Thread: Is Skate 3 the last installment in the skate. series?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't remember them announcing the other sequels this early, tbh. I'm sure we'll here more near Christmas time for another Spring/Summer release. Lets not forget, this is an EA title and it's been rolling through the annual release on the EA schedule so Skate 4 or some kind of major sequel is likely, especially if San Van Party Play DLC was the last DLC for S3. Sounds like they're moving into dev mode again.

Also, I agree about the sizing and design of spots. I think if I had to rank the 'maps', I'd say Skate 2 was my favorite. I loved finding the secret, grungy spots to skate and S3 doesn't have many. Most of the areas feel like a 10 lane highway, and that's just not fun to skate. I understand, they opened the game up to have the 'teams' skate around with space, but I'd rather it feel more real and organic like S1 and S2.
    I wanna be the life of the search party.

bb/ea contract was for 3 games...

right now everyone at bb is probably trying to figure out what they can add, how much its going to cost and creating a offer for ea to see if they want to fund the next installment...

no one knows if there going to make another....

yet...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

BB isn't a full EA studio?
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

bb is on a contract with ea but each game they can create is also under its own contract...

honestly i dont know what they make besides skate anymore..
    n4s was sold so i have no clue...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

I really hope we're not even close to the last installment of skate

agreed bacon, i feel the skate series hasnt fully explored all the areas of skateboarding,

like freestyle skating, guys like sg, and pawn try to implement there rl skating in there vids, but i think they should go more into it, handplants and hippy's arent enought for the freestyle skaters

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

rumors say, that there'll definatly won't be another skate. even worse, servers are supposed to be shot down...
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST