Thread: DGK-Josh Kalis Ad..

Can I Kick It? Techn9cianforlife's Avatar

Default DGK-Josh Kalis Ad..

This is my first one..only been using photo shop for about 24 hours. Don't be too critical please.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

i like it.. add some simple borders in between maybe and possibly try flipping the top and bottom sections. Only reason i say that is cuz the eye reads top left to bottom right so you'll be telling more of a story with the add, but that's just getting too critical..

/highpost
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Funny you say that..cause I debated on doing that for about a half hour..then decided on making it the way it is. I wasn't planning on this being the final product, so there's still room for moving things around. Thanks for the feedback though.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    i like it.. add some simple borders in between maybe and possibly try flipping the top and bottom sections. Only reason i say that is cuz the eye reads top left to bottom right so you'll be telling more of a story with the add, but that's just getting too critical..

/highpost
    I second roc's suggestion. but looks nice already
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Don't Worry, Be Happy Cookiesupporter's Avatar

I like it too. Espacially the pic where he's about to jump on the board. Really cool. Also cool to see u here Tec
    I did it all for the cookie

it's not bad.

BUT the images are squashed. if you hold shift when resizing it'll keep the proportion in tact.
    maybe make the text smaller, and keep in mind story telling in the layout.

sorry if that sounds super critical, but that comes with studying graphic design and having tutors tear my work apart to my face.

That's pretty cool dude. The tricks look nice. It could use a few tweaks...basically what adda said.

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice. I'll jump back on Photo Shop later today and do those little things that were suggested.

Edit:
    Last edited by Techn9cianforlife; 01-19-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: cause

Another small idea is to back the cam off a bit so you can crop out the vignetting next time not saying redo the shots just a tip for your next one vignetting on lOng lens bugs me minorly but the board jump pic is sick
    Ungrindable.........I beg to differ!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpdidde13 View Post
    Another small idea is to back the cam off a bit so you can crop out the vignetting next time not saying redo the shots just a tip for your next one vignetting on lOng lens bugs me minorly but the board jump pic is sick
    Ya know I didn't even think of doing that..Lol. Thanks JP.

I think this will be the final product. Roc I tried puttin a border around the pictures, but I didn't think it looked right. JP, after cropping the original pictures I've come to the decision it looks much better. Lol. So thank you for that suggestion. Adda I used the "shift" key this time around, and you're right I can tell the difference. So yeah, check it out. Feed back once again is welcome

the DGK ALL DAY is too distracting to be on the photo imo.

but if you were to set up a single page spread, then there'd be space on the right side of this, where both the logo and the text could go.

like an off white colour. DGK ALL DAY. and the text at the bottom.

Since my monitor/graphics card/computer/life is all fucked up and super-widescreen, I can't really tell about image quality but keeping proportions, as adda said, is key.
    Also I hate the text. I'd say download some classy looking fonts and play around with blending them. Keep it clean though. Might want to consider placing the 'photo by' text in some remote place, it stands out too much.

My two cents. I like your idea and photos, even though I can't see them properly
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    Since my monitor/graphics card/computer/life is all fucked up and super-widescreen, I can't really tell about image quality but keeping proportions, as adda said, is key.
    Also I hate the text. I'd say download some classy looking fonts and play around with blending them. Keep it clean though. Might want to consider placing the 'photo by' text in some remote place, it stands out too much.

My two cents. I like your idea and photos, even though I can't see them properly
    Did you see my revised one??