Thread: The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnomtn View Post
    Be on the lookout for cool spots, even if you cant skate them. Take a pic or sketch it. I see so much cool stuf in the car... then when i get home i forget about it
    I agree with this, as a matter of fact the park I'm working on now is inspired by something I seen in real life. It now looks nothing like what I saw but it kicked off the park which lead to other ideas.

Another idea I've been playing with is grabbing my older parks and re-doing them with new idea's I may have.

Question

Anybody got any recommendations for the edges of parks and overall ambiance?

also, this thread needs a stickie

Blazing a Trail

Anybody got any recommendations for the edges of parks and overall ambiance?

also, this thread needs a stickie
    Overall ambiance be sure to use foliage, particularly the fall trees and concentrate on the shadowing they give off (twist and rotate them to shadow certain parts of the park). The edges of the park I used to just load with trees, Now I make sure it's either a nice wall, building, or gate lining the outer edges.

Quote Originally Posted by old-skooler-34 View Post
    Overall ambiance be sure to use foliage, particularly the fall trees and concentrate on the shadowing they give off (twist and rotate them to shadow certain parts of the park). The edges of the park I used to just load with trees, Now I make sure it's either a nice wall, building, or gate lining the outer edges.
    thanks, the park i just finished was actually indoors, and i put in a roof with a couple missing pieces so it would cast shadows down onto some of the spots, but i ran out of room and had to make a new ceiling

Blazing a Trail

thanks, the park i just finished was actually indoors, and i put in a roof with a couple missing pieces so it would cast shadows down onto some of the spots, but i ran out of room and had to make a new ceiling
    I constantly run out of room. I realized there's ALWAYS something I can delete to finish a park off how I want. I'll back track and scan around the park looking for objects that got hidden or completely covered by something else and delete them. Like, no need for a full pad under a ramp or building or if only 1/8 of a full pad is showing I'll delete it and move things around to cover the hole.

A roof in an indoor park is important IMO, guys with low camera's and in vids will constantly have them in view. What I'll do there is close your eyes and picture indoor parks or warehouses you've seen in real life. Try to recreate the way they look with the pieces you got in game, same for walls. Hell, I've even had my I-pad on my lap with google searches to get ideas but that's only because I take shit to seriously haha!

Quote Originally Posted by old-skooler-34 View Post
    I constantly run out of room. I realized there's ALWAYS something I can delete to finish a park off how I want. I'll back track and scan around the park looking for objects that got hidden or completely covered by something else and delete them. Like, no need for a full pad under a ramp or building or if only 1/8 of a full pad is showing I'll delete it and move things around to cover the hole.

A roof in an indoor park is important IMO, guys with low camera's and in vids will constantly have them in view. What I'll do there is close your eyes and picture indoor parks or warehouses you've seen in real life. Try to recreate the way they look with the pieces you got in game, same for walls. Hell, I've even had my I-pad on my lap with google searches to get ideas but that's only because I take shit to seriously haha!
    I ended up just taking the d way pool, flipped it upside down and used that. Still out of room, but at leas i have a roof.

Blazing a Trail

I ended up just taking the d way pool, flipped it upside down and used that. Still out of room, but at leas i have a roof.
    If I'm correct the with DW pool there's two of them, the brick ones? They take up a shit ton of space and one of t hem takes up less space then the other (the kidney one).