Thread: Is Skate 3 the last installment in the skate. series?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

even though there was no news about skate 3 for many months after skate 2 came out, i could have sworn the blog kept being updated?

anyways. all of us who paid for filmer pack did pay for server space, they shouldn't be able to take that away from us..

i really wish they gave us some more indepth developer sorta tools. especially for the create a park. (google sketchup esque but with all the current game textures)..

i can't see any game taking over the fake skate world right now.

im down to play skate 3 til it's not possible anymore.

shit, i'm down to play skate 1 and 2 still.

worst case scenario and all the servers do shut down, well we didn't have create a park, or gc in skate 1 and we were fine then.

so lets just enjoy it all while it lasts, and hope it lasts for a real long time..

Fuck this shit I'm gonna play some
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Shit I still have to play OG skate...

I'm late...I better get on that...

And adda's right...the true fans are going to stick around and enjoy the game the game for many many years....

I know I am. Even though I started with Skate 3...I consider myself a true fan. I love this game to be real...and once I get all three...I'll play til I can't move my fingers. I will be here on fluckit as well.

Steam
    Monkadelic

with all honesty if we did lose cuz from BB ( which sucks and i was wondering why the blog hasn't been updated since the first half of last month) you can expect the ppl still left there to go on with their biz and not put anything else in this game.. they fucked it up enough already with s3 with no career mode basically ( lets face that hard cold fact) and refusing to listen to us about impossibles and put underflops in instead ( wtf) they did some very bad things for this game; however they did do some REALLY good things for this series also: ( bringing back old school film modes.... adding ramping to reel, hardcore mode IE "skate2", some old maps DLC, but with all that dlc they FAILED to provide a good filmer pack with NO WATERMARK!!!!!!!!!!!! im a fond believer of you cant have your cake and eat it too... but goddamn? we got it for less than nothing in s2 and now i done bought all the dlc and other shit just to play and film everyone else and you cant give me a fuckin watermark!!!!!!!!!!? good grief..............don't get me wrong; i can easily crop that shit out or mark over it but that is besides the principle..... the ONE thing we actually needed they pissed on us; and i will never pay 10 bucks to eliminate some stupid little watermark when i can crop it out or mask over it period.......... they just weren't thinking and not listening to the general population when they did s3 which is why im gonna go back to s2 for a bit until the take those servers off.... which will probably be at the new year rollover tbh. why would EA fund skate anymore when they have their bread and butter madden NBA and now the MMA ( which is ungodly sub-par to undisputed its ridiculous) but long story short.. EA is only concerned about the bottom line sales and the numbers of ppl playing the game- all of which we unfortunately fall into the lesser category...............)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    rationalism....

im drunk...

god damn if monk wasnt right though...
    some crazy ass mother fucking decisions....
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Blazing a Trail

Its cool and all to see people being all like "we ll play the game till death, etc", "the true fans will play the game forever"... but i highly doubt it... i feel like the "best" players, the more dedicated, people that pushed the game forward are leaving one after another...I do feel like im tired of this whole thing and many people feel the same. There s still stuff to do, but imo not enough to keep a community alive... by community i dont mean a few people playing together online and having fun (cool for them)... i mean a diverse and bigger group of people making videos, with fresh stuff in it.... this stuff makes you play the game and try harder... it rarely happens nowadays.
    I feel like S3 vids lack something. Im not wowed like i was with S2 and S1...I mean it can be super good / amazing / etc... but theres only a few groundbreaking videos / guys... most stuff is generic now imo (3 years / 3 games... it makes sense...).
    So yeah maybe its me but when there are no more spots available, no more skateboarding... and we cant fly to another country... only a few cap are worth it... its still fluo, glitchy, unreal, etc...
    Watching videos and filming make me enjoy the game, try harder, it makes me interact with others and share something... i dont care about views and i still do my thing but i make vids for entertainment (me and the community). Tiny community means less videos, less dedication, less interaction... no more motivation to put effort in something...
    Dont read my post like "slamooh wants views for his vids, e-fame, ego", you would be wrong. I guess, im just not as optimistic as you. This series is amazing and the community and its diversity are the main reasons it is (was) so cool while it worked.
    Last edited by Slamooh; 12-01-2010 at 02:22 AM.

....well, just a thought. but maybe the game industry in general regards the game-controller as we know it as some kind of a phase-out model. this would mean, that the flick-it system is outdated as well. so maybe EA just stops to invest in all the old-fashioned stuff atm, thats not too profitable for them.

hasnt been too long since sony's move and xbox' kinect have been introduced. who knows what some clever guys are puzzling out. atm there arent many games that use the potential of these new controller types i think. and im sure that no one figured out, that a complex control-system like flickit would have been possible, when the first ps1 controllers were introduced.

dont get me wrong. i absolutely dont like the idea, of having to jump around in my living room to play a video game, like i saw in an xbox 'project natal' spot some time ago.
    i love lying on my couch and having complete control over a skater, just using my 2 thumbs. but im not sure, if thats the direction the game industry is going. computer games were evolving since they exist and so did the controllers. dont know what that means for fakeskating's future...i hope something!

fact is, that skateboarding always played a part in computer gaming (as a discipline in 'california games', skate or die, thrasher's skate and destroy, tony hawk series, skate series, now shaun white) and im optimistic, that there will something new, hopefully even cooler than everything we have seen. the question is only: when?

in the meantime ill shred some fake pools....and hope you could follow my confused thoughts....!
    !!!