Thread: The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    - Multi-leveling. Go up, down, left right. A flat platform gets repetitive. Think about parts of your neighborhood or other familiar surroundings;.
    Thats excactly what im doing. Actually im in switzerland now and i was walking around this beautiful village in middle of alps and got much awsome ideas for CAP. Cant wait to get back finland to do middle european village with sweet wooden houses, small sidewalkmgoin down with little river next to it. Bushes and foliage everywhere and huge number of small sidepaths with stairs and wooden rails and curbs. Damn i love CAP...

I have also couple tips.
    - Use colours to create different feelings to your park. Try to mix different colours for perfect combination. But for example one too bright and wrong colourred objects like rails can fail your total look.

- Doing park with theme is best way to get good looking overall. For example i just said that middle european village theme. I have hige number of different themes... Cina, japan, barcelona style plaza (under progress), abandoned factory, hospital yard and lots of others... I can do list from them soon because writing is pretty slow with iPad...

I will also keep that thread alive !

XBL
    TheDietTea

How I get the most out of Create-A-Park..hmm..
    Try out variations, if you saw a setup you enjoyed skating try adding to it.
    Here's a variation I made of Ghetto Spot's Pole Jam.

Put two-and-two..
    I've seen a lot of people digging the fliptrick to under rail lately.
    But how many of them have ducked under a doorway to grind,
    or even grind up to 180 under?

Don't be afraid to throw random stuff together and skate it.. it can be the most fun.

Sink everything into the ground..
    Sounds simple but I've sunken things I've never seen in any park before..
    take this mega-terrain for example, sunken in half pipe corner makes a badass ledge
    with a curved filler rail in the middle.

You can do more than you think.. check out this sick light rail.

XBL
    emericaridr11

awesome man, now that I have a Cap Card Ill make some great things to share......

Blazing a Trail

Nice! Glad everyone jumped right on in to share some ideas.

Antwan, Love the idea of just throwing single areas together to skate. I think I might do a whole park as a sort of inventory of ledges, stairs, walls, and rail ideas.

Brick, your right, doing a park with a theme is a lot easier and seems to go together better, I TRY to have a theme w/ every park. Color is also key to the parks overall look. I see some parks that are all gray and the skatable stuff washed out in red/green/blue etc. To me it makes it look like its just tossed together (which is fine of course, just not me).

Knex, also great advice.. Soon as a finish a small area I skate it myself and once there's enough areas connected I start inviting people to test it out. As pathetic as it sounds I'll actually watch everyone skate and see where they go and what they stick to.

Ok, gotta go make sales calls

Fluckin' Hatchling

Very instructive
    Thanks for sharing !!

when i make a park, i usually forget to save and end up joining someones online sesh...

yeah that's not what you're sposed to do. so i don't suggest it.

also watch out for power cuts..

here is my tip
    don't skate anyone elses park
    I have only maybe skated 2 or 3 other parks than my own
    makes mine seem like nobody elses
    OK maybe bad advice
    I cant get away from downward slanted parks
    I don't think my parks are like anyone elses, although I would have no idea
    watch your meter, worst enemy
    use half pads or smaller stuff when possible, if you have 75% of a big piece not showing try and find other ways to make it to save space
    don't overload the trees, trees specially big trees suck space like a bitch
    be creative, blah always equals blah
    I have been using premade corner, ramps, etc etc for my floor. the color change at the lip sucks visually but the generic flat floor is drab.
    hide gaps to nothingness, was my main gripe with my last park, it limits filming if you have a 100 foot drop between 2 objects
    don't overlap pads, i really hate this because it limits things, but I really hate when a overlapped pad or object changes and flickers ingame
    cater your park to your skating, if you cant enjoy it whats the point
    use different stuff, you can create just about anything you would want if you put your mind to it
    use snap, probably my biggest gripe is that you should be able to turn this on and off easier, if you don't use it it is taking valuable merges. If you have 2 objects snapped they are not merged, if they aren't snapped then it limits you to whatever you want to sink it into or something into it
    fine tune rotate is your friend. some objects give you fits merging even though they don't seem like they should. just move around in minute increments, pay attention to when it flashes blue. If you aren't happy with it slightly rotate it to see if you can get better placement. This is extremely useful with transition pieces, a slight rotation can give you a extra foot or 2 in the ground.
    nothing better than skating your park before completion, some things seem way cooler than they actual are. I always fine tune pieces every time I play in my park, that's why I hate when I skate someone elses park and it wont let me tweak.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller