Thread: Rap of the Week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

I feel like I'm back at EA.

Antwan, breath and relax. You put something on the internet, you open that thing to any type of criticism and opinions people have. You don't get a choice in that. And you say it not serious. But why so defensive? AHABOOMSHAKALAKA. Duce made some valid points imo. Just don't get why people always put something on youtube, then are like, "WTF, I don't like your opinion!"

I really like the idea of this thread, and id hate to see it get blocked.

Regardless of whos good or not, evolution comes through time.

Big-ups antwan, for starting this thread and putting yourself on the tracks of a high speed moving train.
    Do what you like man, I can tell you are having a great time working on your hiphop game...
    But for real, take the shit that people say and run with it... I know you are just fuckin around still, but getting pissed about what other people say will only discourage you from this alltogether.

Nobody on here seems studio-bound without some work, sound, flows, beats, ect...

There is no need to fight about it.

And IMO, Duce NLS, you seem like a self proclaimed G.O.D of rap... I wouldnt mind hearing some of your shit. (not an attack, just peaked interest)

Antwan- do what you do n have fun
    DonVigo- checked your facebook shit, sounds pretty tight man, you remind me of one of my homies, 13th Step= my fav
    Saunders- so much energy, yer style reminds me of some 1993 shit, onyx, naughty by nature, even a hint of some old wutang, love it

Duce NLS- i wwish i could comment on yer flows n beats n lyrics... but i cant...

Ive been apart of the hiphop world for a long time, and never heard anyone tell a fellow "artist" that they cant do something they are clearly doing...
    Ive always known to support my local artists, not to cut them down for what they take the time to call thier own...

I love hiphop, the good, the bad , and the ugly.

And for the love of hiphop, "peace"

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by B4NE1 View Post
    I really like the idea of this thread, and id hate to see it get blocked.

Regardless of whos good or not, evolution comes through time.

Big-ups antwan, for starting this thread and putting yourself on the tracks of a high speed moving train.
    Do what you like man, I can tell you are having a great time working on your hiphop game...
    But for real, take the shit that people say and run with it... I know you are just fuckin around still, but getting pissed about what other people say will only discourage you from this alltogether.

Nobody on here seems studio-bound without some work, sound, flows, beats, ect...

There is no need to fight about it.

And IMO, Duce NLS, you seem like a self proclaimed G.O.D of rap... I wouldnt mind hearing some of your shit. (not an attack, just peaked interest)

Antwan- do what you do n have fun
    DonVigo- checked your facebook shit, sounds pretty tight man, you remind me of one of my homies, 13th Step= my fav
    Saunders- so much energy, yer style reminds me of some 1993 shit, onyx, naughty by nature, even a hint of some old wutang, love it

Duce NLS- i wwish i could comment on yer flows n beats n lyrics... but i cant...

Ive been apart of the hiphop world for a long time, and never heard anyone tell a fellow "artist" that they cant do something they are clearly doing...
    Ive always known to support my local artists, not to cut them down for what they take the time to call thier own...

I love hiphop, the good, the bad , and the ugly.

And for the love of hiphop, "peace"
    Easy,

I didn't mean to cut anyone down, I just don't understand people lying to people about their skills.

My apologies if I came across harsh, but I stand by what I said.

I have never proclaimed to be anything, certainly not a god of anything at all.

I eat, sleep and breathe hiphop there's nothing more to it than that.

I'm a writer by nature, I've written stuff for other people and I have a few talented friends so have seen a lot of it from their side of the fence.

I take no credit for anything, I'm nobody. Everything I speak is for my love of rap and the written word.

Hiphop is like spiritual poetry, an outlet and vent for your deepest psyche. It should speak to you.

I might add I fucking hate "gangsta rap" or its modern interpretation. Give me the classics any day.

I'll try and find this guy from Brumside who's always stuck out to me, he used to skate back in the day, regular shy kid, went through some crazy shit, came out a talented and highly thought of hiphop artist.

As I said, props for putting it out there, to all of you.

Peace

Antwan, Duce is giving you a really good train of thought. He is very truthful, and I don't think he is trying to diminish your spirit towards this. Your lack of capabilities when it come's down to rapping, is straight up bunk. But hell you gotta give credit where it's due. Your actually posting raps, whether it be bad or terrible. None of your stuff is actually good, but what is good is the fact that your trying, and it seems as if you know where you want to go with it. That's respectable. I keep pushing the like button on youtube because I like the effort you brought to the table, persistent too.

Banned

haha Antwan

Was waiting for this to happen.
    Last edited by jerr bear; 07-18-2011 at 02:35 PM.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

My one and only rap, recorded over a year ago.

Blazing a Trail

This is the dude I mentioned, not necessarily one of his best songs but one of my personal favourites.

All The Same

Mr Dialysis. Dudes a legend to be fair, plus he got his name from going through that and spent all his time writing, just has a beautiful way with words.

Sorry for the slight off topic, back to you guys.

DV I'll listen through your stuff later tonight, looking forward to it.

Saunders, glad someone thinks I'm talking sense ha ha. Looking forward to the next installment.

I'm not challenging anyone or anything but I'd love to hear you guys do a lil something about what skating is/represents/originates for you.

Peace
    Last edited by Duce NLS; 07-18-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: I'm really high and forgot to put the link. My bad. I'll go punish myself with a spliff right now. Tally Ho!
    CNBStv - YouTube

Duce - Youtube