Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
Man you love taking shit out of context; have you heard Gesmer talk about skating, or even seen his skate parts? Or rather, "choreography" as he calls it. HE looks at it as a dance, not me. His mindset is that of a dancer, not a skateboarder. So no he isn't skateboarding; he is dancing with a skateboard. I could go on about other stuff he says and his views, but it basically comes down to this: if you walk down the street with your board in your hand, then you're walking, not skating.

And I already stood up for freestyle, which is arguably the least popular form of skating right now, so your last point makes literally no sense.
how does it make no sense? You said longboarding wasn't skateboarding you said dancing on a skateboard wasn't skateboarding, just wanted to see where you'd draw the line.

But yeah i've seen his stuff, like this one :

You do realize choreographed dance routines were huge in freestyle in the 70's just one of the poplular phases in skateboarding, it wasn't until guys like Mullen who started really pushing trick wise that the dance routines faded from the mainstream. Then mullens form of freestyle faded out and shaped how street skating is today. How is one trend, or one step in skateboarding's evolution less "skateboarding" than another?