Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rap of the Week?

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by iSomali View Post
    okay i'v got my first track here, hope u guys like it...
    its abit personal tho, about my dad passing away n shit

Constructive critism is welcome, just don't be an asshole tho
    The song was just odd to me. I thought the technique was there, but not showcased. The beat was slow and went with your styling, but 1m 5s of lyrics (all in a row leaves lots of dead space) in a 3m song seems like a waste of a good track. The Harmonic Beats (voice overs, calls, double speak, etc... whatever name you like for them) also I think we're overused to the point that they no longer felt like stress points and went into simple cadence. Overall, it was still a good song, but needed to be about 1.5m shorter or have more verses.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    The song was just odd to me. I thought the technique was there, but not showcased. The beat was slow and went with your styling, but 1m 5s of lyrics (all in a row leaves lots of dead space) in a 3m song seems like a waste of a good track. The Harmonic Beats (voice overs, calls, double speak, etc... whatever name you like for them) also I think we're overused to the point that they no longer felt like stress points and went into simple cadence. Overall, it was still a good song, but needed to be about 1.5m shorter or have more verses.
    I got a 2nd verse for this track, i've already pre-recorded it but it doesnt quite fit without a chorus/hook but i cannot sing and cannot think of anything to make a good chorus
    GT: iSomali Pirate
    Graphics Link: http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.p...4283#post64283
    Page: http://likebuttermag.com/profile/iSomaliPirate
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You don't know how hard it is, when the Mother don't know where the Father is,
    If you want you can ask the Kids, they see him once a year they call him Father Chris.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Something I was messing with..
    Haha the voice at the end is actually my own came out hilarious.

I just read the first post and skipped the rest, but i work as an electrician and i cam up with this ryhme.....

Yeah i gotta make a confession,
    and teach u a hard lesson,
    see im a boss, at this, electrical profession
    money in the bank every friday
    so high im swerving down the highway

always keep myself on time
    constantly commiting crimes
    ok and i loose my mind, not pay my fine, fuck you to the pigs ,
    all while spitting some lines, smoke a cig, AND destroy every fucking thing!

thats how i swing if you dont like it, suck on my fat ding a ling.

yeah im ThaD3UCE420, making lot of money, people from britian really aren't that funny. :/

XBL
    TheDietTea

thats funny deuce keep writing

Here's my playlist so far

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz

alright ladies Ive got a challenge for everyone who wants to participate, rap on top of this instrumental http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23aL_Ver36k
    post your outcome. I'll drop my own video as well. hopeful we can get a bunch of people rappin on it.

XBL
    TheDietTea

gurrrl pleeasse..

obnoxious but thats cool xD. didn't expect you to hit it so soon though. gotta give ya that

im about to upload my rap of the day gonna upload something the rest of the week cause I had an epiphany.

There once was a bro from Nantucket
    whose dick was so chill you would suck it.
    His lax game was hot but his main bitch was not
    So he fucked her sister.
    youtube.com/tacoman1337

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Yo Saunders, this epiphany of yours involve lip synching? If that's your own original shit and you synched it to keep the vocals at that nice consistant level as you moved around and spit, more power to you... But I'll drop a verse to your instrumental as soon as you've dropped yours.

If we're going with "ladies" I courtsey to you, ma'am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

donvigo I take everything into account when I do this. And my camera has one of the best Microphone's you can have on a camera.

As for the levels of sound all I did was record myself with the stereo pumping, then I added the instrumental track over top everything so the instrumental sounds prestine.

lip synching HAHAHAHAHAHA want me to acapella.

Kyle, you remind me a lot of Zach de la Rocha from RATM. you should cover some of his stuff. I would be the happiest Taco in teh worlds if you did
    youtube.com/tacoman1337

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    donvigo I take everything into account when I do this. And my camera has one of the best Microphone's you can have on a camera.

As for the levels of sound all I did was record myself with the stereo pumping, then I added the instrumental track over top everything so the instrumental sounds prestine.

lip synching HAHAHAHAHAHA want me to acapella.
    Free advice, man: Don't admit to doctoring the audio when you're trying to defend yourself. There's some wacky logic behind "I didn't do anything with the vocal track, but I worked on the instrumental track..."

Regardless, I could give the left cheek of a rat's ass about your acapella, I think I asked for YOUR verse to the instrumental you posted and issued some sort of sophmoric challenge towards.

Get cocky when you've proven something, son.
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    Free advice, man: Don't admit to doctoring the audio when you're trying to defend yourself. There's some wacky logic behind "I didn't do anything with the vocal track, but I worked on the instrumental track..."

Regardless, I could give the left cheek of a rat's ass about your acapella, I think I asked for YOUR verse to the instrumental you posted and issued some sort of sophmoric challenge towards.

Get cocky when you've proven something, son.
    well my voice overpowered the instrumental track when I was recording, so I added the instrumental ontop of the video recording to make the instrumental louder. uploading the next video soon btw

Oh ya I forgot to mention to those who are intesrested in checkin me out, Im gonna do live feeds of this next week. Gonna try and keep it at just freestyling too. There will be an odd time where i won't be, I wanna try my best to freestyle though.
    Last edited by saunders420; 07-12-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Day 2

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Respect where it's due, Saunders, that was pretty fuckin' dope, man. My only gripe is that your lyrics didn't really say anything, but it was still fresh. Rhyme schemes, cadence, all that. Good shit.

Seeing as this was a "challenge" I thought I'd bring some "battle rap" to your head holes.

Seriously, this is supposed to be for a laugh, don't take it seriously... I'm serious.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Pretty funny don..
    but wouldn't have been without the dude dancing
    maybe you need to work on your dissin skills haha
    Yeah the beat is kinda cheezy don't know why I was feeling it but
    think I got a nice quick freestyle in.

don that was heinous.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Pretty funny don..
    but wouldn't have been without the dude dancing
    maybe you need to work on your dissin skills haha
    Yeah the beat is kinda cheezy don't know why I was feeling it but
    think I got a nice quick freestyle in.
    Face it, man. Battle raps are nothing more than a pissing match between a couple of dudes going "it's this big." If nothing else, the box was exited, and we all had a giggle.

Gotta admit, something to be said about lyrical cohesion. Your flow is improving big time, but soon the time will come to pick better topics to speak on than how great you are or how great the other guy isn't.

don that was heinous.
    Care to expand upon this thought?

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

DV, I think he meant the video aspect.
    I'm pretty sure people got the lyrics were tongue-n-cheek.

Antwan, flow is improving. Just gotta get that voice down a little bit still.

Saunders, I like the sound of your voice and the flow is very nice. Lyrics I'm not feelings yet, but I don't think you're trying for solid content yet.
    The overlay track though needs to be backed down a bit. It's overpowering your voice by leaps and bounds.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

A tip I find helpful for Saunders: I just recently turned the low end EQ on my mixer up for recording. I have an oddly nasily voice, but I find if I bring a little more of the bass out of it, it has less of a tendancy to drown out with the bass in the beat. I'm not an expert or anything, but you've got a voice that could probably use the same tweak to suit the beats better. I don't think you're too drown out, per say, but it is tough to make out any of the lyrics, and I'm sure Rep just pointed out the cause.

BTW, Rep. New avatar = AWESOME!

I'm just recording using my camcorder which has an amazing microphone. No mixer. headphones help a lot too, when trying to listen.

within the next week or two Ill have all these lyrics into legitimate songs hopefully, I've been working hard to try and get things right. Still have a lot of progress though imo.

A lot of material to work with but no actual beats/instrumentals. got a couple though(thanks breezy)

here's day 3 of my rap week

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

I'm just recording using my camcorder which has an amazing microphone. No mixer. headphones help a lot too, when trying to listen.

within the next week or two Ill have all these lyrics into legitimate songs hopefully, I've been working hard to try and get things right. Still have a lot of progress though imo.

A lot of material to work with but no actual beats/instrumentals. got a couple though(thanks breezy)

here's day 3 of my rap week
    that was ok but..... DURRIK is sill the rapping fake skater evar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYm1t9rq4AY

llol you really aren't that bad..but he is

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy123 View Post

llol you really aren't that bad..but he is
    thanks man lol

"my pen and paper? platonic." hahahah

Saunders you got some skills dude!!

I used to dabble on the mic back in University when I was making beats.

Not writing now, nor am I set up to record anything... but you can listen to me rap (and make beats) here: http://soundcloud.com/beat-chemist

Raps are here: http://soundcloud.com/beat-chemist/b...e-charts-vocal
    Last edited by BeatChemist; 07-13-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Day three sounds good, man.

Seems the hardest thing for an MC to do is meet a damn producer/engineer. I've had some stuff written that I've wanted to bring on to the stage for going on three years now, but lacked the second half of the act. Now, I know a cat, and we're finally making some headway, but it's been a long road. On the plus side, my abilities have gone from a drip to a dribble and are moving towards being a real flow, so the practice is definatly worth the patience... But MAN it sucks knowing you want to, and can do something, but need a second set of braincells to make it work.

If your area is anything like mine, don't bother with Craigslist. You'll find a bunch of dudes who want to sell you their beats, which is cool if you have the fundage to do that, but isn't the kind of work I wanted to do.

Best place to meet the like minded is really college. Dunno if you're that age (you seem to be in the later teenage years, who knows) but if you ask around at a local community college your pretty likely to find someone else who's bored and got some passion.

An old friend from school asked me if I wanted to record with him on facebook. Wednesday I get the opportunity, He started up the group "Real Important Poetry" "R.I.P." they have opened for quite a few headliners.
    Im extremely hyped on this.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I'm sure you got it on lock, but all good vibes your way come Wednesday, man. Good luck. Not sure if you've had the pleasure, but there is NOTHING like being on stage with the mic.

I was young Simba. on stage No Lie. Princess of Wales Theatre. Downtown Toronto almost a decade ago, ever since then I've always wanted to get back on stage with my own material and do my own thing. That was an experience. A lot of inspiration and motivation came out of the hustle to get that job in particular, which created a lot of opportunities.

not being able to do what I love has been getting under my skin. that's why I succumbed to youtube. Matter of time before I did it anyways, so useful.

edit for deleting a lot of shit I wrote.
    Last edited by saunders420; 07-13-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Music is love and hate.
    Truth.

glad you picked up on what I wrote before I deleted it.

Saunders is dope. I really hope some good opportunities come your way
    youtube.com/tacoman1337

I went and watched all the videos....

Skatehead wins.."Rap of the Week? I got smelly ass feet' hahahahahhahaha
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    i'm perfecting sloppiness!

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

At first I couldn't tell which ones were jokes and which weren't on a few.

I don't know as much about US rap as much as UK Rap/Grime, but Saunders, I like the tone in your voice man, it's got that kinda old school sound slightly. Can't put my finger on who it reminds me of. The lyrics don't mean anything to me, but maybe its cause I'm English.

But I'm no pro. I haven't even been involved in anything like this, I wrote a couple grime bars a couple years back, never even spit them outside my room though.

And for whoever mentioned dissing or something. UK Grime. Lord of the Mics and genral sends (dubs) for other atrists are the best disses around imo. And grime sets and freestyles are shit hot.

Amateur Flucker

yea I have to say, saunders, your voice is dope as fuck. keep improving on that already nice flow of yours. you remind me a little of bizzy bone, not only because of your hair lol but you have so much potential. don't stop, rap needs you! enough of this watered down lyrical content based on party beats and auto tune.
    Scharkey

Banned

I like Saunders' voice as well

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

fuck it I'm hopping in this for shits and giggles. I'm sixteen so I'm a bit of a squeaker but hopefully you guys can handle it.
    edit: just listened too all the tracks, all you guys are really good. saunders, your voice is really ill man. I'm feeling it.
    Last edited by andreas; 07-14-2011 at 05:20 PM.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

XBL
    emericaridr11

I cant agree more with these guys

your voice is very nice

but I dont know about the lyrics

sometimes the simple lyrics is what wins, with simple metaphors and shit like that....

really though, lovely, I hear alot of crappy rappers here, and your much more professional sounding them these fools around here

Spikity pock clock plop pikity
    My name is Frosty and I can spit wickedly
    Bitches like me cuz my dick is so thickity..
    What...ya you know what I'm thinking
    Skate3 sucks dick so stop bitching

Ya...My voice isn't deep enough and to Boston to actually spit hahaha

Heres a challenge for you all You have to use this Instrumental( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQJddv0-fmc ) Any part of it..But
    You have to rap about how you fakeskate.....What you say..Lets see if Saunders can spit cool and calm....
    Last edited by EG Fr0sty; 07-14-2011 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Challenge
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    i'm perfecting sloppiness!

Quote Originally Posted by EG Fr0sty View Post
    Spikity pock clock plop pikity
    My name is Frosty and I can spit wickedly
    Bitches like me cuz my dick is so thickity..
    What...ya you know what I'm thinking
    Skate3 sucks dick so stop bitching

Ya...My voice isn't deep enough and to Boston to actually spit hahaha

Heres a challenge for you all You have to use this Instrumental( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQJddv0-fmc ) Any part of it..But
    You have to rap about how you fakeskate.....What you say..Lets see if Saunders can spit cool and calm....
    deal. And for the 4th day I missed Ill be posting two today.