Thread: ungrindable plaza please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll just leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Blazing a Trail

lol i know its completely useless to say it. Its weird... am i the only one who find ungrindables bad ?
    I dont feel the excitement. Maybe its all about "grinding" something that has not been "grinded" or made to be "grinded" yet but i hope its not only that virginity metaphor because it would be bullshit. UGs seem more random to me, getting a good looking clip is more about randomness than practice. Most of the time grinding speed is weird.

PS : i know im kinda trolling about virginity and the whole post... but maybe im not.
    PPS: i can understand the challenge when it comes to PC (its like finding a secret spot). But in a CAP, i m confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    lol i know its completely useless to say it. Its weird... am i the only one who find ungrindables bad ?
    I dont feel the excitement. Maybe its all about "grinding" something that has not been "grinded" or made to be "grinded" yet but i hope its not only that virginity metaphor because it would be bullshit. UGs seem more random to me, getting a good looking clip is more about randomness than practice. Most of the time grinding speed is weird.

PS : i know im kinda trolling about virginity and the whole post... but maybe im not.
    PPS: i can understand the challenge when it comes to PC (its like finding a secret spot). But in a CAP, i m confused.
    I love virgins

oh and I like ungrindables too. they are hard but super rewarding when you finally land something that looks good
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

It's understandable that you see it that way slamooh, I didn't care much for ungrindables when I first saw pawn do them in og and didn't even attempt any until the end of skate 2, I can't really describe why it is exciting to do them.

They just feel more rewarding to land, like the feeling you get when you first played the og demo and landed your first crook, it almost feels like that every time you land something ungrindable. Some times they do look clunky and random, but that just happens sometimes since they are ungrindables after all, getting them to look clean is another reason why they are 'exciting.'

Not one trick i've set up on one has been just a random toss though, if I aimed to do crook or a hurricane on something, i'm practicing it until I get it, sometimes the only result is one that looks ugly and I keep it for the sake of landing it because of how hard it was even though it looked 'poopie.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Ungrindables are definitely different, I couldn't blame anybody for not digging them. I like them because they react differently than anything else. I don't like having something that I have seen in another video. I would rather have a bad looking clip than something that has been done before. I like the fact that you still have the possibility to hippy jump or revert on them. I like how you don't have the same animation you do with getting stuck on a grind. They aren't totally random though, when you mess around with them enough you realize the subtleties that a slight manny makes, or a 1.3 push apposed to a 1.5 push. That's why I spend a hour to do a rock-n-roll when it is probably the easiest trick to do in real life, but nobody does them in game and I think they can look stylish, reverting out of a rock-n-roll is impossible on something with a spline.

I really REALLY miss popless tricks for the same reason, I think it is a whole level of style/difficulty that is missed

:27-:34 is a perfect example of why I love them
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

i like ungrindables for the same reasons i love popless or any other glitch. It gives me more control to do lower/simpler things my own way and have it still be a challenge in game. But yeah, NotedDerk and SG pretty much summed up my thought on ungrindables, glad they're making a comeback haha

99% of what's possible with ungrindables is ugly as shit, but that 1% is oh so worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

looks like i picked the right time to come back..!

can't wait to unskate briden's park! For me, ungrindables offer a bit more freedom from the game mechanics. it might seem like its random but like SG said - once you've spent a lot ( a lot !) of time tweaking the movement, manny, weight, angle you start to have more control over your skaters body and movements through the grind.... so when you get what you're going for it's really rewarding.

they look different...
    if its a diff form of animation then im all over it...

when i get my ungbl handrail i am going to murder it with every trick i can think of...
    including the "dreaded 4"...

hurry..
    blunts...
    boards..
    270s in...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I'll just leave this here.
    Yu Gib Parhk Nao!
    I mean.. you know.. when it's done.. and you're cool... with letting us... you know.. skate it.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

He already made the park and you pushed it down be replying to this thread. I'll bump it real quick.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    He already made the park and you pushed it down be replying to this thread. I'll bump it real quick.
    I'm going blind in my old age. Danka.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

XBL
    emericaridr11

ok here is one eh...... may not be your guys' style, but peep it, its got some goods in it..... I swear

http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=6788
    all you need to know there

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?platform...itemId=1134626

Ps3, not all ungrindable, not finished but close
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

most succesful request thread ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close