Thread: Rap of the Week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

I'm guessing there is already a site similar to my ideas.. but here's what I was thinking..
    Maybe change my website name to something relevant if needed.
    Any artist can sign up on my website, Log in. Agree to Terms, I Own the Beats used in this song, etc.
    Post their music whenever they feel the need to.. Set a price (there will be restrictions obviously, can't have pricey stuff)
    The site would automatically send me something like 5% of sales made on said item, Just to keep the site running really.
    It would range from I don't know FREE to 1.50 US DOLLARS.. does this sound profitable to anyone? I don't know many artists but I know they are out there.. I could build on it, add features, eventually make something like a featured artists page.. Start making my own stuff to put on there down the road. I don't know sounded doable.. if anyone want's to contribute ideas I'd be down to donate from my profits to you for said ideas. This is all brainstorming really.. I plan to profit from a website in someway.. this is just an idea I started to think on.
    Maybe some kind of system to reinforce original beats, like seen on youtube.. If it picks up a track that's already out there by it's time signature or however they do it (Sorry if this is the wrong term) don't allow the upload.
    Last edited by Antwan; 08-16-2012 at 05:52 PM.