Thread: Rate the song above you.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    x1mmortal

Wow, good song, "THANKS FOR REPLYING!" Gee, no problem!!

Second I heard this I fell in love with it. Great piece of art.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

XBL
    crni1976

This song puts me off, because of the frolicky piano play and because in general I prefer my lyrics to be more indirect, even somewhat cryptic yet containing something personal to relate to, rather than "telling a story".

Case in point: I remember clearly hearing The Saddest Day by Converge for the first time somewhere around the mid-nineties and being blown away by the sheer energy it contains. Those first cutting and slashing guitar chords sunk deep into my skin and I have been a fan of the band ever since. Converge truly sets the mark and raises the bar for mindboggling agressive hardcore punk music with a personal message to this very day.

For now, I urge everyone to check out this song, taken from one of their classic (yet still early) albums Petitioning The Empty Sky (1996 Ferret Records).

Also find enclosed the lyrics, I suggest you try and make these out during the song. Enjoy.

And we won't be breathing in that same sun again. None of this will ever surface again. How we get older, how we forget about eachother. And the angel falls to the sky. Raised and coiled she blessed this day she did. And it rings our ears. She rarely flies anymore, burden broke her wings. And I know this ghost, I have seen it before. Young it is the dying too fast, too soon, I'll be okay. The air thins in the quick and our lips move but we hear no sound. Every time you justify, another good in you dies. Faith and fear sears me, and love and you pull all the right strings. "How we get older, how we forget about eachother," she said. Entwined within the sadder of days.

I agree somewhat when a band has abstract lyrics. sometimes its hard to know what the fuck the songs about.

as for that song, when it comes to hardcore vocals, or even death metal vocals, it needs to have good diction. I nee to be able to make out the words. here the singer sounded like he was screaming one word at a time. that would be okay if I could tell what the word is. kinda just sounded like a dying animal. music wasnt bad to and the lyrics are good for sure

heres a song with retardely abstract lyrics. i have no idea what this song is about lol. but i love it. vids got lyrics in it

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Mercenary <3

haha yah. awesome. google image search that guy. crazy shit lol

second time posting this band. look at the name of the song lmfao. so awesome

That was p. sick. I enjoyed it. Guitar riff during the first 30 seconds was fuckin cool.

___

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Never been so much into Soundgarden, but wow thanks for introcuding me that song. I really liked it!