Thread: The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

no. you wont lose anything andits not complicatedat all, just delete game data called 'DLC', nothing needs to be backed up, your save data is not affected at all! your character will be reset if you have dlc on him, thats it.

Been waiting to post about this until I got the video made, but I made a working ladder. I posted pictures in my park thread a bit ago, but I'll post here incase people haven't seen it.

Footage @ 1:50

2 catwalk supports with 8 dlc bent poles, about thigh-height between each of them. The whole thing is tilted @ about a 85* angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

ive seen a few ladders, but they were at pretty good angles in all fairness, yours is best i think

my tips:
    yeah none of you bitches have seen a tidy park from me in centuries, lets just say im a whole lot better now, but heres the rules i stick to

1. drink monster, monster help y'all minds wonder like lonely sheep in a desert wasteland. this will actually help you to find real life insprirations because your brain will go into overdrive so with all the thoughts your getting some of them have gotta be about skating right, you see a spot and youll know it like shit if your drunk/high/hyper! only problem is you might forget, thats what iphone notes are for! (also stops you wanting to give up on your parks when your more active) *phew* that was a long one

2. keep blueprints/drawings of your real-life/adapted/stolen (stealing from other creators is good, anyone will agree) spots so that you know exactly what your doing

3. if you fail at merging pieces and get the red border for no reason, use the above downgrade method to make it the way you want (considering DLC of course)

4. STUFF THE TURKEY (sick bastards!) literally cram all of your creative juice into each and every spot and dont leave blanks like ive done in the past, think what could be leaning against your wall, taking up some space&adding in some detail, and what could be in the distance, coz even backgrounds help with park making - e.g. i tend to use scaffolding, unique planters, random scenery (waterfalls n' shit) and suitable props

5. (MOST IMPORTANT) consider your chosen colours and behold your creation

for a full-sized park using my spot inspiration method ^ you need about 5 good realistic spots, and a hella lotta scenery to make-your-break-through, rather than making everything 100% skateable, because reality is much better than fantasy, i've learned that from the best.

Fluckin' Hatchling

seeing so may cool ideas and a lot of great tips in this thread!

Yes You Can!

Here is something we've all been struggling with: disappearing props when online. Me and Old-skooler was talking about this the other day and we have a theory about what props stay and what gets taken out when you take the park online.

Both Buddah and Old-skooler mentioned that props that are placed outside the park and on the actual CAP lot floor usually stays when you go online. That lead us to believe it had to do with elevation in the park.

The props seem to load from the bottom up. When you go online, the ones at the top load last and don't show up. We are not 100% this works but you should all test it as it seems like the closest thing to a solution we've seen so far.

• Place all the important props in your park first
    • Fill up the prop meter (to get the correct replay editor timeline) with props you don't need at a higher altitude in your park such as a rooftop
    • Check it online

Let us know how this works out for you!
    Member/Founder of CAP Faction

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    • Place all the important props in your park first
    • Fill up the prop meter (to get the correct replay editor timeline) with props you don't need at a higher altitude in your park such as a rooftop
    • Check it online
    This is brillant, I hope this explains it. I usually dump all the props on the CAP floor to fill up the meter to get a decent timeline, but I'll have to put them on a rooftop from now on haha I'll have to test this "theory" out