Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rap of the Week?

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by bengrover View Post
    Can't put my finger on who it reminds me of. .

I think its a little bit of Eazy E.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by bengrover View Post
    I think its a little bit of Eazy E.
    I don't hear Easy E in his voice at all. Reminds me more of Slimkid3 from Pharcyde.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

XBL
    TheDietTea

not a huge fan of rick but..
    there ya go.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

"I'ma get in the truck............ fuck you."

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

XBL
    TheDietTea

Haha you like that dude.. just messin around.

Hahahahahahaha

It sounded like you were trying to almost match your lines like Rick Ross....
    You gotta change it up...Love him or hate but thats why Biggie and Em are so good..You think you know how there gunna flow but they completly switch it on you...You know what i mean???

I want to see what Saunders puts up hahaha
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    i'm perfecting sloppiness!

Yo guys gonna definitely hit up the hustlin track, been sick with bronchitis the last day or two so Im taking it easy on my voice. hopefully you guys don't think Im dodging lol

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

"1,2,3,4,5,6, Pick up sticks. Bitch."

Antwan no offence intended but is the hustlin' track for real? Or shits n giggles?

Blazing a Trail

Ohmid just introduced this thread to me so have sat here for an hour pouring over them all,
    I'm no biggie but I live for rap and hip hope and have been writing for more years than my simple ass can count.
    My 2 cents, please don't take any personally, it is merely opinion:

Antwan, you're straight up bad bro. The lyrics are nonsensical, your flow changes on the same line, your voice doesn't fit, I'm sorry but just no.

ISomali, I think you take prize for most underrated, yeah the intro was a piss take ha ha but you've got fluidity, a good voice, smooth style, it worked man, genuinely looking forward to hearing more.

DonVigo, yes yes, lovely stuff, very positive, flowed well in most places, there's a couple bits where you rush through the end of a sentence, its sounds like you've out a word extra in on some lines? Maybe try to reword it with a word less? N lyrically it needs a little work, I'd like to hear a story, or continuality through your track, but again, is like to hear more of your stuff, good shit.

Saunders, your voice is awesome, it does look and sound a bit weird so I can see where the lipsync comment came from but I like what you do, again, just work on having something to say people will want to hear, or that will open their eyes to things from your point of view.

Thadeuce, watch your mouth about the English, why you always trying to stir trouble? Also you write like an angry 14 year old who just heard nwa for the first time.

Keep up the good work guys, superb idea Antwan.

Peace

I wish my voice wasn't so fucking stupid...I feel like I could spit some nice shit....
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

XBL
    TheDietTea

My voice doesn't fit haha
    What does that even mean?
    I'm doing another one soon..
    stuff like that makes me disable comments on youtube though
    don't really care for opinions on something I use to express myself..
    my voice is high..
    damn fucking straight fucker
    I'm excited unlike half of the "average" doped out "mellow" rappers
    seriously? Not trying to start anything here but I think that's hilarious
    half of these MCs today use shit to modify their voices
    their shit aint on point either..
    You wanna give me advice give me advice on what beats to use.

edit: not a personal attack either..
    goes for anyone here..
    beats appreciated..
    not that I'm not open to other's opinions I just don't care for the negativity within it.
    There is a positive advice type of feedback believe it or not.
    Last edited by Antwan; 07-17-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

If you're going with the Beets, I suggest "Killer Tofu."

My real advice to you, Antwan, is quit freestylin' and write some stuff down. Once you have it written, practice it until you've got a flow going. Once you have the flow, record it, and be a dick to yourself about any and all issues you hear in the recording, and re-record.

I know I stumbled on my shit here and there in these tracks I've done here, but none of them are a finished product. At best, you've heard my scratch tracks which I'm still working on but are either solid enough to share, or I just did for shits and giggles in the first place.

BTW, you ever check out my "Facebook band page?"

You were one of the dudes I wanted to get some feedback from.

Roll with the positives, man. You've shown steady improvement, and you know a few cats who know a few things. I'm still trying to figure out the gap between Saunders and myself. Kids got a craaaazy style that I don't, and while I'm not going to be going the same way he is, I know there's something there I can learn. So far, it's that a lot of people bite more on the vocal than the lyrics, but he's got some stagger to his progresisons that are pretty interesting.

Don't lose yourself, but add on what you're getting from other pepole. As much as it stings, those little bites will teach you a lot when someone comes at you with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by Duce NLS View Post
    DonVigo, yes yes, lovely stuff, very positive, flowed well in most places, there's a couple bits where you rush through the end of a sentence, its sounds like you've out a word extra in on some lines? Maybe try to reword it with a word less? N lyrically it needs a little work, I'd like to hear a story, or continuality through your track, but again, is like to hear more of your stuff, good shit.
    Thanks, Deuce. Like I said, none of this would go out as a finished product, so I don't fix those little stumbles if they don't crash my flow, but I'm working on that more than most things I need to address. I'm striving to be one of those really cohesive MC's, so I'll take that comment about the the overall progression to heart. Appreciate the good feedback!

Also More of my ish
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    My voice doesn't fit haha
    What does that even mean?
    I'm doing another one soon..
    stuff like that makes me disable comments on youtube though
    don't really care for opinions on something I use to express myself..
    my voice is high..
    damn fucking straight fucker
    I'm excited unlike half of the "average" doped out "mellow" rappers
    seriously? Not trying to start anything here but I think that's hilarious
    half of these MCs today use shit to modify their voices
    their shit aint on point either..
    You wanna give me advice give me advice on what beats to use.

edit: not a personal attack either..
    goes for anyone here..
    beats appreciated..
    not that I'm not open to other's opinions I just don't care for the negativity within it.
    There is a positive advice type of feedback believe it or not.
    Ok, I did say it was nothing personal, I'm not going to sit here and lie to you, sorry, yes I can see you've made improvements but it genuinely reminded me of the skit on Ludacris' word of mouf album about white people rapping. If you listen to your lyrics they make literally no sense. That's not my fault is it? You're offbeat throughout almost every track... You either can rap, or you can't, that's a fact, its nothing against you dude, I can't paint for shit, thus, you won't see me posting pictures of my retarded stick horses and asking for feedback, I certainly wouldn't get pissy if people then told me I'm shit.

If it was about expressing yourself surely you'd be... Saying something?

"Makes you disable comments on YouTube" - really dude, this speaks for itself. If you can't take criticism you are stepping into the wrong ball park.

N don't make excuses about people synthing theory voices, I know enough rappers who blow minds, not a single bit of tweaking and a lot is freestyle, outside of the charts that don't happen too much...

DonV as I said I loved your style, really upbeat, ill go listen to some of that no doubt.

You on ps3?

Props to all you guys for putting it out there and sorry if it feels like a personal attack Antwan, it isn't meant to be.

Peace

XBL
    TheDietTea

I get you..
    But it's back to your opinion
    I am saying something
    just because someone doesn't think it's anything
    doesn't mean I'm not expressing
    or trying to relieve stress
    or just passing time..
    this isn't serious to me
    Progression doesn't mean shit.
    If someone likes it, cool..
    gaining anything that might make me seem "better" is coincidental.
    If you call me out, I will take it as that..
    You say I'm "bad", but never say "try this" or "this is off"
    it's an insult, an attack.. meant or not
    I'm being real.. if you can't see where that is an attack and not advice, I don't know..
    but that's just making a point..
    it really doesn't matter.

Blazing a Trail

I get you..
    But it's back to your opinion
    I am saying something
    just because someone doesn't think it's anything
    doesn't mean I'm not expressing
    or trying to relieve stress
    or just passing time..
    this isn't serious to me
    Progression doesn't mean shit.
    If someone likes it, cool..
    gaining anything that might make me seem "better" is coincidental.
    If you call me out, I will take it as that..
    You say I'm "bad", but never say "try this" or "this is off"
    it's an insult, an attack.. meant or not
    I'm being real.. if you can't see where that is an attack and not advice, I don't know..
    but that's just making a point..
    it really doesn't matter.
    I'm not trying to start something, but as I said, not everyone can rap, and, you can't. Cleavers for feet? Literal like the pentagon? I could go on.

I don't know how to be positive about something that I didn't see anything positive in. I'm not just gonna tell you you're good.

The acapella thing, you're wearing headphones. It isn't acapella if you have a beat and it was to quote my wife " the worst rapping I've ever heard".

Ok so constructively, put the Mic down. Get a pad and pen, write shit, scribble it out, write some more, repeat until you have a series of sentences that flow together, use metaphors and lyrical imagery that make sense, stop trying to sound like a black baller, use the accent you have, don't think of going too fast as sounding excited, if it sounds like you're spitting gibberish no ones gonna listen, you don't have to be a mellow rapper to be clear and understandable.

And I repeat, learn to take criticism. What you gonna do if you were in a battle, punch the guy cos he dissected your flow? Come on man, you're an adult, I have to sweet talk my 5 year old, you should be past needing that.

Peace

XBL
    TheDietTea

"use metaphors"
    cleavers for feet
    Big feet.. a metaphor?
    I don't like being radded on.. certainly when you're contradicting yourself.
    I know a little bit about this..
    making fun of my voice and quoting your wife isn't advice either.

I already write.. this isn't spur of the moment..
    so Yes I may get offended.. I don't battle rap.

as for trying to sound a certain way..
    I'm not.. that's just how I'm feeling at that moment..
    even more reason for me to be offended.
    It's not effortless.

the headphones weren't plugged in.. I was being a goof..
    this shit isn't that serious.

Blazing a Trail

"use metaphors"
    cleavers for feet
    Big feet.. a metaphor?
    I don't like being radded on.. certainly when you're contradicting yourself.
    I know a little bit about this..
    making fun of my voice and quoting your wife isn't advice either.

I already write.. this isn't spur of the moment..
    so Yes I may get offended.. I don't battle rap.

as for trying to sound a certain way..
    I'm not.. that's just how I'm feeling at that moment..
    even more reason for me to be offended.
    It's not effortless.

the headphones weren't plugged in.. I was being a goof..
    this shit isn't that serious.
    Oh boy, toys, cot, waaaaaah.

The cleavers for feet was the start of an appalling line, I couldn't be arsed to write it all out sorry.

I didn't make fun of your voice at all, re read before you speak, i said use the voice you have??? That was largely in ref to the ballllla thing you did at the end of one.

I find it concerning you consider any of that "writing".

Obviously you don't battle rap dude, you cant take a bad word ha ha.

Quoting my wife was trying to tell you I'm not alone on my opinion of your raps.

Oh, ok... This isn't effortless but its not serious. So you're trying but you're not?

And I contradict myself.

Weird attitude to have, listen to DonV.

Peace

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Antwan can you please write in simple paragraph form? Reading your messages is a complete mindfuck.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

I feel like I'm back at EA.

Antwan, breath and relax. You put something on the internet, you open that thing to any type of criticism and opinions people have. You don't get a choice in that. And you say it not serious. But why so defensive? AHABOOMSHAKALAKA. Duce made some valid points imo. Just don't get why people always put something on youtube, then are like, "WTF, I don't like your opinion!"

I really like the idea of this thread, and id hate to see it get blocked.

Regardless of whos good or not, evolution comes through time.

Big-ups antwan, for starting this thread and putting yourself on the tracks of a high speed moving train.
    Do what you like man, I can tell you are having a great time working on your hiphop game...
    But for real, take the shit that people say and run with it... I know you are just fuckin around still, but getting pissed about what other people say will only discourage you from this alltogether.

Nobody on here seems studio-bound without some work, sound, flows, beats, ect...

There is no need to fight about it.

And IMO, Duce NLS, you seem like a self proclaimed G.O.D of rap... I wouldnt mind hearing some of your shit. (not an attack, just peaked interest)

Antwan- do what you do n have fun
    DonVigo- checked your facebook shit, sounds pretty tight man, you remind me of one of my homies, 13th Step= my fav
    Saunders- so much energy, yer style reminds me of some 1993 shit, onyx, naughty by nature, even a hint of some old wutang, love it

Duce NLS- i wwish i could comment on yer flows n beats n lyrics... but i cant...

Ive been apart of the hiphop world for a long time, and never heard anyone tell a fellow "artist" that they cant do something they are clearly doing...
    Ive always known to support my local artists, not to cut them down for what they take the time to call thier own...

I love hiphop, the good, the bad , and the ugly.

And for the love of hiphop, "peace"

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by B4NE1 View Post
    I really like the idea of this thread, and id hate to see it get blocked.

Regardless of whos good or not, evolution comes through time.

Big-ups antwan, for starting this thread and putting yourself on the tracks of a high speed moving train.
    Do what you like man, I can tell you are having a great time working on your hiphop game...
    But for real, take the shit that people say and run with it... I know you are just fuckin around still, but getting pissed about what other people say will only discourage you from this alltogether.

Nobody on here seems studio-bound without some work, sound, flows, beats, ect...

There is no need to fight about it.

And IMO, Duce NLS, you seem like a self proclaimed G.O.D of rap... I wouldnt mind hearing some of your shit. (not an attack, just peaked interest)

Antwan- do what you do n have fun
    DonVigo- checked your facebook shit, sounds pretty tight man, you remind me of one of my homies, 13th Step= my fav
    Saunders- so much energy, yer style reminds me of some 1993 shit, onyx, naughty by nature, even a hint of some old wutang, love it

Duce NLS- i wwish i could comment on yer flows n beats n lyrics... but i cant...

Ive been apart of the hiphop world for a long time, and never heard anyone tell a fellow "artist" that they cant do something they are clearly doing...
    Ive always known to support my local artists, not to cut them down for what they take the time to call thier own...

I love hiphop, the good, the bad , and the ugly.

And for the love of hiphop, "peace"
    Easy,

I didn't mean to cut anyone down, I just don't understand people lying to people about their skills.

My apologies if I came across harsh, but I stand by what I said.

I have never proclaimed to be anything, certainly not a god of anything at all.

I eat, sleep and breathe hiphop there's nothing more to it than that.

I'm a writer by nature, I've written stuff for other people and I have a few talented friends so have seen a lot of it from their side of the fence.

I take no credit for anything, I'm nobody. Everything I speak is for my love of rap and the written word.

Hiphop is like spiritual poetry, an outlet and vent for your deepest psyche. It should speak to you.

I might add I fucking hate "gangsta rap" or its modern interpretation. Give me the classics any day.

I'll try and find this guy from Brumside who's always stuck out to me, he used to skate back in the day, regular shy kid, went through some crazy shit, came out a talented and highly thought of hiphop artist.

As I said, props for putting it out there, to all of you.

Peace

Antwan, Duce is giving you a really good train of thought. He is very truthful, and I don't think he is trying to diminish your spirit towards this. Your lack of capabilities when it come's down to rapping, is straight up bunk. But hell you gotta give credit where it's due. Your actually posting raps, whether it be bad or terrible. None of your stuff is actually good, but what is good is the fact that your trying, and it seems as if you know where you want to go with it. That's respectable. I keep pushing the like button on youtube because I like the effort you brought to the table, persistent too.

Banned

haha Antwan

Was waiting for this to happen.
    Last edited by jerr bear; 07-18-2011 at 02:35 PM.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

My one and only rap, recorded over a year ago.

Blazing a Trail

This is the dude I mentioned, not necessarily one of his best songs but one of my personal favourites.

All The Same

Mr Dialysis. Dudes a legend to be fair, plus he got his name from going through that and spent all his time writing, just has a beautiful way with words.

Sorry for the slight off topic, back to you guys.

DV I'll listen through your stuff later tonight, looking forward to it.

Saunders, glad someone thinks I'm talking sense ha ha. Looking forward to the next installment.

I'm not challenging anyone or anything but I'd love to hear you guys do a lil something about what skating is/represents/originates for you.

Peace
    Last edited by Duce NLS; 07-18-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: I'm really high and forgot to put the link. My bad. I'll go punish myself with a spliff right now. Tally Ho!
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube

You guys sit here and talk about how much you love the Fact that Antwan has the balls to post but he's just garbage...That's like telling a kid ohh ya I like that your skateboarding but don't think about doing anything with it...

Saunders - Straight up your a beast. Words just are weird and I'm still waiting on that hustlin track

Antwan - Forget all of them dude if your doing this just for shits and giggles and it's your first time.....I think your doing great....Why judge someone who doesn't care to be judged?

Don - I like how you think.....

Duce - I understand what your saying it's justthe way you come out...You can speak the truth without being a total dick. As for the Wife comment, Really? I could say GOD thinks Saunders very well be the greatest papper ever to fuck around.....Doesn't make it true, Why? Because it's the Internet I can say whatever I want.....

And to all the people that come on here talking about I live and breathe and sleep and eat and bath and shower in hip hop.....Wack the only people that I would believe to live and breathe Hip Hop are the people posting vids....

(And if you see this as an attack, well it very well may be.)
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by ThaD3UCE420 View Post
    DuceNLS just completely killed this thread.formeatleast.
    Dude are you for real? I voiced opinions and explained them.

I gave feedback pos and neg, if anything I tried to share a little of what hiphop means to me and improvements people can make.

You wrote a series of shit cliches that rhyme like salt and pepper.

Stop with the obnoxious text, this isn't ea.

Why has no one banned this kid yet?
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by EG Fr0sty View Post
    You guys sit here and talk about how much you love the Fact that Antwan has the balls to post but he's just garbage...That's like telling a kid ohh ya I like that your skateboarding but don't think about doing anything with it...

Saunders - Straight up your a beast. Words just are weird and I'm still waiting on that hustlin track

Antwan - Forget all of them dude if your doing this just for shits and giggles and it's your first time.....I think your doing great....Why judge someone who doesn't care to be judged?

Don - I like how you think.....

Duce - I understand what your saying it's justthe way you come out...You can speak the truth without being a total dick. As for the Wife comment, Really? I could say GOD thinks Saunders very well be the greatest papper ever to fuck around.....Doesn't make it true, Why? Because it's the Internet I can say whatever I want.....

And to all the people that come on here talking about I live and breathe and sleep and eat and bath and shower in hip hop.....Wack the only people that I would believe to live and breathe Hip Hop are the people posting vids....

(And if you see this as an attack, well it very well may be.)
    You don't have to spit to love hiphop, that's a fairly short sighted view.

I'm not interested in your "attack". I'm not 12.

That was an actual quote off my wife. I let her sit n listen n read through the whole thing to that point, she's a big fan of hiphop herself, one of the many things we share.

Don't refer to me as a total dick thank you. Majority maybe but total no.

Peace
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube

Deuce - you need to relax just say what you need to say in one post before you piss everyone off.....

Duce - like I said I could say the same thing doesn't make it true.....
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

alright let the heated flames come to an end.
    errbody chill for a day, or twoo. then Ill post my first quality recording and then we can start bitchin again.
    and livestreams will begin and fun will emit

Blazing a Trail

Dis Rap?
    Are you actually mentally challenged?

You make my balls ache I laugh so hard. Grow up you muppet.

You wrote a heap of cliches n typed in bold green. Fuck yeah, you are THE SHIT.

I've told you time and time again to watch your mouth and save these pages space, if you have a problem speak to me on live.

Now hush.
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    alright let the heated flames come to an end.
    errbody chill for a day, or twoo. then Ill post my first quality recording and then we can start bitchin again.
    and livestreams will begin and fun will emit
    Hell ya gaha
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by EG Fr0sty View Post
    Deuce - you need to relax just say what you need to say in one post before you piss everyone off.....

Duce - like I said I could say the same thing doesn't make it true.....
    If you choose to be dishonest online that's your problem, that isn't me.
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube

Blazing a Trail

Ya Duce's Papa shoulda popped inis mama's caboose,
    wait for the bass to boost, cause it sound's like your old ladies (l) is real loose
    Holy fuck, dude, call a Doctor quick, your simple ass was never meant to survive the test tube.

You are literally retarded.

And if you ain't smart enough to apologise for that comment about my wife I will do everything in my power to get you banned, there's no place for that here.
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube

I was confused If that was to your mom are to your wife atleast me and you can agree on one thing Duce.....Deuce420 is a idiot...hahha
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Blazing a Trail

then I just clearly won the rap battle.
    I'm sorry, that was what you put forward for a battle?

Your rhymes'; straight ridiculous, I put more than my dick in this,
    You forgot your brain but my souls in the thick o' this,

You step to me boy, you better bring a ladder,
    You come full clip?; Child that shit don't even matter,

You're a wigga with an attitude, I don't mean to be rude,
    But WWA? To me that shit sounds really crude,

You couldn't spit it like I hit, my lyrics metaphysic-
    -cull; your crew, blazing phillies like you smoke dick,

Fuck tha police, bitch please, don't make me laugh,
    I can see you bent on hood, face down, truncheon in ass,

You buzz around here like you're gonna hand out a bee sting,
    Sit your ass down, ill show you how to do the g thing.

If there's one thing I can't stand its bitches bringing heat,
    So do your pussy ass a favour and just admit defeat.

Peace
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube

Blazing a Trail

yo i was free stylin' and sorry again DuceNLS but i didn't even read what you wrote
    So was I.

And no, you read it, you've got fuck all to say and don't know how to act without looking like a tool so you'll pretend you didn't read it.

You are beyond pathetic.
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube

XBL
    TheDietTea

Battles would be cool
    if controlled in some type of media
    like video to video.

No disrespect fellas
    Was just saying you can be nice about your advice..
    not oh Antwan sucks mad ballwz but still posts..
    I get it, I'm not offended I was just trying to make that point
    and it got strung way the fuck out.

and don't care for your opinion but you can post it.. feel free to say antwan sucks..
    join the fuckin club cut ya up like a wolverine, bub.

Blazing a Trail

DuceNLS what does free styling mean in hip hop?
    Spitting off the top of your head. My speciality.

Sounds funny but I teach my kids about poetry by freestying slowly to them about stuff around them, teach them how to paint a picture with words.

Again, Thadeuce, you clearly have no comeback so your voice just fell to silence imo.

Sit quietly little boy. This is the big boys table.
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube