Thread: Harmonic: Satelites and Astronauts

Minglin'

Default Harmonic: Satelites and Astronauts

Featuring: Konscript, Rubbface, and Yours Truly...

Get your popcorn

Good edit man, think I enjoyed Kons part the most. big up all of you tho, lots of niceness.

Minglin'

thanks for taking the time Panther...

Disapointed but not suprsied that no one else bothers to comment.

you got a couple things working against you unfortunately:

first off this thing dropped when megmyth dropped (or somewheres around that time cuz I never noticed it) that monster was sooo good and more importantly sooo long, majority of the guys here only have about 30 minutes of time a week to put in to watching fake skateboarding games.

second off the music, personal pref I know, but I had to turn it down. Just not my thing sorry

third majority of the guys here have been watching these for 3+ years now so its hard to take in something that is not completely unbelievable and brilliant or a friend

I saw it, some good stuff some nice hippy stuff, nothing to really complain about. It's just kind of hard to post another "nice watch" for the 1000 time

don't complain, keep trying to improve, make friends, take notes..... or not
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

ps we all went through the same crap trying to get views
    some of us 3 years later still don't get the views we think we deserve
    but I bet everyone looks at there old stuff and thinks "what the hell was I thinking"

edit: not being a dick or anything but i saw what you posted at the kids table on the mega video, if you think this video was better than " until the kenex part..." then maybe there is no help for you. I mean come on, really?
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Minglin'

my vids are getting plenty of views on youtube honestly... getting featured in the EA blog three weeks in a row helped that out a lot....

but i can't get any feedback whatsoever....

"dope vid" feels nice to hear, but doesn't help me gain perspective on filming/editing/or skating.

Anytime I comment on a vid I try and leave an insight to my views on what I liked/didn't like.

As for the music... it was just something different.

I don't want to paint myself into a corner by only editing to hip hop... And I kinda feel it's necessary to edit to off brand music (punk, ska, metal, etc) every once in awhile to really capture a feeling of IRL vids...

I chose this particular song because of it's "elevator music from hell" quality... meaning, its a back round piece (but no doubt metal)... there are lyrics, but you hardly notice... and there are ebbs and waves in the music that lend themselves to natural transitions in the edit. I knew going into the edit that some wouldn't like the song, but i felt it was vanilla enough to not be distracting.

I do watch my old stuff, usually right before I start a new edit, I also take notes. ( I've been a P.A., Ass. tech director, A.D, and an actor... I'm well versed in direction notes)
    Because I don't like to make the same mistakes video to video...

Like this vid's big mistake that really bothers me is that the credits come in too soon, i wish i would have had a fade to black screen, and hold that a second or two before the credits roll in....
    Kinda feel like I squashed Rubbface's ender by rolling the credits that early.