Thread: TFC Part 1

XBL
    TheDietTea

Default TFC Part 1

The Final Chapter Part One

My way of making you wait without making you wait.. enjoy it.

Hey look widescreen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5lCi7RlHPQ&hd=1
    Last edited by Antwan; 11-23-2010 at 04:55 AM.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

1:00 blunt was sick

garbage can thing to nosegrind at 1:55

boardslide up the quarter at 2:00

lots of creativity, you've come a long way, really digging your stuff.

looking forward to the other parts.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Thanks man

Awful Awfuls!

loads of really creative skating. i didnt like the filming though buts thats my opinion. shouldnt have used that song though it got old really fast. anyway pretty nice watch

XBL
    TheDietTea

Now I know pawnluvs a nice guy so be straight with me why didn't you like the filming?
    observing real skate videos the 10mm lens only highlights the trick and shows the roll away
    I look at this video and see much progression no shakey ends or jumpy cams..

Awful Awfuls!

imo 10 mm doesnt look too great. its hard to pull it off 15-18 looks better to me. and the cams were somewhat jumpy and abrupt when moving but if thats your style that keep on doing it the skating was cool for the most part really creative

I agree with NJ i had a similar comment on the thread at the kids table but it was a good watch

XBL
    TheDietTea

all in opinion but thanks for yours..
    I can't even spot a jumpy cam man but in my opinion no filmer is perfect sure it's a game it's fakeskate
    but I don't know what started this whole perfect cam thing..
    real skate videos are not perfect it's the vibe that gets you going or atleast why I enjoy them..
    I don't spot the few cams I always seem to mess a few up though it's not going to be perfect I doubt it..
    just crazy to me how people can spot so much in 2 minutes of filming it almost feels insulting
    but I contemplate a lot and think through everything so maybe I'm blowing things up..
    more than likely but I was going for the whole hype vibe I think I've got it down the fact that people enjoyed it is a good thing.

cams see wild because there are so many markers.
    an example of your jumpy cam in this video....first trick with the long ass manual....right before you 3shuv
    your cam wobbled side to side as if it didnt not know which side to stay on. subtleties

tricks were dope....some i thought you could of gone back a redo em but whatever.
    a couple of questionables.
    crook kickout at 1:23 looked sweet with the wheel getting squashed
    blurred clip was pretty funny
    shopping for kickflips over poles
    ender was nice....but definitely would of tried to get it without the legs going nuts.(its hard as hell to get boneless' over things with your legs keeping still, so glitchy)

i like your style ~!

XBL
    TheDietTea

Cheers guys.. that's another reason I split this video into parts
    feedback is my ammo.. I'll mess with markers but no promises on the cams.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

All i wanted to say has already been said. Which was:

1. the skating itself was mad and sweet, nice tricks and variety

2. the song being nice a while, but i grew tired of it very fast, but don't take it personal 'cause this is just a matter of taste and cannot be argued about.

3. maybe the most important part. your cams, you have a good approach but you kill it with way too many set markers, which makes the cam itself choppy and at times hard to follow. it sometimes seems that there are like 8-10 markers on one trick. its like the cam is here then there then here again, high and low and so on. it is okay to set many markers to make the cam do what you want it to do, but and here's the key, you gotta delete most of them after the cam does the pan you want it to do, which in this state (markers still set) is kinda hectic and i call it choppy, you go and choose like the minimum amount of markers needed, obviously pop, highest point of the trick and the landing, those are the three markers which shouldn't be deleted in first approximation, after deleting the other markers you'll realize the cam being much smoother, but at most times it might cut out parts of your tricks, now comes the second attempt of setting markers, which is corrections of how high or low the cam is (looking up or down i mean, not the actual height), maybe some minor tweaks to the site, but just let the cam itself where it is no corrections on where the cam is. if you do it that way you'll realize the cam will be so much smoother. maybe you give it a shot and try it out that way.

4. i'm glad you held back with the effect-craze you had on some of your last vids

looking forward to see more of you

[EDITed] for better understandings
    Last edited by fallingskyline; 11-23-2010 at 04:41 AM.
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

XBL
    TheDietTea

Thanks Skyline.. I'm glad I can keep it fresh with all the rippers that are playing skate.3 that's the hardest part.
    It was a pretty short part so I'm guessing people who didn't like the song don't like the genre as much as me.. it's all good.
    The effects we're a test and as I said I'm going off of feedback that stuff didn't go too hot.. although I did enjoy them haha.
    Thanks for the tips.. I will try everything I've read for part 2.. look for it soon, have much free time during thanksgiving here..
    I just wish people weren't mindset into taking me so seriously,
    I'm not upset I'm just trying to grasp what people are giving me advice on skyline and saunders summed it up for me..
    it's advice but it is feedback and this the most attention my stuffs ever gotten.. I may consider reopening my solo series with an epic prologue we'll see how it goes..
    Stay Tuned.. keep rippin.

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    All i wanted to say has already been said. Which was:

1. the skating itself was mad and sweet, nice tricks and variety

2. the song being nice a while, but i grew tired of it very fast, but don't take it personal 'cause this is just a matter of taste and cannot be argued about.

3. maybe the most important part. your cams, you have a good approach but you kill it with way too many set markers, which makes the cam itself choppy and at times hard to follow. it sometimes seems that there are like 8-10 markers on one trick. its like the cam is here then there then here again, high and low and so on. it is okay to set many markers to make the cam do what you want it to do, but and here's the key, you gotta delete most of them after the cam does the pan you want it to do, which in this state (markers still set) is kinda hectic and i call it choppy, you go and choose like the minimum amount of markers needed, obviously pop, highest point of the trick and the landing, those are the three markers which shouldn't be deleted in first approximation, after deleting the other markers you'll realize the cam being much smoother, but at most times it might cut out parts of your tricks, now comes the second attempt of setting markers, which is corrections of how high or low the cam is (looking up or down i mean, not the actual height), maybe some minor tweaks to the site, but just let the cam itself where it is no corrections on where the cam is. if you do it that way you'll realize the cam will be so much smoother. maybe you give it a shot and try it out that way.

4. i'm glad you held back with the effect-craze you had on some of your last vids

looking forward to see more of you

[EDITed] for better understandings
    hey thanks for that.....i didnt know about deleting markers after working out the line ,angle etc.....

duuuude! that was HOT!
    DAMN it i love this solo!

heres a technique i use for long lenses (works most the time)
    step 1 get lens length you want
    step 2 put one marker on the pop (may be off centered)
    step 3 put one marker on the landing (may be off centered)
    step 4 correct, this is the most important part. since you have setup a marker toward the beginning and end your speed will be perfect all you need to do is angel the camera up and down

This is a good example at 0:54
    Also please don't make comments about my video this is antwan's thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWn0M..._order&list=UL

XBL
    TheDietTea

Thanks guys.

Minglin'

yeah there is no point in giving tips since its already been done. Other then that, nice vid my man, nice ender.