Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is YOUR greatest trick that you ever landed in the skate series?

Default What is YOUR greatest trick that you ever landed in the skate series?

I'm curious to see what others answers for this will be, not to mention some sick clips.

I want to know what is the best thing that you have ever landed and FILMED throughout the series, all your opinion of course, you can give the details/story behind it as well, I'd enjoy reading it.

Mine would have to be the banger for my final skate 2 video.

illmatic and I we're up all night that day it happened, just trying to film for our 5-in-1 debauchery video and I was aiming for something I wasn't sure I was able to do.

The body varial/sex change DURING the boardslide was the most irritating part, but i'm sure you figured that out, if you watched it. After almost two hours of straight failed attempts at it, I was about ready to quit, but I was stubborn and determined to get it.

After that long period, I finally got the body varial/sex change to not cause me to bail so he caught it on the VERY end of the orange barrier and I just quickly reacted to turn back to normal stance and it ended up being perfect.

BAR NONE, the best clip/trick that I have EVER done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

My back feeble to back smith and banger (Switch laser flip) seem to be the favorites of most people.

It had taken me...about 3 hours to do. I got it about 4 times prior, but none the looked as good and kept the same speed. I also had AI skaters constantly trying to skate the rail and get in my way, it got so annoying that I had to do delete the dude off my friends list because his AI kept getting in the way.

Also, my one foot tail tap over the roll-in at the Snake Run park. My tail tap at 2:11. The tailside kickflip out at 2:51 and the blunt kickflip out after it.
    Last edited by nolan1053; 12-14-2010 at 01:11 AM.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

At 1:56 I did a switch BS 5-0 to switch blunt, so much frustration

Blazing a Trail

On s2

Banger in this vid (that i consider as my best edit on S2)... took me too much time... both ledges arent flat...

On S3... not released yet... but its a gap too

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

buttslide in skate 2 - i lost the video, but there'll be someone that knows what i mean

filmingwise for skate 3 i think the fakie treflip (banger)
    Last edited by fallingskyline; 12-14-2010 at 06:23 AM.
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

i don't know about hardest cause i could post a lot of vids here but this one got some pretty retarded shit going on,and torfinho's told me his last trick was the hardest he's ever done.

i remember spending 6 or 7 hours on one trick in my s1 downhill video.but i've probably done even worse in pools.

i guess the hardest trick award would go to southcity or bullet,in the s2 dubs era.

hardest trick award vote goes to bullets ender in the last psychonaut video. flawlessly done and impossibly hard.

mmm hard one. Maybe my feeble to smith ( banger ) [here](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCWwEKJgss)
    or my ss nosemnl popless 360 flip ss mnl @ [1:59](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-wm3Funp0)
    or my front board to lipslide @ [2:55](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-wm3Funp0)
    or my SS Marc Johnson @ [4:04](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-wm3Funp0)
    or my variel heelflip under rail @ [4:16](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-wm3Funp0)

I have been making vids for such along time, so it's hard to remember, and to choose. but I think these above are my own personal fav.
    I got like 3 of his parts on my phone right now that I watch on a regular basis before playing for inspiration. - TheBullet

great stuff tubi,reminded me that the craziest tricks done in this game award goes to pawnluv.
    Last edited by Manolo; 12-14-2010 at 08:27 AM.

ender. took like 4 nights of trying it on and off.

and then eflix did it too within an hour :/

Hats off to Noted for making this thread. There are some monster tricks in here that I forgot about.

3m25s

Wallride up The Darkness. This took me 6 months.

Inspired by Demzilla who told me his tecnique to get enough speed to ollie up The Darkness. I tried for 3 months using his setup and then gave up. Later, Stevland told me I needed to go back and get it befroe S2 ended. I dragged 2 dumpsters onto the ledge above the alley and pushed them over the fence, then I stacked the dumpsters on top of each other through a tecnique that I would rather not describe but could be easily summarized as "ass-pain" and then set my marker on top of the dumpsters and jumped into a quarterpipe in the back of the alley. With this setup, it still took me 2 more months to actually get to the top of the stairs and land the trick.

Wallride up the Darkness. No trick has ever been harder for me and it is without question the trick I am most proud of.
    Last edited by Jack; 12-14-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Damn Jack. I remember watching that and yelling "no he didn't!"

ender ollie. i didn't think it was landable. it took 3 two hours sessions. i got lucky...

i got a switch fs smith switch tre out that got magically deleted
    youtube.com/freecactushugs

Cacty = trailmix

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Hats off to Noted for making this thread. There are some monster tricks in here that I forgot about.

3m25s

Wallride up The Darkness. This took me 6 months.

Inspired by Demzilla who told me his tecnique to get enough speed to ollie up The Darkness. I tried for 3 months using his setup and then gave up. Later, Stevland told me I needed to go back and get it befroe S2 ended. I dragged 2 dumpsters onto the ledge above the alley and pushed them over the fence, then I stacked the dumpsters on top of each other through a tecnique that I would rather not describe but could be easily summarized as "ass-pain" and then set my marker on top of the dumpsters and jumped into a quarterpipe in the back of the alley. With this setup, it still took me 2 more months to actually get to the top of the stairs and land the trick.

Wallride up the Darkness. No trick has ever been harder for me and it is without question the trick I am most proud of.
    No greater trick has ever been done down, or up Darkness since.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

Steam
    Monkadelic

well , technically this wasnt 'landed'.. but this took me a few days straight nonstop right when s2 came out to get it right.... and even then the board went through the rim...

MY greatest trick?

....shit...the darkslide i did in skate 1 at the library (first one ever btw), now that its deleted i cant show you guys but whatever....

EDIT*Actually hold that i fluckin almost forgot about hubba hideout omfg, i did a nollie late flip bs noseslide on it, AND a nollie late flip bs blunt in the same day. Kush witnessed both of them

i wanted to say a trick thats prob gunna be in my new part, but *no spoilers*
    Last edited by Hitmanx123; 12-14-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: lols
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Awful Awfuls!

The banger in this s2 solo was one of my best.

Or the blunt kickflip to fakie in the deathbox at 2:09 or the banger were also some of my best

the banger to my new s2 solo (W.I.P.) but itll satisfy your bloodthirst when it comes believe me
    or the double grind line i sent to the community bye to s2 vid that supa cut in half lol
    EzPzLemnSqueezy http://www.youtube.com/user/EzPzLemnSqueezy Fuck

Jack: I watched this, and now I'm officially retarded. Even as tipe these, I can fell my brian sloery grating numb. gnow, wheen eyee ophen my mouf is begin to drewl tiem. Tanks for you to my for is different.

ef aye wash tis gain ten I no tinker moar. then sreepy teim 4evrr.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

So many tricks, hard to pick one, maybe a few from each game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mIDwKU_HtY
    the opening trick (long ungrindable 5-0)
    1:58 (ungrindable rock to fakie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK9yQQtDFY4
    :12 (blunt fingerflip)
    :53 (heelflip wall kick bonk kickflip)
    1:32 (double nosebonk)
    1:50- 1:58 (wall kick stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBRayv5W130
    3:25 (hippy shuv to fakie nosemanual)
    ender (back heel hippy 50-50

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

no this is your best trick

Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    TheDietTea

In my opinion you don't have a best trick pawn maybe a most difficult..
    enjoy watching the madness unfold for sure..

1:40ish double piss footplant action.. as far as I know only available in skate 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KRrUkdq9us

all of these...
    especially the blunt to blunts and the triples...0:27 till the end
    Last edited by Demzilla; 12-15-2010 at 10:42 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ206ka-CAo
    The ender here

I topped it up, but the video got taken down, so I got to footy
    youtube.com/tacoman1337

Lance, please don't try to spam your videos here just for views.

If you're greatest clip is in one of the two then I'd be glad to see it, but just saying "all of these" isn't narrowing it down AT ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Dude, these are all pretty sweet. I forgot about a bunch of these until now.

This is a leftover vid after my collab with Skhate for S2. I don't think a lot of people even saw this video and the ender is totally completely ridiculous, but it had been something I had been screwing around with and trying and couldn't do. It became a thing I'd try every now and again and I finally got it. But still thought it was too crazy to use, just way too over the top.

Actual collab with Skhate in S2. I'd been trying to get through that damn bus bench hole for waaay too long. I'd also like to point out that Skhate's ender in this is one of the gnarliest tricks ever done in S2, for sure. That shit's not even grindable.

My Megamyth ender had to be my hardest for S3 if we're doing S3. That stop sign's not grindable and it's like 300 feet away from that ledge.

ive been thinking about this for a few days now and i cant think of anything that sticks out...

i have done the same trick over and over and over for months at a time...
    landing the trick over and over again...
    for days..
    for hours...
    but not getting the right landing i want...

border line torture....
    as the years went on ive gotten alot better but still..
    some things in s1 and s2 where beaten to death for so long the trick lost its appeal...

that shit was sad but satisfying all at the same time...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

^ your flatground 360 ender

horse that stop sign was insane

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Skateheads_Sugar_Lips/

banger.....
    this solo got me where im @ today...on the worst team ever....and i love it.

Steam
    MakeshiftOddity
    PSN
    MakeshiftOddity
    XBL
    MakeshiftOddity

Ender for this:

^Get psyched to be here.^

the clip i was most stoked on was the ender in eflixxxism, a bluntslide tresoutta infront of a photographer. treflips from nose and tail slides and blunts was as many rememder kinda tricky, and the spot and setup was not the easyest to deal with. i remember being stoked on keeping the pop up on the sidewalk prior to the bluntslide low, and landing high in the bank was also sweet. The trick took me a couple of sessions, and i still get happy rewatching it.

ive also done a million huge and tricky gaps, but none stick out as a number one clip.

direct link to the trick here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXYjW...ailpage#t=268s

I remember watching anchors ender, got blown away by the fact that his ender was a straight up ollie but yet one of the hardest tricks I could imagine... Sick

4:02 : Two last tricks in my part for your s2 full length

Nollie down that stair was a good 4 hours trying. Full speed, a 90° turn round a corner, a glitchy edge right at the top of the stairs, not hitting either side of the walls and last but absolutely not least, I kept hitting the ceiling on my way down. Timing had to be pinpoint exact, close to impossible.

Ender was something I tried on and off for a couple of months, a few hours at a time. Getting the speed meant turning on the pillar quarterpipe thingy which made the camera perspective for the next part very hard; ollieing up to that bench from an angle. Avoiding the magnetism when I finally hit the bench was also a pain. Lastly the gap is pretty big so I needed maximum pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

this thread is bliss right now. When I get home, I'm going to get lit and watch every video one after the other. Demzilla . . .come on . . . what about your 50-50 wallride at the end of S2? I remember tripping balls when I saw that shit, that's the best I can think of off-hand, but there's so many more.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

is this thread about proud tricks or hard tricks that took forever...
    that 50 wall ride is fantastic but it only took a good 10 tries...

that 360 kick flat ground was done a few times till i said fuck this im keeping it....
    it was suppose to be the opener to a run...

one trick though..
    never filmed..
    took 2 games to do...

front hurry dub grind front blunt....
    thee most frustrating thing ive ever wanted in the game...
    got it at the end of s2 but didnt film it cause the self satisfaction was so over whelming i forgot...
    you know when you do dub grinds and you guy gets stuck..
    still sliding but he wont move or ollie..
    that hideous....
    south did it in 10 min...
    prolly over 30 times in that last month of my hope....

proud?...
    ender for my next full....
    noseblunt ungrindable on a grind spine....
    slide like 8 feet before he locks in noseblunt...
    nose hanging off the edge...
    im really proud about that and i cant wait to show it off...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Amateur Flucker

I know the servers for the OG skate reel are down, but is there any access to vids you currently had uploaded? I had this fs flip thread the needle type trick that I never put in a video since I was done with filming for og skate. Out of any type of grind/gap I've done in the skate series, it was one of the most difficult tricks I had attempted (still haven't been able to do it).
    Scharkey

Don't Worry, Be Happy seamonkeymadnss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    That was like getting a handjob in a blender . . . blood everywhere, people are crying, granny's in the corner clucking like a chicken, but you two just keep hitting the puree button.

Sweet thread, I have read everyones post and I can't wait to get all these in. Demz your first kf foot kick wall might be the single most clip that really made me want to make videos. I don't remember which video it was, you had just a part. Follow cam, I could draw it even. All tubs shit!!!

I have posted these videos more than I ever would wish but...

Nose grab tail slide, looks dumb now but where that vert ramp would turn it wouldn't let you stay on track.
    And the ender, incredibly frustratingly hard. It was a trick set in a contest by midnight. His actually had a kf at the end. Took me 3 days non stop, my controler had perma manual and I was so fucking stoked when I got to the end I blew the kf.

The chair slide hippy banger. Of all clips as kinda corny as it might be, come on its just so stupidly sick!! Plus it got Chris Haslam to personally say my name (maybe even more corny but...) which now that EA is pretty much extinct from my future. I should of won that contest AND the Santa Cruz GC contest. But Ron Yatco said I couldn't win any more contest. So they bribed me with Etnies Shoes, some clothes, and stickers and some other shit. I was SUPOSED to get "hooked up" as Ron put it by Santa Cruz but it never happened. I wasn't about to get pissed off and complain. Middle aged man stealing first in all there kiddy game contests. I never mailed him a print of his sushi gc like I said I was. I had some stupid idea I could make fathead type wall graphics for skate, you design a gc or do a trick. Then I convert it to a removable wall graphic. With hopes of doing them for madden. Fatheads you have to pick from one or two poses. With this you could design your own pose. That way I could get around the NFL copyrights. Ea owns them. So that's why I always sucked up with the gc's in the early days. Not sure why I'm saying all this, I guess cause it's never going to happen or never would have.

".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

holy shit knexor...i did the same treflip at the gap only going the other way and i thought that was good....

mine would have to be
    S3-ender
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAJq4JjWNrI
    i love everything about this trick...the spot, the creativity, the difficulty, the trick...not to sound full of myself

Fluckin' Hatchling

i think this is the trick ive been most stoked about. but im not sure if it's my greatest trick

It took a long time to do. Ive landed a few others, but they didnt look that good.
    Last edited by Tassemann; 12-16-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Blazing a Trail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDcBgSZHMk

Last two tricks took lots of time and many months... Landing both trucks on rounded poles and then coming off and landing was tricky.

My Hippie Tailwalk thing, can't be bothered to get a link

Got on one Day, tried some stuff, pole got annoying, talking to magic and moses, as usual i wasn't chatting, they out of nowhere started shouting, good times