Thread: Skateboarding question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Skateboarding question

So, recently I've been thinking of longboarding. I've noticed it really turned into old school, Z-Boys like skating. Just doing carves, slides, and bombing hills. But I've always been watching a lot of old school freestyle skating and some new Rodney Mullen footage. So out of curiosity, which would you think would be more fun. Freestyle, or Longboarding?
    Because I can't decide what I want to do.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

Who fucking cares? Do what YOU want. Besides, you just posted on Facebook recently "I don't get how this is cool" and it was a video of a guy longboarding. One minute you like something, the next you're abandoning it. Same with -core music that you used to love, and now hate, but I'm sure you secretly still love.

just do everything and have fun..

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

do both, i do both, do whatevers fun man dont limit yourself or care about anything else.

weren't you wanting to know a couple weeks ago whether to get a old school zorlac or something or a freestyle deck? And now this? I don't know man, whats the point of the question? To see what is more popular? If that's the case neither, you don't deserve either of them. Not to be a dick and all but once you stop caring so much of what other people think you will enjoy life a little fuller. I even think I saw you see Tubs part and say something about you skating this way from now on. I don't get it, its one thing to ask what kind of bearings to get or trucks or something. This is like if you see a chic and a tranny and ask which one to fuck. I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into", that's just incredibly gay. sorry just my opinion.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

bmx..

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    weren't you wanting to know a couple weeks ago whether to get a old school zorlac or something or a freestyle deck? And now this? I don't know man, whats the point of the question? To see what is more popular? If that's the case neither, you don't deserve either of them. Not to be a dick and all but once you stop caring so much of what other people think you will enjoy life a little fuller. I even think I saw you see Tubs part and say something about you skating this way from now on. I don't get it, its one thing to ask what kind of bearings to get or trucks or something. This is like if you see a chic and a tranny and ask which one to fuck. I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into", that's just incredibly gay. sorry just my opinion.
    The question was for what you think is more FUN, not popular. Also, nobody answered my other question, so I narrowed it down to freestyle or longboard. And the reason I said I want to start skating like Tubi is because it looked fun. Skating to have fun is a lot better than skating because you feel the need to get clips. Since I started skating differently, I feel like I WANT to film, and where as when I used to skate super realistic and slow, I felt like I HAD to get clips.
    Last edited by nolan1053; 01-25-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    GT: ZigZaggerr