Thread: Skateboarding question

Default Skateboarding question

So, recently I've been thinking of longboarding. I've noticed it really turned into old school, Z-Boys like skating. Just doing carves, slides, and bombing hills. But I've always been watching a lot of old school freestyle skating and some new Rodney Mullen footage. So out of curiosity, which would you think would be more fun. Freestyle, or Longboarding?
    Because I can't decide what I want to do.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

Who fucking cares? Do what YOU want. Besides, you just posted on Facebook recently "I don't get how this is cool" and it was a video of a guy longboarding. One minute you like something, the next you're abandoning it. Same with -core music that you used to love, and now hate, but I'm sure you secretly still love.

just do everything and have fun..

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

do both, i do both, do whatevers fun man dont limit yourself or care about anything else.

weren't you wanting to know a couple weeks ago whether to get a old school zorlac or something or a freestyle deck? And now this? I don't know man, whats the point of the question? To see what is more popular? If that's the case neither, you don't deserve either of them. Not to be a dick and all but once you stop caring so much of what other people think you will enjoy life a little fuller. I even think I saw you see Tubs part and say something about you skating this way from now on. I don't get it, its one thing to ask what kind of bearings to get or trucks or something. This is like if you see a chic and a tranny and ask which one to fuck. I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into", that's just incredibly gay. sorry just my opinion.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

bmx..

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    weren't you wanting to know a couple weeks ago whether to get a old school zorlac or something or a freestyle deck? And now this? I don't know man, whats the point of the question? To see what is more popular? If that's the case neither, you don't deserve either of them. Not to be a dick and all but once you stop caring so much of what other people think you will enjoy life a little fuller. I even think I saw you see Tubs part and say something about you skating this way from now on. I don't get it, its one thing to ask what kind of bearings to get or trucks or something. This is like if you see a chic and a tranny and ask which one to fuck. I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into", that's just incredibly gay. sorry just my opinion.
    The question was for what you think is more FUN, not popular. Also, nobody answered my other question, so I narrowed it down to freestyle or longboard. And the reason I said I want to start skating like Tubi is because it looked fun. Skating to have fun is a lot better than skating because you feel the need to get clips. Since I started skating differently, I feel like I WANT to film, and where as when I used to skate super realistic and slow, I felt like I HAD to get clips.
    Last edited by nolan1053; 01-25-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Awful Awfuls!

Quote Originally Posted by nolan1053 View Post
    The question was for what you think is more FUN, not popular. Also, nobody answered my other question, so I narrowed it down to freestyle or longboard. And the reason I said I want to start skating like Tubi is because it looked fun. Skating to have fun is a lot better than skating because you feel the need to get clips. Since I started skating differently, I feel like I WANT to film, and where as when I used to skate super realistic and slow, I felt like I HAD to get clips.
    SO the same thing applies... what do you think is more fun, everyone has different opinions. We can't tell you what is fun for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchors View Post
    Anders rips your throat out and uses it to wax his spots.

Quote Originally Posted by andersatan View Post
    SO the same thing applies... what do you think is more fun, everyone has different opinions. We can't tell you what is fun for you.
    If multiple people find something completely lame then I'm not going to waste my money on something I probably find lame. When people find multiple cons in something, that usually drags someone away. Like how Signguy said "I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into"." He has a valid point which is louring me away from longboarding. This isn't the kids table, Anders. You don't have to disagree with everything I say just because you don't like me.

Awful Awfuls!

If multiple people find something completely lame then I'm not going to waste my money on something I probably find lame. When people find multiple cons in something, that usually drags someone away. Like how Signguy said "I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into"." He has a valid point which is louring me away from longboarding. This isn't the kids table, Anders. You don't have to disagree with everything I say just because you don't like me.
    SG wasn't saying that it's incredibly gay to long board because of what it has turned into. He was explaining that it's incredibly gay to not long board for the sole reason of what it's turned into.
    And dude, I'm not trying to disagree with you because I dislike you I'm disagreeing with you...... because I disagree with you on this topic...
    I apologize if I come off as an ass hole, that's life. And I'm also sorry for my childish argument with you in the inwerm thread.

Peace out brotha.

But the thing about this thread is not me choosing what the most people go with, it's just to hear some opinions on the two sports.

If multiple people find something completely lame then I'm not going to waste my money on something I probably find lame. When people find multiple cons in something, that usually drags someone away.
    Why would it though? If you legitimately like something, it shouldn't matter what other people think. Honestly, I think you're just trying to get a feel for what the other dudes here think and go along with what's popular. Do what NOLAN likes, what NOLAN thinks is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Why would it though? If you legitimately like something, it shouldn't matter what other people think. Honestly, I think you're just trying to get a feel for what the other dudes here think and go along with what's popular. Do what NOLAN likes, what NOLAN thinks is fun.
    I'm looking for OPINIONS. Pros and Cons. Like...Freestyle boards are hard to find or...Longboarding gear is expensive. So I know what I'm actually looking at. It's like picking a different board, some people might like flatter boards or a smaller board. Getting people's opinions is always nice.

Who fucking cares? Do what YOU want. Besides, you just posted on Facebook recently "I don't get how this is cool" and it was a video of a guy longboarding. One minute you like something, the next you're abandoning it. Same with -core music that you used to love, and now hate, but I'm sure you secretly still love.
    And then I posted a video of guys longboarding differently, there's different kinds of longboarding apparently. I wasn't aware of it until I watched a bunch of videos. There's that retarded throwing your board down a stair set and jumping on it, there's insane fucking hillbombing and there's the old Z-Boys kind of skating with carves and shit. And there's really no -core bands I listen to anymore. Maybe 2 or 3. I just grew out of it. I don't get how that's so hard to understand.
    Last edited by nolan1053; 01-25-2011 at 10:01 PM.

It's not hard to understand, but when you flip-flop so frequently... one mintue it's 80s skateboarding, the next it's freestyle, then it's BMX, then it's longboarding, it's kind of hard to take what you say seriously dude.

It's not hard to understand, but when you flip-flop so frequently... one mintue it's 80s skateboarding, the next it's freestyle, then it's BMX, then it's longboarding, it's kind of hard to take what you say seriously dude.
    I'm getting a bike and I still love 80's skating. But this has nothing to do with that. A person can have multiple hobbies. I haven't even tried freestyle or longboarding so don't even try to add those.

longboarding... always wanted to try it.

Yes You Can!

Dude, skateboarding's skateboarding. That's all there is to it. If you've got the money to blow then try out a bunch of different shit. But again, a skateboard is a skateboard regardless of it's shape or how you ride it, go outside dude.
    -Dharma Inc.-
    -Baroque-

Quote Originally Posted by PyR0MaNiAc225 View Post
    But like a funny sad, like when a girl gets cunt punted and she yells really loud and high and funny, but then she bleeds to death

Quote Originally Posted by punkinate View Post
    Dude, skateboarding's skateboarding. That's all there is to it. If you've got the money to blow then try out a bunch of different shit. But again, a skateboard is a skateboard regardless of it's shape or how you ride it, go outside dude.
    I don't have the money to blow, that's why I'm asking for people's opinions.
    I never thought it would be this hard to get a few people's opinion.

Awful Awfuls!

I don't have the money to blow, that's why I'm asking for people's opinions.
    I never thought it would be this hard to get a few people's opinion.
    If you wanna try free style go outside with your current set up and try to learn free style tricks.
    If you wanna try longboarding go outside, find a big hill and bomb down it on your current set up.
    Find out what you find more fun then buy a more specialized board for the activity.
    It shouldn't be so hard for you to find your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by andersatan View Post
    If you wanna try free style go outside with your current set up and try to learn free style tricks.
    If you wanna try longboarding go outside, find a big hill and bomb down it on your current set up.
    Find out what you find more fun then buy a more specialized board for the activity.
    It shouldn't be so hard for you to find your own opinion.
    This is worse than the ultimate guitar forums, by far.
    I give up.