Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the song above you.

I always approve of some early Metallica, not so much their later stuff. The oldies have are just more thrashy.
    I dont know if you could call this a song...I think its a track, beat, or mix...PROMOTING A HOMIE!!!:
    I got that Fluckin' Love

Quote Originally Posted by Goon_Panda View Post
    bump.

That was fucking cool Ayreon. Wasn't keen on the intro though so I had to skip through.
    that was the main part that was arabicy. They're a brown prog metal band, its awesome lol.

just reply to legba's song next person. wasnt my style. not gonna count my reply

I didn't really like that Legba. Not my thing.

I'm really surprised that I like this track. Been trawling the soundtracks of various skate videos here. There's some good shit to be found maaaans.
    Last edited by Goon_Panda; 04-21-2013 at 04:17 PM.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

wasnt too bad goon i liked it.

this is not really a song, but very inspiring imo
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

Quote Originally Posted by Goon_Panda View Post
    I didn't really like that Legba. Not my thing.
    No sweat, just posted it for a homey man, thought I'd get him 2 views lol

Hobbs That's some brooding shit right there, lil homie! I listened to the whooole ting!
    The bass and piano progressions were a little tired, I've heard them used in many other songs.
    Not bad tho, I wouldn't listen to it as is, but it makes awesome movie music!

In fact, that track was so brooding, it made me wanna listen to some whiny shit I haven't heard since high school:

And for that, I thank you lol
    Last edited by Legba; 04-22-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

XBL
    Yarivpa

Jimi hendrix forever

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lDSE7tnVdFg

I also like blues and rock'n'roll, but some times my ears are ready for some hard rock!
    Let the good times roll !

lol now whose gonna say anything bad about Hendrix? that's a given. like it of course
    love it

Prog metal by the same dude that brought you Death. power metal style singer

That was sick. I love how the kick drum was playing in 3/4 timing, but the rest of the song in 4/4.

it's a funny song, something i would listen to, like tenacious D, with my friends when we're drinking or smoking weed. not something to listen to on a daily basis.

now this, everybody probably already heard it, but i think it's one of the best songs that has been made in the past decade or decades. it's so swingin' and funky!

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

-Sk8ter that was funky weird vibe but not bad!

- Classics man:

of course i like rush. im canadian

bin awhile since someone posted something heavy as fuck

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Ayreon- to be honest, i absolutely hate heavy metal! I didnt really like that lol. Heavy metal is the only music i hate listening to.

- here is some neil young.... maneeeee!!!!!

Neil Young is the man and that song was cool as fuck. Fucking love his singing voice.

_________

IMO this is one of the best songs ever written.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Oh shit i thought i posted that? Whatever, i love that song!!! so gooood!

Once again, not much of a song but still sick imo

pretty chill song with some epic build up. would be a neat song to make a skate vid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Ayreon- to be honest, i absolutely hate heavy metal! I didnt really like that lol. Heavy metal is the only music i hate listening to.
    kay, as far as im concerned you saw me post saying its heavy and you didn't even press play. I don't actually believe that but you didn't rate the song. this topic is to rate songs. not talk about entire genres. when theres a song I don't like that's hip hop, ill actually specify what I do and don't like. kinda the point to the topic. otherwise its just spam

for example, one rap song, I said I didn't like rap. but the lyrics spoke out against violence and police corruption. unlike a lot of rap where it tires to be "gangsta" and they seem like posers. it felt genuine.

even if u said it was too heavy and you don't like scream singing id at least know you pressed play and listen to it for more than 10 seconds.

heres another song from another metal band, lul

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    pretty chill song with some epic build up. would be a neat song to make a skate vid too.

kay, as far as im concerned you saw me post saying its heavy and you didn't even press play. I don't actually believe that but you didn't rate the song. this topic is to rate songs. not talk about entire genres. when theres a song I don't like that's hip hop, ill actually specify what I do and don't like. kinda the point to the topic. otherwise its just spam

for example, one rap song, I said I didn't like rap. but the lyrics spoke out against violence and police corruption. unlike a lot of rap where it tires to be "gangsta" and they seem like posers. it felt genuine.

even if u said it was too heavy and you don't like scream singing id at least know you pressed play and listen to it for more than 10 seconds.
    Nah dude i listened for like a minute, i just said i didnt like it thats all sorry if i ofended you.

Next person rate ayreons song!

wasn't offended lol like I said I don't actually think you pressed play. just need more for feedback in a song. the lyrics in that one kicked ass.

kinda bout someone who sees their potential or is past their prime, but is currently "bored" with themselves. in a rut I suppse

but yah, rate the song I just posted. its not metal lol

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

fuck i just deleted what i said, but sick song ayreon! I liked the tune, glad its not a screamer. Also it comes from a metal band?

Props and thanks to goon for allowing me to remember trhe animals!

arent animals known for not writing their own stuff? idk it was a joke on simpsons tho. maybe im thinking of a different band. wasnt bad. its old school rock. kinda bland for my taste. singer seems a bit unversatile.

haha yah there a power metal ban. power metal has classical and folk influence, hence their fullly folky song. heres what they usually sound like

XBL
    WvZie

Ah man, the song above reminds me of my motherland (Poland)
    Anyway, pretty unique song choice I liked it

My song is totally different, but it has a vibe into it which i really dig. So even though it's so different, I hope the guy beneath me is open-minded xD Enjoy

Youtube: youtube.com/FanaticWuZie
    Xbox gamertag: WvZie
    "Objectivity is key"

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Super chill song, me likey!

Been blasting a lot of old school The Prodigy this week, totally forgot how good they are!

of course im not in electronic much as all but cant hate on prodigy. probably wont listen to that again but i enjoyed it just now lol. trippy as fuck. i fucking love ostriches. so god dam goofy looking

yah yah more power metal. but ive been listening to this song a lot lately. plus the last one was just so hobbs can compare

That was cool. Kinda motivational n shit. I liked it.

Last edited by Goon_Panda; 05-06-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Didn't embed for fuck's sake.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

always thought that song was kinda catch but i just could never really get into it tbh

hope you all like black metal

XBL
    Stokenstein

I would have loved it when I was 17 probably, pretty melodic which is good with heavy stuff to me, I was digging it. Could have mixed the guitar and vocals up a little.

Shotgun Jimmie, good stuff.

not bad. so simple of a rock song. maybe a bit punky. its fun. not my style. overall i find it a bit boring. but not bad.

this was in reply to snail, stoke's post came out of no where lol \/

music wasnt heavy enough to sound like usual black metal. singing was there. kinda sounds more like screamo, but the vocals are closer to the death style. but things that are black metal really have to do with more of the lyrics so i dont know shit.Dont know how i feel about it lol. vocals seemed a bit out of place with the music. that and they sounded just like he can only get the one tone out of his death scream. when the dude from opeth or hypocrisy are more varied.

speaking of not knowing what black metal is supposed to sound like, heres one of the first black metal bands. buddy showed me them. apparently some of the first black metal dude are even in this vid. even Euronymous, the one that was murdered by varg vikernes. i feel like i posted this before..idk. hard to remember.

edit

it will probably make most of you lol. but remember, this shit lead to murders and church burnings. haha so its pretty fucked up
    Last edited by Ayreon; 05-07-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    ayreon said a bunch of shit but i deleted it in order to save space and not distract from my post
    yeah i'll admit i don't really listen to that much black metal but i know at least a little bit about it. deafheaven isn't really STRICTLY black metal, they combine black metal with a lot of post-rock like elements like the more droning, crescendoing composition and more melodic riffs and changes (which a lot of more modern american black metal bands are doing now, i mean just look at liturgy), but i feel they still keep well with black metal's more lo-fi attitude when it comes to recording/mastering along with an almost complete absence of any midrange. lyrics fit with black metal's image too, just as bleak and depressing as a nordic winter. i can DEFINITELY see where you'd make the screamo connection though, if you're not listening too hard it doesn't sound horribly far off from something you'd hear off an old pageninetynine demo. i guess a better thing to call it would be "atmospheric black metal." idk i'm not all THAT well-versed in metal that isn't stoner metal.

w/e there's my 2 cents. why argue about genre classification when we can just enjoy it for what it is right?

i feel like you may have posted that candlemass track before too but every thread needs some more candlemass. music video is hilarious tho, that part where he's just kinda pointing at those guys walking down the road shouting "YOU ARE BEWITCHED" was lolworthy. good track tho.
    Last edited by i am a snail; 05-08-2013 at 12:03 AM.

XBL
    Stokenstein

Reply to Ayreon's video:

I am digging it. This is more similar to the style of metal I like these days. I think the best metal is the metal that is a caricature of it's self, singing about wizards and evil and all that stereotypical metal shit. Candlemass is old, so it's even better.

i really liked the music in that. pretty progressive. cool shit. wish they had a stronger singer. it wasnt bad really. just more along the lines of talking instead of singing

Quote Originally Posted by i am a snail View Post
    yeah i'll admit i don't really listen to that much black metal but i know at least a little bit about it. deafheaven isn't really STRICTLY black metal, they combine black metal with a lot of post-rock like elements like the more droning, crescendoing composition and more melodic riffs and changes (which a lot of more modern american black metal bands are doing now, i mean just look at liturgy), but i feel they still keep well with black metal's more lo-fi attitude when it comes to recording/mastering along with an almost complete absence of any midrange. lyrics fit with black metal's image too, just as bleak and depressing as a nordic winter. i can DEFINITELY see where you'd make the screamo connection though, if you're not listening too hard it doesn't sound horribly far off from something you'd hear off an old pageninetynine demo. i guess a better thing to call it would be "atmospheric black metal." idk i'm not all THAT well-versed in metal that isn't stoner metal.

w/e there's my 2 cents. why argue about genre classification when we can just enjoy it for what it is right?

i feel like you may have posted that candlemass track before too but every thread needs some more candlemass. music video is hilarious tho, that part where he's just kinda pointing at those guys walking down the road shouting "YOU ARE BEWITCHED" was lolworthy. good track tho.
    ya for sure, genre talk only helps tell a person what a band is in description and only really matter before you even hear the band. after that its just more about what you like. and like i said before, it wasnt bad. could grow on me. and ya, post-rock was another genre i was trying to think of but forgot what its called.

next song. something more classic. less metalish

but influenced metal a fuck load like candlemass did with black metal. even further back. late 60s. also the vid again is hilarious

bump jeez

XBL
    x1mmortal

Although while I don't really like those type of songs I admire the mood and progressions of it. Not digging his headgear, though.

Love me some Zeppelin, just learnt this on my guitar.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

XBL
    x1mmortal

Wow, good song, "THANKS FOR REPLYING!" Gee, no problem!!

Second I heard this I fell in love with it. Great piece of art.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

XBL
    crni1976

This song puts me off, because of the frolicky piano play and because in general I prefer my lyrics to be more indirect, even somewhat cryptic yet containing something personal to relate to, rather than "telling a story".

Case in point: I remember clearly hearing The Saddest Day by Converge for the first time somewhere around the mid-nineties and being blown away by the sheer energy it contains. Those first cutting and slashing guitar chords sunk deep into my skin and I have been a fan of the band ever since. Converge truly sets the mark and raises the bar for mindboggling agressive hardcore punk music with a personal message to this very day.

For now, I urge everyone to check out this song, taken from one of their classic (yet still early) albums Petitioning The Empty Sky (1996 Ferret Records).

Also find enclosed the lyrics, I suggest you try and make these out during the song. Enjoy.

And we won't be breathing in that same sun again. None of this will ever surface again. How we get older, how we forget about eachother. And the angel falls to the sky. Raised and coiled she blessed this day she did. And it rings our ears. She rarely flies anymore, burden broke her wings. And I know this ghost, I have seen it before. Young it is the dying too fast, too soon, I'll be okay. The air thins in the quick and our lips move but we hear no sound. Every time you justify, another good in you dies. Faith and fear sears me, and love and you pull all the right strings. "How we get older, how we forget about eachother," she said. Entwined within the sadder of days.

I agree somewhat when a band has abstract lyrics. sometimes its hard to know what the fuck the songs about.

as for that song, when it comes to hardcore vocals, or even death metal vocals, it needs to have good diction. I nee to be able to make out the words. here the singer sounded like he was screaming one word at a time. that would be okay if I could tell what the word is. kinda just sounded like a dying animal. music wasnt bad to and the lyrics are good for sure

heres a song with retardely abstract lyrics. i have no idea what this song is about lol. but i love it. vids got lyrics in it

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Mercenary <3

haha yah. awesome. google image search that guy. crazy shit lol

second time posting this band. look at the name of the song lmfao. so awesome

That was p. sick. I enjoyed it. Guitar riff during the first 30 seconds was fuckin cool.

___

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Never been so much into Soundgarden, but wow thanks for introcuding me that song. I really liked it!

poor sound quality but that kinda made it more badass lol. I can picture that in the background while shooting up in a hells angels crack den.

good stuff

heres something different from my usual metal and grunge. try and get a variety. Some old school prog rock

odd timeing, very funky. ah yee