Thread: The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blazing a Trail

Default The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so no matter who you are or how long you've been building parks there's always something new too be discovered. Lets use this thread to share our ideas, give tips, and to get inspiration from one another.

How to use this thread -

1. Share your ideas and give tips on park building (also ad to others ideas and advice)
    2. Post pics of parks your working on and ask for opinions.
    3. Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to CAP (Create a Park). No question is a dumb question, ask away!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I try to make my parks as realistic looking as possible so these tips I feel worked for me. Most if not all of these tips Ive gotten from fellow park builders and I hope to get more!

- When building parks I Build one area at a time. I usually start with a house/Building or stair set that sets the mood for the park. I'll Build off and around that one piece. I NEVER square off the whole park then go back and fill in. I think it makes the whole process over whelming. For instance, I'll started with a stair set including a hubba or rail, then put grass next to it, build a building that makes sense next to that and continued out piece by piece. I try to get as detailed as possible within this small area. I think it helps me envision what should come next within the park.

- Use the basic pads only as a last resort. I try to always use a textured floor's and walls first whether its brick, sidewalks, or something flipped upside down, etc etc.. I think using Textures helps get rid of that 2 dimensional feel some parks have.

- Use your guy as a measuring stick (best advice I ever got). Naturally you want to make sure your rails, ledges, and steps are at the correct height according to "real life". What I think a lot of guys forget is even though your not going to use a door, wall, or fence is if its set at a funny height it makes looking at the surroundings un-realistic reminding you that your playing a video game.

-When placing grass I try to always use the hip grass or angled grass rather then just the flat pieces (helps create the feeling of being in the park rather then ON the park)
    -Make custom rails before resorting to the stock ones.
    -Real life has weeds in sidewalk cracks (don't go over board with it though), Trees aren't lined up perfect, bushes are sometimes crooked, etc etc.

Dude i love U and this thread !!!

- When you have built an object or section, ride it and ride around it for a while and try to analyze the obvious routes (where you usually end up). Then, with that knowledge, it is a lot easier to plan your surroundings in a logical and flowing way.

- If you feel hesitant about a part of your park, delete it and start over. The key to a good park (according to me) is being fully content with it yourself.

- Multi-leveling. Go up, down, left right. A flat platform gets repetitive. Think about parts of your neighborhood or other familiar surroundings; draw inspiration.

I will try to keep this list updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    - Multi-leveling. Go up, down, left right. A flat platform gets repetitive. Think about parts of your neighborhood or other familiar surroundings;.
    Thats excactly what im doing. Actually im in switzerland now and i was walking around this beautiful village in middle of alps and got much awsome ideas for CAP. Cant wait to get back finland to do middle european village with sweet wooden houses, small sidewalkmgoin down with little river next to it. Bushes and foliage everywhere and huge number of small sidepaths with stairs and wooden rails and curbs. Damn i love CAP...

I have also couple tips.
    - Use colours to create different feelings to your park. Try to mix different colours for perfect combination. But for example one too bright and wrong colourred objects like rails can fail your total look.

- Doing park with theme is best way to get good looking overall. For example i just said that middle european village theme. I have hige number of different themes... Cina, japan, barcelona style plaza (under progress), abandoned factory, hospital yard and lots of others... I can do list from them soon because writing is pretty slow with iPad...

I will also keep that thread alive !

XBL
    TheDietTea

How I get the most out of Create-A-Park..hmm..
    Try out variations, if you saw a setup you enjoyed skating try adding to it.
    Here's a variation I made of Ghetto Spot's Pole Jam.

Put two-and-two..
    I've seen a lot of people digging the fliptrick to under rail lately.
    But how many of them have ducked under a doorway to grind,
    or even grind up to 180 under?

Don't be afraid to throw random stuff together and skate it.. it can be the most fun.

Sink everything into the ground..
    Sounds simple but I've sunken things I've never seen in any park before..
    take this mega-terrain for example, sunken in half pipe corner makes a badass ledge
    with a curved filler rail in the middle.

You can do more than you think.. check out this sick light rail.

XBL
    emericaridr11

awesome man, now that I have a Cap Card Ill make some great things to share......