Thread: Is Skate 3 the last installment in the skate. series?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i'm going to keep going with my blind optimism here

i'd rather have a petty arguing community than none at all

they wouldn't really shut down the servers after only a year... other ea games are still going 3-4 years...

worst case scenario - suck it up and buy a cap card, only use the same 4 graphics, and make parks til i run out of space

i do feel bad for cuz and the team. i'm sure they'd rather be making another game that's near and dear to them.

and i will stick be this game as long as shaun and tony are the only other options.

also, putting this in perspective - skate 2 was released in jan 09 i believe. first glimpse of s3 was in november - 10 months later. so if that logic holds, maybe we'll hear something by about february? it's only been 6 months, no reason to see this as the end already.
    Last edited by mamba12; 11-29-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

FLUCKIT WILL NEVER DIE....well as long as we have a server for it haha
    the true heads of fluckit will still come here everyday or as often as they come now.

as to the skate 4 myth i dont think itll happen....
    we lost cuz, scott and balmer.
    they were the cherries in the jar....
    now all we got is the juice, and once the juice is gone....no more skate, no more servers. only hope for a game made by someone else thats just as good or that's tolerable to play.
    the only thing fueling this game right now is its die hard fans like ourselves.

Blazing a Trail SeksulChokolate's Avatar
    PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

I hate to be so pro fluckit right now but it really has been a second home for not only me but a lot of guys that play this game. I really do think that this little community we have here is one of the best in the video game industry. It's a place to chill and talk to people who share the same love for this game as you do, and share the videos we make out of appreciation for this game. If it were not for skatefluckit.com who knows how this game and community would be like. Some of the best ideas and icons from this game have come from fluckit.

Skate 4? Who knows... One thing is for sure that if another skate comes out, I don't see it having the same feeling as it did before because of the loss of the guys who really took the community into consideration. If it doesn't come out, fluckit will still be alive and kicking and the people who really care about this game will still be playing and recording via capture card. The game we have been with since its birth might stop but this community will keep on rolling...
    Hoodlum: Threat

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well if they discontinue the series I may have some small donations toward the fluck in the future..
    if worse comes to worst fluckit will be more layed back than ever.. buds chillin sharin tunes and real skate vids..
    be here nor there we've got time fellas, enjoy what we have..
    be excited to produce something you enjoy and if all this production doesn't have the team amped to make another
    well nothing will.. we are ripping this game left and right as a whole.. let's make a flucking statement..
    Collab video, We Want Skate 4.. who's down?

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan The Pawn View Post
    Well if they discontinue the series I may have some small donations toward the fluck in the future..
    if worse comes to worst fluckit will be more layed back than ever.. buds chillin sharin tunes and real skate vids..
    be here nor there we've got time fellas, enjoy what we have..
    be excited to produce something you enjoy and if all this production doesn't have the team amped to make another
    well nothing will.. we are ripping this game left and right as a whole.. let's make a flucking statement..
    Collab video, We Want Skate 4.. who's down?
    the we could title it
    "we want fluckin skate"
    "fluck for skate"

just some stupid ideas but i feel like they are just scraping the ice with skating and that they can still add lots. (all vert skaters should know this)

Any one up for a petition? We could take a stand and make some kind of difference right? lol
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 11-29-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Well if this is the last game (and im convinced it is) i had a fucking awesome time playing with the people i met. it was fun, laughs were made and memories too. And even if the game didnt reach what we feel is its true potential, it basically set a new bar for skateboarding games and who knows, maybe some person from these forums who can actually program shi or at least has the know-how of business,skateboarding and gaming can buy what EA put down and continue it some day....

all i know is since the game came out ive put 125.3% of work into my new part and im proud that i and others have stuck with the game this far...
    Last edited by Hitmanx123; 11-29-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: lols and laughs
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH