Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN
    JayTheHelmetGuy

I don't know if it's the proper name, but I just learned frontside body jars

Im learning to just cruise efficiently over marble, sewers and rough surfaces..
    So much fun. Looking for spots too.. if anyone is in Newyork I'm near Willamsburg in Brooklyn.
    -- so far I've found a spot with some mellow rails ledges and benches near the Pier.
    Last edited by NeedsMoreTP; 11-02-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unplannedman View Post
    I don't know if it's the proper name, but I just learned frontside body jars
    Fs makes it Lien to tail
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

not really a new trick, but just completely cleaned up my fs 360 bert slides. Full extension, basically laying on the ramp at one point, so fun

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well I'm getting more done than I ever thought I would with natural terrain..
    Found a mellow spot where I've done a manual up ledge crook down it
    Starting to go big with acid drops..
    as well as caveman variations..
    got a slick ass trick today.. Not sure what to call it.. uh.. caveman one foot tailslide or something.. looks legit feels great.. so many sick ass low ledges around NY.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Got caveman slides almost everytime with an acutal drop in to the ledge Finger flip out.. 360 hand shuv out and hand varial flip out

Found a dope spot in the park to get a richie jackson style under rail pop under hop on deal.. loving that

Got a ton of manual combinations I don't think anyone does.. kinda cheesy but they are pretty technical too.

Skateboarding is a great time for me right now I couldn't be more pleased with how fast things are becoming fluid and how many ideas I am coming up with on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Found a dope spot in the park to get a richie jackson style under rail pop under hop on deal.. loving that
    haha, just saying hippie jump would have been easier to type and understand, that's cool though, I need to learn hippie kickflips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah well what do you call the one he does with his hand though is it a caveman?
    That's the one I'm talking about..

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Skateboarding is a great time for me right now I couldn't be more pleased with how fast things are becoming fluid and how many ideas I am coming up with on the spot.
    I wish I could find the time to skate, or even the motivation. I didn't always really like skating alone, but with work and school at the same time, it blows lol hardly any free time, and when I do have free time, I just chill with friends or whatever... I can't wait to find the time to skate. And right now, with fkn winter coming up, I won't be able to skate for the next 4-5 months...

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Question for the jury: If you approach a wall (transition) where you would naturally turn frontside, but two seventy into a feeble (wheels on deck) it's a hurricane... Is it a sugarcane if you're going the opposite direction and leave your front wheels hanging into the tranny like a ally oop 270 smith???

If it's a sugarcane, that was the last trick I learned... Or I just spin around all funny and go backwards on my back truck with my front wheels dipped. Not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    I wish I could find the time to skate, or even the motivation. I didn't always really like skating alone, but with work and school at the same time, it blows lol hardly any free time, and when I do have free time, I just chill with friends or whatever... I can't wait to find the time to skate. And right now, with fkn winter coming up, I won't be able to skate for the next 4-5 months...
    Just gotta do it man.. that motivation will drive you through it if you let it.. Surround yourself with only skaters once a week obviously don't ditch on plans but plan ahead.. maybe even more than once a week after you get warmed up.

I usually have to walk like 8 blocks everyday here in NY just to skate but that motivation keeps me pushing..
    I've gained my stanima back and working on even more of it.. skating full days when I can.
    to my surprise people are digging this stuff I guess that's why I assumed a little taste was ok for my teaser.. but it's all good. Having people cheer you on for your obscurities is awesome.. People that don't skate and skaters alike.. can't stress how great the atmosphere for skating is here.

Conquered some steep ass banks today.. upping my confidence.. got another caveman tail slide today fingerflip out.. busted ass but I've never felt better.. got them dialed on flat ledges and working on hubbas.

Still working on halfpipe manuevers trying to get the manual up board tap piv manual back down just keep slipping up so three parts to it I would say..
    1.Manual up
    2.Board tap side of halfpipe from manual
    3.slight pivot manual down.. keep slipping up.. the halfpipe is steep but not incredibly I mean I can get the first two parts.