Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I need to get back into skating. I've been kind of out of it, no motivation.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

XBL
    TheDietTea

I'll have to try that pawn.. I usually try to use the momentum of the rewind and hold a manual.. curious though, do you tail-skid with yours?
    It looks like it in some of your footage but hard to tell at certain times.. I'm trying to stay on my wheels haha

Blisk the no comply shuv underflip? haha what? do you kick it when you are landing or is it one motion or what..
    I always thought those were interesting to watch I've only seen a few but I've seen people kick on their way down to land bolts and
    on the way up.

Yeah I hear that nolan it's more about just getting out there because it's cold as hell around here right now
    but at least it isn't raining.. being stuck inside for rain and or snow can cause some depression.. good to get out..
    and when I skate It's all about me; kinda zone everything else out.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

yeah antwan, i used to scratch occasionally on the big spins, i cut that out recently. Ive really improved my manual spins lately, went from at best 4 full rotations to 8. will probably put a trick tip up at some point, quite a few tips.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Would be cool.. I've looked it up there aren't many old school trick tips that I could find sadly..
    I had seen the one foot reverts before though so I tried looking for it..
    I've tried studying videos but some things still don't click you know.

the no comply pop shuv underflip is pretty easy if you put some time into it. all you need to do is put your back foot more off the toe side than usual begin the pop shuv and when its about half way through the pop shuv rotation flip your foot up (back foot)

in this video he kinda screwed up keeping his back foot right under the board so it resulted in a late flip making him over rotate it. fun trick i recommend learning it

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xI blisk Ix View Post
    the no comply pop shuv underflip is pretty easy if you put some time into it. all you need to do is put your back foot more off the toe side than usual begin the pop shuv and when its about half way through the pop shuv rotation flip your foot up (back foot)

in this video he kinda screwed up keeping his back foot right under the board so it resulted in a late flip making him over rotate it. fun trick i recommend learning it

That looked real cool, gotta try those, i think i'd rather do it with a fs shuv though

I really just need new trucks. I've been riding some old Thunders that are meant for size 8s.
    Last trick I learned was No Comply front tails on curbs/parking blocks.
    GT: ZigZaggerr