Thread: Is Skate 3 the last installment in the skate. series?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Im so grateful for this series, its been a blast

If it really is over, i have 3 games and a cap card and im not going anywhere.

I dont play as much as i used to, but when i do im still having fun and finding new stuff, and as long as there are other people to share with things will keep rolling.

Fluckin' Hatchling

(Note: I tried to post a "skate" update from Kotaku but am too rookie on The Fluckit to post it...but, visit Kotaku...you'll see it)

Been seeing the Kids' Table comments and what's in this thread.

There's enough of you guys here that know the score directly from the Tard's mouth...and those that don't have figured it out.

Appreciate what you have (or don't, your call, your time, your business)...figure out the "workarounds"...but a hearty thanks from those of us that lived and bled the game for many, many years and please know that I and many other "workers" on the team did what we could to get what we could into this round of skating games.

Evidently JR and the visionaries overseeing EA's course charting future aren't stoked on skating. That's cool. The run was fun while it lasted.

But...I'm still thinking, dreaming, and...whatevs.

Keep Rolling...I am.

XBL
    TheDietTea

My number of productions is about to go through the roof..
    Last edited by Antwan; 12-01-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Steam
    Monkadelic

hey Cuz, in spite of my drunkent rant, i have nothing short but the utmost respect for you guys that were on our side and am very appreciative what you have done for the series... I am very sad to see you go, but you gotta do what you gotta do right? Im not playing as much any more, but that also doesn't mean im gonna stop.....even if all the reels get faded out just hoping on for a sesh everyonce in a while still gives me the buzz i need ( minus the six pack hehe) keep rolling.....

Was that Cuztard guy....was he Cuz?? Holy shit.

Cuz if you read this, I want to say that I'm very thankful for all of your hard work. I love this game... and I won't stop playing it, even if there's only 3. I have a passion for this game that some people wouldn't understand.

I really wish I could skate with you online. I've always dreamed of doing that, but I figured it would be impossible to communicate with you. One session with you would be the coolest thing ever . My GT is MarcoPoloUSN if you actually read this.

The heyday of skateboarding games is past, the head of EA, the company that makes Tony Hawk rival franchise Skate, told Kotaku in an interview this week.

EA chief John Riccitiello, whose company's Skate series has been regarded as the better skateboarding video game series in the last few years, sees skateboarding as part of a bigger group of games he thinks will stick around.

"When it comes to action sports, I think that's going to be an an ongoing exciting genre," Riccitiello said during an interview in New York City. "But at least for the level of excitement out there, skateboarding seems to have run its course as the representative example in that broader genre."

Tony Hawk games used to be annual best-sellers but have flopped creatively and commercially in recent years. EA's Skate series, which seemed to surpass the Tony Hawk games in quality has never generated the same buzz as those earliest Tony Hawk games.

(from kotaku)

music games? D:

Riccitiello had been more optimistic about music games, which he believes will make a comeback.

As an example of a new action sports game that is clicking with gamers, Riccitiello cited his company's revival of NBA Jam, a game that has been reviewed well this fall.

Don't Worry, Be Happy Cookiesupporter's Avatar

Music games haha

As if there aren't enough already...but whatever. The series was a blast.
    I did it all for the cookie

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I've heard S3 was the last skate game in the series, along as there aren't going to be any new DLC's (thats just what I've heard anyways...) But even though S3 might be the last skate game in the series, I've still had an amazing time and countless hours played ever since the drop of S1. Got each of the skate game on the date they came out, and played it often until the new one would come out. I still play S3, not as much as I used to because of other real life shit, but I still play it and have a blast every time because I find new stuff and new ideas come into play. I just hope that the servers dying out is just a rumor and won't happen, because I think that will pretty much kill the skate.community... :S

After being a part of the community since shortly after OG Skate dropped, it's really disheartening to see everything so broken up and left in shambles (more or less). I've had a LOT of great memories playing these games, and met a lot of great people (most of them gone now). I'd like to say thanks to everyone who kept finding cool spots, glitches, and lots, lots more; to all the community members who helped shape the games over time, who thoughtfully and intellectually got their points across, and to all the haters for making me realize "hey, this is just a video game" when in heated arguments. To my past teams (Massacre, Frequency, From Hell, Catface), and to my friends from all over the world, thanks.

- Brandon (aka Corpsey)

Amateur Flucker

awesome to see Cuz dropped by for the community, was no doubt BB's #1 employee

if I hadn't of read most of your guys' replies, I would have guessed the Skate 3 servers would still be up for at least a couple years now.. I mean, the game boasted all these different features that relied heavily on the community aspect of it (skate reel, cap sharing, graphics creator...)

don't you think it just sounds silly having all those online functions removed only after a year or so of being released?
    Scharkey

Blazing a Trail

Well it was fun while it lasted and for me I will continue to play for a long long time.. Thanks for all that you've done Cuz and its to bad our plans didn't happen , but its no biggie

Keep Rollin