Thread: Rate the song above you.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    crni1976

For some reason, I never really could get into the whole Ben Harper thing, but I damn well enjoyed this song. Thanks for sharing. I might have to reconsider.

I most definitely am a DC hardcore and punk enthusiast, especially most things Dischord in the eighties and nineties. One of the bands I still appreciate to this very day, is Rites of Spring, a band that fell apart almost as soon as it started out. Yet the handful of shows the band did play are legendary in terms of passion and unconditional surrender.

Touché Amoré is a group of eager young people that are signed to the infamous Deathwish Inc. label and are currently hitting the stage with the kind of emotion, conviction and passion that might very well be the musical equivalent of some outfits such as the aforementioned Rites of Spring in the eighties or Swedish punks (and friends) Serene and Children of Fall in the nineties.

This, to me, is the kind of music that drives and inspires. Enjoy.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by crni1976 View Post
    Touche Amore
    you rock. emo/screamo(skramz?) is my favorite ever.

i saw the following bunch of dudes live in may (two sets, them and the band 'tigers jaw') and it was a very good show

I'm not too sure about that one snail. The music/beat was good but I couldn't really understand the lyrics and it felt like they just got in the way. That's probably just because I had my volume low though.

Just found out that Black Sabbath were here in New Zealand a few months ago. Fuck. I would've gone to the show if I had known it was happening.

Glad this thread is up and running again.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

classic

Read the thread title.

Fuck I think we're derailing the thread again