Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

You guys seem all so rad. but here is what i learned: 360 shuvit, 360 flip, 5-0, big spin, fakie 360 flip, fakie big flip... i suck lol
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    Hahaa never give up my man NEVER give up !

I have skated for 6 years so it doesn't take so long to learn some new variation of old trick anymore.
    I've been skating for 12, quit for 2, and now I spend most of my skate time RElearning tricks lol. So its rare that I get started on something completely new nowadays. But when I do, I don't give up! You have further encouraged me, Sir Wiltz, I shall get that trick this weekend!

& Hobbs, you dont suck dude. That bag of tricks can make for endless fun. Shit, I've had sessions where I literally just do some 50 50s, boardslides, and fakie tres! Even now, I still have some days where I dont even try ANY fliptricks lol. Even when I was flow, on a bad day I could only do fakie tres and vheels!
    Last edited by Legba; 03-13-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I've been skating like 12 years now too. Never stopped, still skate a lot.
    I have lost a lot of tricks too but replaced them with a variety of freestyle tricks that I have very consistent now.

I WISH I never stopped.
    But I'm kinda the same way. I definitely dont have as many tricks as I used to, but the ones I do have are faster, higher, and more comfy than ever.
    Your freestyle tricks are SIIICK Pawn, hope to see some newness from you in Fluckit IRL!
    I got that Fluckin' Love

XBL
    TheDietTea

It is too bad my old school setup doesn't allow primos..
    I would likely be trying to hold onto something due to the terrible on/off weather.
    The old school board is pretty smooth and works well someways
    The normal sized boards help me get more technical though.
    I have a shit ton of decks at my dad's place.. Never got around to mailing them back to myself.
    If I end up heading to NY again it would likely be this summer. I tried texting you Legba.

Get thinner or wider trucks, whatever your board needs for primos to work out.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

& Hobbs, you dont suck dude. That bag of tricks can make for endless fun. Shit, I've had sessions where I literally just do some 50 50s, boardslides, and fakie tres! Even now, I still have some days where I dont even try ANY fliptricks lol. Even when I was flow, on a bad day I could only do fakie tres and vheels![/QUOTE]

Sick makes me feel good, problem is hey are not consistant at all. You were on flow? Plus i just learned Vheels too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    You guys seem all so rad. but here is what i learned: 360 shuvit, 360 flip, 5-0, big spin, fakie 360 flip, fakie big flip... i suck lol
    nigga you can do a flip, hush your "i suck" havin ass up
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Primo to 540 manual spin shuv

Got my best manual spin yet, 18 full rotations

Wrap around-5 pogos-finger flip

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanx123 View Post
    nigga you can do a flip, hush your "i suck" havin ass up
    ok....um...it is almost up.....ahhhhhhhh...... and phew it's up there all right!

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    Primo to 540 manual spin shuv

Got my best manual spin yet, 18 full rotations

Wrap around-5 pogos-finger flip
    holy heck your goody good good

XBL
    TheDietTea

You sound more like mullen everytime I read from you pawn haha. He had some footage in 1989 I believe where he has slow manual spins down to a science, so ridiculous. You ever try manual spins up banks into manual stalls? Just thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    You sound more like mullen everytime I read from you pawn haha. He had some footage in 1989 I believe where he has slow manual spins down to a science, so ridiculous. You ever try manual spins up banks into manual stalls? Just thought of it.
    Yeah I've done a couple of those, like a 450 spin to manual stall. What's also fun on flat are manual spins where at the end you stop it then just spacewalk out haha

i just learneded front 180 switch mannys <3
    Pissoff

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Sick! how long you been skating?

Steam
    m1L3z
    PSN
    imrobwhite

newest thing ive learned is a no comply shuv variation. but i plant my back foot.and bring my front foot to the tail and scoop it that way. if i do them on a bank i can get them in bigspin variations. thats my newest learnt trick.

Quote Originally Posted by teh m1L3z View Post
    newest thing ive learned is a no comply shuv variation. but i plant my back foot.and bring my front foot to the tail and scoop it that way. if i do them on a bank i can get them in bigspin variations. thats my newest learnt trick.
    Pretty sweet man. I like doing those as a foot plant kinda thing, step on the parking block, gap over it.

Yesterday I got a few fakie 540 big spins into a 540 manual spin shuv out.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

we got a very tech bunch of skaters in this group eh?

XBL
    TheDietTea

No comply footplants? or just fliptrick footplants pawn? Speaking of those.. Ive got a pretty odd dose of variations very consistent. Switch no comply, switch no comply body varials, switch no comply seatbelts, one foot blunt slides on flat no hands I can only seem to get standard no complies in switch and the body varial is surprisingly natural feeling too. I dont know if youd really call em out as switch because it was pretty easy for me and I cant do it in my normal stance. Ive been messing with the blunt skid stuff into fences.. Kicking off of them for for speed while sliding. Still really want to get jam turn arounds off of straight poles just cant seem to get em down. Also got some silly looking stuff that may look better on banks or something.. caveman, skid, fingerflip stuff. My ideal park to try stuff at is in NY. Hoping to legitamize the odd stuff.

Both Flips/finger flips and just the straight foot plants themselves Antwan. Did more of that stuff back in the day like my 540 flipideeflu trick tip, (back foot foot plant 540 finger flip)

Today I got a 360 boneless over 4 decks and got like a half dozen 1 foot 360 shuv manual 360 shuvs, still really trying to land it a few times every sesh and try n get em on lock.

Today I got my first frontside grab over a hip stoked to the max

YOU HAVE AN AMAZING BEARD

I had an impulsive reaction to seeing "FAG" written on the bowl and this was it...

Last edited by Goon_Panda; 04-04-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Mad beard skillz!

At our local park there's a down sloped manny pad and after first trying it last summer and failing probably somewhere in the hundreds. Yesterday finally managed to nollie nose wheelie down it. Horrendous self props afterwards but didn't give a shit. Stoked!

XBL
    TheDietTea

Legit slappy sesh today. Even jank ones are fun. Variations include sal flip tail stall fingerflip out, no comply seatbelt to tail stalls, one footed five os, one footed tailslides and im real close to just up n down front blunt nose pivot out. Im thinking manual spins into stalls would be fun, trying that tomorrow. Only a few hours during the day cars arent parked blocking them, worth it.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

were you live twan? were i live they got no slappy curbs

XBL
    TheDietTea

Its a pretty odd area actually but I found a nice apartment aound here just a few miles from the kentucky bridge. There is a park a few miles away and some real nice ones in florence kentucky I dont have a car but I still get around plenty of street gems hidden if you go looking. I realize stalls on slappys are odd but its something.. stepping up from flat feels great. Ill likely do banks next. Ive done salflip tail fingerflip out down the hubba in NY once. The flat preperation always helps me so well see what I get when I step up even further, in due time.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

yea that salflip tail... holy shit!

XBL
    TheDietTea

I didnt think that trick was a big deal honestly even down the hubba. Just so were clear ive always known a salflip as a caveman variation. Pop it into your hand, quick step off whip around and back under you but in this case I did it to a tailslide fingerflip out. I talked about caveman blunts a while back but I never got around to landing them. Now those are tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    no comply seatbelt to tail stalls
    How did you not destroy your fingers?

That is a seatbelt grab during a crook, if you were uncertain what the picture meant.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well it looks like hes riding goofy thats my stance too. Its a pretty subtle grab on flat but I do them in switch, is it not a seatbelt grab then? grab terminology might be off I dont do much there. Is switch crail a trick? I mean as said all my no comply stuff I do switch. If seatbelts the tail I guess its a crail then my bad. I grab the nose switch.

a no comply crail tail stall is entirely possible, switch or not, crail is grabbing the nose with your back hand, seatbelt is grabbing the tail with your front hand. So in turn, a seatbelt to a tail stall would smash your fingers, unless you're fast about it and take it off before you land in it, haha. You're crazy for learning no complies switch though. I see how you would consider it a seatbelt though, being switch.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    TheDietTea

Right on. Haha people always say that man. It came naturally though goofy riders should try it. Ive actually done a few body varials with it on flat its pretty quick though. Ill have to do a vid sometime. Not sure when ill be up and running again but ive got some ideas flowing that im pretty stoked on.
    Last edited by Antwan; 04-12-2013 at 02:41 AM.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

i tried to finger flip off a ramp a couple days ago.... they are fucking hard

XBL
    TheDietTea

Like a kicker or something.. ramp to drop? The key is to pop it vertical but dont level out. So youre still on the board but it reaches your hand then just compensate for speed/rotation.

XBL
    TheDietTea

You should learn them on flat if you havent already. Straight up ollie nosegrabs should help hobbs. I dont just go for big stuff anymore I usually work up to it, get comfortable. before I salflip tailed the hubba I got them dialed on flat ledges and before that you guessed it consistent salflips on flat ground. fingerflips, I never did a full ollie for them though. The less you level out the easier it is to grab the nose. I like to think of everything as an extension. Ok you got nosegrabs now try fingerflips.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

dude yea nose grabs are like ollies to me now, so all i have to do is put the board closer to my hand without moving my hand that much, then flip it?

So Antwan, you can finger flip? Like with no foot plant?

I've come close, I found I've come closer just grabbing the nose and kinda pulling it up instead of the Ollie-nose grab-flip. But then again my Ollies are pretty weak and my board doesn't help, whatever works.

Got a pogo wrap around to casper

Hell yeah llamas stinkbugging it! Sick dude, nice beard too
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah hobbs thats what I do anyway easier if the board is closer I thought. No footplants pawn. I just couldnt seem to get variations of it so I never recorded them. I havent tried them on my oldschool setup ill have to do that. I dont imagine its a big difference ive actually seen alot of pop come from the oldschool board I have. I guess the caveman stuff helped. Foot placement toward the back so it starts that vertical setup for you. I reccommend gloves griptape tears your hands up I usually sport a pair.

Id love to see it Antwan, sounds like youve really come a long way