Thread: Is Skate 3 the last installment in the skate. series?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blazing a Trail

Its cool and all to see people being all like "we ll play the game till death, etc", "the true fans will play the game forever"... but i highly doubt it... i feel like the "best" players, the more dedicated, people that pushed the game forward are leaving one after another...I do feel like im tired of this whole thing and many people feel the same. There s still stuff to do, but imo not enough to keep a community alive... by community i dont mean a few people playing together online and having fun (cool for them)... i mean a diverse and bigger group of people making videos, with fresh stuff in it.... this stuff makes you play the game and try harder... it rarely happens nowadays.
    I feel like S3 vids lack something. Im not wowed like i was with S2 and S1...I mean it can be super good / amazing / etc... but theres only a few groundbreaking videos / guys... most stuff is generic now imo (3 years / 3 games... it makes sense...).
    So yeah maybe its me but when there are no more spots available, no more skateboarding... and we cant fly to another country... only a few cap are worth it... its still fluo, glitchy, unreal, etc...
    Watching videos and filming make me enjoy the game, try harder, it makes me interact with others and share something... i dont care about views and i still do my thing but i make vids for entertainment (me and the community). Tiny community means less videos, less dedication, less interaction... no more motivation to put effort in something...
    Dont read my post like "slamooh wants views for his vids, e-fame, ego", you would be wrong. I guess, im just not as optimistic as you. This series is amazing and the community and its diversity are the main reasons it is (was) so cool while it worked.
    Last edited by Slamooh; 12-01-2010 at 02:22 AM.