Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 163

Thread: The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #41
    Inna Check-Mate State Antwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    THE WOODS
    Posts
    3,729
    Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

    Default

    Im going to mess with that right now..
    good shit man.

  2. #42
    Fluckit Master Ayreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    anyone got a good list of ungrindables?

  3. #43
    Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,341

    Default

    Oh woorrrd?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gospel According to Roc
    Roccityroller: all hail, for here i am, thy master
    Roccityroller: and unto my people i say, let there be eight wheels
    Roccityroller: and replay editors
    Roccityroller: and thus it was written, all of skatefluckit came to thy roccity and asked "what for ist 'realistic' thy lord"
    Roccityroller: and thy lord responded, "my people, get drunk and have fun, for thus is the rollerblade"
    Roccityroller: and the people rejoiced and provided the roccity with gifts of alcohol and illicit drugs

  4. #44
    Inna Check-Mate State Antwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    THE WOODS
    Posts
    3,729
    Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

    Default

    The full size pad works for the ramp..
    what does that mean? Haha
    I'm lost can't get this shit going

  5. #45
    Fluckit Master briden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    The full size pad works for the ramp..
    what does that mean? Haha
    I'm lost can't get this shit going
    The ground pads come in three different sizes. The Ramp droppable I was using fits inside of the biggest one, you can see it in the pictures. Other droppables fit into smaller pads, and some (the slide, for example) only fit inside the Mega objects.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

  6. #46
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    can use any prop then ? seems like a lot of work for one rail but if u could figure out how to put them in outher objects like stairs then u hit the jackpot LOL
    create it and skate it !

  7. #47
    Blazing a Trail xRiverKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Great job Briden, worked like a fucking charm!!

    Can't wait to see this being ripped up, awesome find

  8. #48
    Fluckit Master briden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    can use any prop then ? seems like a lot of work for one rail but if u could figure out how to put them in outher objects like stairs then u hit the jackpot LOL
    As far as I know, yes, all props will work. Some of course will be more glitchy than others, but this could be worked around by constraining movement with more ground pads. I only got to dick around for about an hour before class, but tonight I'll put in some work and get some ideas flowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

  9. #49
    better than you i am a snail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,643
    Steam
    i_am_a_snail

    Default

    i am going to have so much fun with this prop thing

  10. #50
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    anyone got a good list of ungrindables?
    A lot of the world terrain ( i think thats what it is im a little baked right now) upside down is ungrindable , I ll give u some picks when psn is up
    create it and skate it !

  11. #51
    Fluckit Master briden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Messed around a bit trying to polish my efforts, using two droppables in one pad and constraining all movement.
    Like the stock manual pad but wish it was a little thinner?

    Blown-out view from the top with pad removed

    bottom view






    Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    anyone got a good list of ungrindables?
    http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=6504
    Lots of good info in this thread, too much to copy-paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

  12. #52
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Messed around a bit trying to polish my efforts, using two droppables in one pad and constraining all movement.
    Like the stock manual pad but wish it was a little thinner?

    Blown-out view from the top with pad removed

    bottom view








    http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=6504
    Lots of good info in this thread, too much to copy-paste.
    that would make a sick sub box !!!!
    create it and skate it !

  13. #53
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    As far as I know, yes, all props will work. Some of course will be more glitchy than others, but this could be worked around by constraining movement with more ground pads. I only got to dick around for about an hour before class, but tonight I'll put in some work and get some ideas flowing.
    sucks for me ! your on 360 right ? some more pics would help
    create it and skate it !

  14. #54
    Fluckit Master briden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    sucks for me ! your on 360 right ? some more pics would help
    Yeah I'm on 360, how far along in the process do you need more pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

  15. #55
    Inna Check-Mate State Antwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    THE WOODS
    Posts
    3,729
    Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

    Default

    I got it thanks Briden
    if anyone else gets lost like I did
    the picture with the street ramp under the dropable is another option
    you can use a pad or the street ramp for PAD1
    Made a few things.. I may put a few of these ideas into my solo..
    So fun.. gives the editor a new light

    also.. you must move your cursor inside of the pad to highlight the object when flipping it with the pads.
    Last edited by Antwan; 05-04-2011 at 08:40 AM.

  16. #56
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    i got a tip and a question . first the tip if u put anouther pad beside the prop, it will stay in good and tight and right where u want it for when u flip the pad over for the rail to merge through . Next my question, could someone post a pic of how to do the basketball hoop ive been having a problem with that . And when i try to use some of the props they fall threw no matter what ?
    create it and skate it !

  17. #57
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    i got a tip and a question . first the tip if u put anouther pad beside the prop, it will stay in good and tight and right where u want it for when u flip the pad over for the rail to merge through . Next my question, could someone post a pic of how to do the basketball hoop ive been having a problem with that . And when i try to use some of the props they fall threw no matter what ?
    like so i could use without the wood mega pad ? trying to build a basketball court for an elementary school im building
    create it and skate it !

  18. #58
    Fluckit Master briden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Was this kind of what you're aiming for?




    The basketball hoop was one of the tougher ones, but it's all just a matter of breaking it down to what needs to be constrained. In this case, I constrained movement in all 4 directions as it tended to tip after the drop. Here's a picture of what the hoop looked like, before the flip, with the enveloping piece removed to show full detail. PS: The enveloping piece I used for this was the middle-height Vert ground pad.



    The final height of the hoop is determined by the position of the upper-right pad, as it stops the base of the hoop after everything gets flipped. Moving it higher would end up with a higher hoop, and vice versa. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

  19. #59
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Was this kind of what you're aiming for?




    The basketball hoop was one of the tougher ones, but it's all just a matter of breaking it down to what needs to be constrained. In this case, I constrained movement in all 4 directions as it tended to tip after the drop. Here's a picture of what the hoop looked like, before the flip, with the enveloping piece removed to show full detail. PS: The enveloping piece I used for this was the middle-height Vert ground pad.



    The final height of the hoop is determined by the position of the upper-right pad, as it stops the base of the hoop after everything gets flipped. Moving it higher would end up with a higher hoop, and vice versa. Hope this helps.
    Thanks u so much it was pissing me off i thought i could only use the wood mega pad could u post a couple more pics like side views and maybee it elavted much appreciated THANKS BRIDEN the only outher problem is my park is starting to earthquake in one spot ( On a side wall out of all places lol at least it wont effect the park or the skateable stuff ) but im going to put in work and save it
    create it and skate it !

  20. #60
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    Thanks u so much it was pissing me off i thought i could only use the wood mega pad could u post a couple more pics like side views and maybee it elavted much appreciated THANKS BRIDEN the only outher problem is my park is starting to earthquake in one spot ( On a side wall out of all places lol at least it wont effect the park or the skateable stuff ) but im going to put in work and save it
    the top pic is dead on for what i want
    create it and skate it !

  21. #61
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    did u figure out my tip before i posted it ?
    create it and skate it !

  22. #62
    Blazing a Trail Ohmidineffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Just out of curiosity does something like this increase the chances of your game glitching and causing earthquakes and ghost pads to occur? It just looks like something that would do that sort of thing.

  23. #63
    Administrator Demzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    ohmidin...

    yes yes and hella lot more yes...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

  24. #64
    Seeing the Light XILENTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Anybody down for a little spot remake? Bank to Ledge in Tarzana, CA.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1ox...eature=related - 6 Minutes in. I gave it ago myself but I'm not good at making parks and I mostly ended up shooting over the ledge!


  25. #65

    Default

    this prop sinking has given me all kinda ideas... i will be playing around with this later to see what is what, props for the great find briden

  26. #66
    Fluckit Master briden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    did u figure out my tip before i posted it ?
    Yeah, I mentioned it a few posts back. Where are you getting confused with the basketball hoop though?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmidineffect View Post
    Just out of curiosity does something like this increase the chances of your game glitching and causing earthquakes and ghost pads to occur? It just looks like something that would do that sort of thing.
    The more you constrain movement, the less glitching/quaking. Ghost pads can happen to any elevated ground piece though, I haven't had it worse with this than in any other park where it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

  27. #67
    Awful Awfuls! OGBMX420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned it a few posts back. Where are you getting confused with the basketball hoop though?




    The more you constrain movement, the less glitching/quaking. Ghost pads can happen to any elevated ground piece though, I haven't had it worse with this than in any other park where it happened.
    i got it now i was having problems trying to get it that pefect height , ( u can also use the cat walk peice as a pad)
    create it and skate it !

  28. #68
    Blazing a Trail
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Borough
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Tempting idea with the props but I'm not about to risk an entire park for a few extra spots, I must say, epic work Briden, mad skills.

    Shame it's yet another potential glitch, if it was stable i'd be on it like a dog in heat.

    Peace

  29. #69
    Inna Check-Mate State Antwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    THE WOODS
    Posts
    3,729
    Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

    Default

    hey just open an existing park make an object use it and save it as something else..
    This game is all about glitches it's not like we don't manipulate the engine every time we play
    just do it.. you're fine.

  30. #70
    Seeing the Light XILENTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Just some flooring options I found while messing around:


    The graphite one to the left is the University sign flipped and tiled. The white tile is spillway planters flipped. The weird pattern one is hotel planter flipped and tiled. unfortunately that's the only way they seem to want to fit together :/

    oh and the guy that made 512 warehouse is a legend. using the rusted roofing of team HQ as a roof for a warehouse is a good idea.
    Last edited by XILENTZ; 05-06-2011 at 10:42 AM.

  31. #71
    Inna Check-Mate State Antwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    THE WOODS
    Posts
    3,729
    Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

    Default

    I have a park I made and didn't finish kind've like a plaza thing with tiled banks..
    used the dlc roof top pieces for that, they are white and look tiled as well..
    link them upside down for floor, right side up for banks.

  32. #72
    Blazing a Trail xRiverKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Damn Briden you are good with those dropables, they seem to give me a headache

  33. #73
    Inna Check-Mate State Antwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    THE WOODS
    Posts
    3,729
    Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

    Default

    Yeah confusing at first.. but once you get it going the idea is really simple..
    I've been messing with a few ideas and I may make a little 5n1 at a little park..
    low grind perfect popless rails and a nice custom bank that registers manual spins
    This opened doors again.. this game wont die.

  34. #74
    Seeing the Light XILENTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I have a park I made and didn't finish kind've like a plaza thing with tiled banks..
    used the dlc roof top pieces for that, they are white and look tiled as well..
    link them upside down for floor, right side up for banks.
    Aha I made a little warehouse TF tonight using a flipped port carverton market sign (if i rememember, the underside is nice and dark but has texture) along with the underside of an electric box for walls. the boxes have nice detail on them that looks quite clean with some scuffs and fits in well if you put plain colours on them!

  35. #75
    Seeing the Light XILENTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    disregard the last post aha it was the kink i used flipped for flooring. pics and whatnot.

    As you can see it makes some nice flooring!


    Gonna need some walls, dont' fancy falling a good 30+ feet!


    Lookin' pretty grim!


    Paint it red! (or pink or blue whatever floats your boat/boner)

  36. #76
    Seeing the Light meAd4m76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    65

    Default

    holy carp i love you briden, just made some hella epic shit, by the way, for the guys who are running out of space in their parks you can remove pad 1, but you cant move it afterwards or itll fall into the ground

  37. #77
    Yes You Can!
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I wondered how to sink objects! I've been messing around in a park lately with sinking plywood and letting half of it come up to make small wooden plywood ramps that you can actually roll onto without needing to do a little ollie hop

  38. #78
    Seeing the Light meAd4m76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    65

    Default

    guys. all. props. can. be. merged. with. all. objects. without. this. method. easily. in. seconds.

  39. #79
    Blazing a Trail Ohmidineffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Teach!

  40. #80
    Fluckit Master briden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Yeah come on, this isnt the "Tease. everybody. with. a. lot. of. periods." thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •