Thread: Starting to have Vietnam flashbacks.

Default Starting to have Vietnam flashbacks.

EPIC BC2 Vietnam last night.

driving and flight school, 2 vs 8 conquest. (aka Roc and Emb vs. the world!)

Did we get spawned trapped? No.
    Did we smash around in a tank, playing disaster music, destroying everyone and everything in our path? Yes.
    Did we steal both Hueys, flying in formation, chasing charlies from base to base? Uh, fuck yeah!
    Were we able to destroy every enemy tank, BEFORE they could even capture a flag? HELL YES.

Let me set the stage. Operation Hastings. Conquest.
    Imagine if you will, two men... both crafty engineers, hell-bent on keeping all enemy equipment away from their intended primary objectives.
    Are you dwelling on the fact that they were heavily outnumbered?
    Honestly? That would be a deadly mistake. You too would be fooled, as the enemy was, time and time again.

First assignment.
    Commandeer a jeep with a mounted heavy machine gun. Check.

Proceed to Charlie Flag, sweep and clear, then capture. Check.

Return to the jeep, begin patrol of bridge spanning from Charlie towards Bravo.

Approaching the bridge, Roc yells out,
    "Shit Emb! Looks like an entire squad is attempting to cross the bridge on foot... HOLY SHIT! They have their backs to us! Stay on the MG, I'm getting out."
    Constant bursts of heavy machine gun fire rip past Roc's head.
    "Don't worry man, you're not goin' home in a box today!" Emb screams out.

With only one thing on his mind, Roc rushes the first soldier, combat knife in hand. Not a split second of hesitation. The first man goes down with barely a whimper. 1 down, 3 left.

Being the first man to notice the barrage of machine gun fire, the soldier furthest across the bridge starts to turn. Seeing his squad mate slump to the ground, he frantically starts hip firing his AK47.
    Unfortunately for him, Emb already has his sights set, stopping the fool dead in his tracks. Hopefully they can identify what's left. 2 down, 2 to go.

"Jesus Christ Emb!"
    Roc, having already sheathed his combat knife and switched to his sidearm, easily dispatches the two remaining enemies.

Reckless? Maybe.

"Are you alright?" Emb asks.

With half a grin, Roc replies, "Thanks for the cover man, but it looks like drinks are on you tonight..."

Hardly containing his laughter, Emb agrees, "Fuck, fair enough."

"...but you know Emb... I could have had all 4."

"Get the fuck outta here, next time YOU stay in the jeep asshole!"

TRUE FUCKING STORY.

So now, who's down for some Bad Company 2?
    Last edited by Embers BLS; 01-13-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

first of all, i was a sniper... hence why i used the pistol

second of all, i only got out of the truck cuz i missed running the guy over and i wanted his dog tags.

I set 2 goals for last night, blow up a tank with TNT (successful) and snipe someone out of a chopper.

I didn't snipe anyone out of the chopper but i shot the driver out with the mounted MG on the jeep. so it counts.

what was even more fun was lone-wolf covert ops when you got kicked out. It was 2 on 6 and the other team had all the tanks and the choppers. I managed to survive, capture 2 flags by myself and obtain 2 new dog tags without being killed.

/ninja roc
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

oh yea, all of this was after we tried to sneak into a movie and then went on a drug induced vision quest.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Don't Worry, Be Happy Cookiesupporter's Avatar

HOLY SHIT FUCKING AWESOME !!!

Man BFBC 2 is the best FPS hands down...I always play it at my homies house on PS3. It's so fucking intense, unbelievable gameplay...don't have it for xbox though

@Embers: Great story telling
    I did it all for the cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    oh yea, all of this was after we tried to sneak into a movie and then went on a drug induced vision quest.
    LMAO, that was beyond ridiculous.
    You do realize we played for hours last night. After the bridge, we were laughing like crazy. (regardless of class selection lol) AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiesupporter View Post
    HOLY SHIT FUCKING AWESOME !!!

Man BFBC 2 is the best FPS hands down...I always play it at my homies house on PS3. It's so fucking intense, unbelievable gameplay...don't have it for xbox though

@Embers: Great story telling
    I couldn't agree more. Thanks man.
    There are always awesome stories, after you play Battlefield.