Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

how could you go and tell us something like that just to leave us hangin.

tell us o wise one

its at the cost of any gameshared dlc - if (like me) you lost your friends password.. your screwed. this method makes you have no limits, pretty much. BUT your gonna have to make sure that:
    a) you have used no DLC pieces
    b) your not merging DLC pieces
    so i would mess with it and plan out what your gonna do, its a lot easier and works a lot more ways but theres this big cost right. <--

unfortunately i have no clue how to do this for xbox as im a rich snob.. jk

ps3 menu --> GAME DATA utility --> Skate 3 DLC (Triangle) --> Delete --> play game --> DONT INSTALL UPDATE.. install game data --> make park --> put prop on a pad at desired angle --> make another pad and simply drag it down into the prop from above the prop, i think it has to be bigger than the prop im not sure

well worth the 5 mins if you ask me, make sure you know what you want to make and build your parks around it. sorry xbox people.

XBL
    mrmaster11

For a tip i say that u should always try to put flow into your parks (where u can go from one piece to the next without a getting off the board or slowing down or around the whole park

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

damn Briden, that's an amazing find! the CAP can now be that much more creative by merging droppables with the ground. too sick!

Yes You Can!

Quote Originally Posted by meAd4m76 View Post
    its at the cost of any gameshared dlc - if (like me) you lost your friends password.. your screwed. this method makes you have no limits, pretty much. BUT your gonna have to make sure that:
    a) you have used no DLC pieces
    b) your not merging DLC pieces
    so i would mess with it and plan out what your gonna do, its a lot easier and works a lot more ways but theres this big cost right. <--

unfortunately i have no clue how to do this for xbox as im a rich snob.. jk

ps3 menu --> GAME DATA utility --> Skate 3 DLC (Triangle) --> Delete --> play game --> DONT INSTALL UPDATE.. install game data --> make park --> put prop on a pad at desired angle --> make another pad and simply drag it down into the prop from above the prop, i think it has to be bigger than the prop im not sure

well worth the 5 mins if you ask me, make sure you know what you want to make and build your parks around it. sorry xbox people.
    That sounds awesome but complicated; I haven't made backups of anything on my PS3 and don't want to go deleting things and potentially losing my boring-ass half made skate parks. That's a lot easier than "make pad, put blocking bodies in, make new pad, make pad above, turn everything upside down, wonder where the hell your shopping cart disappeared to" though.

no. you wont lose anything andits not complicatedat all, just delete game data called 'DLC', nothing needs to be backed up, your save data is not affected at all! your character will be reset if you have dlc on him, thats it.

Been waiting to post about this until I got the video made, but I made a working ladder. I posted pictures in my park thread a bit ago, but I'll post here incase people haven't seen it.

Footage @ 1:50

2 catwalk supports with 8 dlc bent poles, about thigh-height between each of them. The whole thing is tilted @ about a 85* angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

ive seen a few ladders, but they were at pretty good angles in all fairness, yours is best i think

my tips:
    yeah none of you bitches have seen a tidy park from me in centuries, lets just say im a whole lot better now, but heres the rules i stick to

1. drink monster, monster help y'all minds wonder like lonely sheep in a desert wasteland. this will actually help you to find real life insprirations because your brain will go into overdrive so with all the thoughts your getting some of them have gotta be about skating right, you see a spot and youll know it like shit if your drunk/high/hyper! only problem is you might forget, thats what iphone notes are for! (also stops you wanting to give up on your parks when your more active) *phew* that was a long one

2. keep blueprints/drawings of your real-life/adapted/stolen (stealing from other creators is good, anyone will agree) spots so that you know exactly what your doing

3. if you fail at merging pieces and get the red border for no reason, use the above downgrade method to make it the way you want (considering DLC of course)

4. STUFF THE TURKEY (sick bastards!) literally cram all of your creative juice into each and every spot and dont leave blanks like ive done in the past, think what could be leaning against your wall, taking up some space&adding in some detail, and what could be in the distance, coz even backgrounds help with park making - e.g. i tend to use scaffolding, unique planters, random scenery (waterfalls n' shit) and suitable props

5. (MOST IMPORTANT) consider your chosen colours and behold your creation

for a full-sized park using my spot inspiration method ^ you need about 5 good realistic spots, and a hella lotta scenery to make-your-break-through, rather than making everything 100% skateable, because reality is much better than fantasy, i've learned that from the best.

Fluckin' Hatchling

seeing so may cool ideas and a lot of great tips in this thread!

Yes You Can!

Here is something we've all been struggling with: disappearing props when online. Me and Old-skooler was talking about this the other day and we have a theory about what props stay and what gets taken out when you take the park online.

Both Buddah and Old-skooler mentioned that props that are placed outside the park and on the actual CAP lot floor usually stays when you go online. That lead us to believe it had to do with elevation in the park.

The props seem to load from the bottom up. When you go online, the ones at the top load last and don't show up. We are not 100% this works but you should all test it as it seems like the closest thing to a solution we've seen so far.

• Place all the important props in your park first
    • Fill up the prop meter (to get the correct replay editor timeline) with props you don't need at a higher altitude in your park such as a rooftop
    • Check it online

Let us know how this works out for you!
    Member/Founder of CAP Faction

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    • Place all the important props in your park first
    • Fill up the prop meter (to get the correct replay editor timeline) with props you don't need at a higher altitude in your park such as a rooftop
    • Check it online
    This is brillant, I hope this explains it. I usually dump all the props on the CAP floor to fill up the meter to get a decent timeline, but I'll have to put them on a rooftop from now on haha I'll have to test this "theory" out

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Briden, I need your help lol I've been trying to use that tutorial in the first page with merging dropables, and I can't seem to work it out. Is it still working, or has it been patched(?) lol I'm trying to finish a CAP right now, but I wanna use that merging droppables thing into my park but I've been trying that shit for an hour now and can't figure it out lol

Edit: Nevermind, I was doing something wrong lol I didn't know we had to go into the PAD and grab the droppable object as well... haha I saw that in Antwan's post... thanks to both of you! haha

Re-edit: I finally got it to merge, but I can never get it out other than like 1 inch off the ground. Everytime I get approx the same height lol I don't get it...
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 10-25-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    Briden, I need your help lol I've been trying to use that tutorial in the first page with merging dropables, and I can't seem to work it out. Is it still working, or has it been patched(?) lol I'm trying to finish a CAP right now, but I wanna use that merging droppables thing into my park but I've been trying that shit for an hour now and can't figure it out lol

Edit: Nevermind, I was doing something wrong lol I didn't know we had to go into the PAD and grab the droppable object as well... haha I saw that in Antwan's post... thanks to both of you! haha

Re-edit: I finally got it to merge, but I can never get it out other than like 1 inch off the ground. Everytime I get approx the same height lol I don't get it...
    PM'ed
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

PSN
    JayTheHelmetGuy

tilt and merge people, tilt all kind of different objects and try merging them into the wall/other objects, I've been able to make some sick stuff

Amateur Flucker

Quote Originally Posted by unplannedman View Post
    tilt and merge people, tilt all kind of different objects and try merging them into the wall/other objects, I've been able to make some sick stuff
    could you explain a bit more? pictures? videos???

good job! thanx for the info

Fluckit Master

Thought id post this I just found it out. When a object is red u can change color/style just move cursor over on to it and push select. Don't click on it and it will work
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Be on the lookout for cool spots, even if you cant skate them. Take a pic or sketch it. I see so much cool stuf in the car... then when i get home i forget about it

anyone else think this needs a stickie?
    Last edited by MrSnomtn; 01-28-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnomtn View Post
    Be on the lookout for cool spots, even if you cant skate them. Take a pic or sketch it. I see so much cool stuf in the car... then when i get home i forget about it
    I agree with this, as a matter of fact the park I'm working on now is inspired by something I seen in real life. It now looks nothing like what I saw but it kicked off the park which lead to other ideas.

Another idea I've been playing with is grabbing my older parks and re-doing them with new idea's I may have.

Question

Anybody got any recommendations for the edges of parks and overall ambiance?

also, this thread needs a stickie

Blazing a Trail

Anybody got any recommendations for the edges of parks and overall ambiance?

also, this thread needs a stickie
    Overall ambiance be sure to use foliage, particularly the fall trees and concentrate on the shadowing they give off (twist and rotate them to shadow certain parts of the park). The edges of the park I used to just load with trees, Now I make sure it's either a nice wall, building, or gate lining the outer edges.

Quote Originally Posted by old-skooler-34 View Post
    Overall ambiance be sure to use foliage, particularly the fall trees and concentrate on the shadowing they give off (twist and rotate them to shadow certain parts of the park). The edges of the park I used to just load with trees, Now I make sure it's either a nice wall, building, or gate lining the outer edges.
    thanks, the park i just finished was actually indoors, and i put in a roof with a couple missing pieces so it would cast shadows down onto some of the spots, but i ran out of room and had to make a new ceiling

Blazing a Trail

thanks, the park i just finished was actually indoors, and i put in a roof with a couple missing pieces so it would cast shadows down onto some of the spots, but i ran out of room and had to make a new ceiling
    I constantly run out of room. I realized there's ALWAYS something I can delete to finish a park off how I want. I'll back track and scan around the park looking for objects that got hidden or completely covered by something else and delete them. Like, no need for a full pad under a ramp or building or if only 1/8 of a full pad is showing I'll delete it and move things around to cover the hole.

A roof in an indoor park is important IMO, guys with low camera's and in vids will constantly have them in view. What I'll do there is close your eyes and picture indoor parks or warehouses you've seen in real life. Try to recreate the way they look with the pieces you got in game, same for walls. Hell, I've even had my I-pad on my lap with google searches to get ideas but that's only because I take shit to seriously haha!

I constantly run out of room. I realized there's ALWAYS something I can delete to finish a park off how I want. I'll back track and scan around the park looking for objects that got hidden or completely covered by something else and delete them. Like, no need for a full pad under a ramp or building or if only 1/8 of a full pad is showing I'll delete it and move things around to cover the hole.

A roof in an indoor park is important IMO, guys with low camera's and in vids will constantly have them in view. What I'll do there is close your eyes and picture indoor parks or warehouses you've seen in real life. Try to recreate the way they look with the pieces you got in game, same for walls. Hell, I've even had my I-pad on my lap with google searches to get ideas but that's only because I take shit to seriously haha!
    I ended up just taking the d way pool, flipped it upside down and used that. Still out of room, but at leas i have a roof.

Blazing a Trail

I ended up just taking the d way pool, flipped it upside down and used that. Still out of room, but at leas i have a roof.
    If I'm correct the with DW pool there's two of them, the brick ones? They take up a shit ton of space and one of t hem takes up less space then the other (the kidney one).

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

If I'm correct the with DW pool there's two of them, the brick ones? They take up a shit ton of space and one of t hem takes up less space then the other (the kidney one).
    I'm pretty sure those come with the skate.Create upgrade pack. I think the one he's referring to is the bluish circular one with that small opening :P

Quote Originally Posted by terminallyCapricious View Post
    I'm pretty sure those come with the skate.Create upgrade pack. I think the one he's referring to is the bluish circular one with that small opening :P
    yup. thats the one

another "tip"

post everything you got, even if it sucks, it gives us more to skate

Fluckit Master

another "tip"

post everything you got, even if it sucks, it gives us more to skate
    I completely disagree with this, why would you upload and take up a space for something you don't even like. There are so many park builders and parks that you will always have something to skate imo

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by Ladd279 View Post
    I completely disagree with this, why would you upload and take up a space for something you don't even like. There are so many park builders and parks that you will always have something to skate imo
    this. Just search around in the park thread, there are TONS of amazing parks for both ps3 and xbox that'll keep you busy for a long time.

yea. ea let me download 2 parks yesterday (omg). Now its broken again for me. I'v been skating some old caps. ( ghetto plaza by rzrfvr, and southbank by maacer42) guess i wish i just had more to skate

Blazing a Trail

What I've always done is if you see a park you like take down the name of the person and DL all their parks. (just search their name in the parks section). I also do random downloads skimming the parks section in game hunting for that one guy no one knows yet but builds sick sh**.

Ladd's got a good point, right now I can only upload 2 more parks so every time I go to upload I have to decide which older one to delete.

Fluckit Master

I also do random downloads skimming the parks section in game hunting for that one guy no one knows yet but builds sick sh**.
    I do the same thing, never know what you can get actually been inspired by a random dl'd park, also before I joined the community I actually dl'd a old buddah blessed park (new at that time). An that got me into building.

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Ladd279 View Post
    I do the same thing, never know what you can get actually been inspired by a random dl'd park, also before I joined the community I actually dl'd a old buddah blessed park (new at that time). An that got me into building.
    Forgot to mention that too. DL'ing random parks even if they turn out to be crumby there's usual SOMETHING that can be found in them for inspiration. I also found Buddah searching random parks.

Forgot to mention that too. DL'ing random parks even if they turn out to be crumby there's usual SOMETHING that can be found in them for inspiration. I also found Buddah searching random parks.
    I remember finding one of your parks randomly. I think it was called l train or something.

Blazing a Trail

Although I don't always follow this rule be sure your parks have flow! They can look good as hell but without flow and lines skating the park gets old fast. I TRY to make sure you can at least cruise around 70% of the park without having to get off your board, even if just in one direction.

Fluckin' Hatchling

anyone got advice for making a tranny park, videos or anything? i want the tranny to be unique and have weird obstacles

Look Mom! Over 8,000 Chat Posts! blitzkow's Avatar
    XBL
    blitzkow

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Alright, I figured out my own way, can't get it EXACTLY like the original video, but my way works just as well. Here goes, tutorial with Pictures.

The featured droppable object is the Ramp. I have replicated the glitch with other droppables, the key factor is that they must be able to fit INSIDE of a ground pad, any size (including mega, so big stuff will work too).

First things first, make sure Collision is turned OFF. You need to start with your desired droppable object sitting on a ground piece (Let's call this PAD1). You should take time right now to orient the piece and the droppable to how you want the droppable to end up (in this case, two flatbars). This can be done later, but it saves time and effort to figure it out ahead of time.

You now need to create a new pad that will be larger than the droppable object (full size ground pad works for the Ramp, let's call this PAD2). Place the pad so that it completely envelopes the droppable, and PAD1 should be sticking out a little bit from any side, so that it can be easily selected for moving later on. The droppable is now inside of PAD2.

Create a new ground piece big enough to support the droppable, and able to keep the same orientation if you were to flip your object over (this will be PAD3). Place it where you feel the top of the droppable will stick out in the finished piece. This may end up being a game of guess-and-check, since I have experienced a few earthquake moments in this step.

Flip over Pads 1,2,3, and the droppable all at once. The droppable should fall a little ways out of Pad 2 and land on Pad 3.

Now, you will move Pad 1 down towards the droppable, far enough so that when flipped back to the original position, the droppable will once again rest on Pad 1 and stick out as much as you desire. Flip over Pad 1, Pad 2, and the droppable to see where it ends up. Again, this can be a guess-and-check process. Pad 3 is of no use anymore.

Now drop it into your favorite CAP or start from scratch.

Hey Briden i found an easier way to do this ,xbox only, if you uninstall the update you can merge props with pads

Always Here
    1. blitzkow (6211)
    2. InsideManager (6063)
    3. exoskate89 (2603)
    4. Hobbs (1514)

This is true but you have to merge the pad with the prop not the other way around which means you would have to put the props in before you properly start work on the park.
    Videos
    Parks
    (Alliance founder. Pandora team member)
    "I can speak and spell Spanish"