Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

Here's a little example of how my hardflips look now. took me absolutely FOREVER to learn em this way (where your feet are like a tre.) its a lot more comfortable, meaning you can go fast doing em this way without losing balance from having your feet on the same side of the board. And they get hella consistent and always pop pretty high.
    This video shows my hardflip 180 at the end (on a hip but i can do them better on flat.) Just a short montage with some friends but all the tricks you see me doig in this are tricks i learned to get down this year.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

dope shit as usual Tom. I'll have to try hardflips with the foot placement of tres.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    dope shit as usual Tom. I'll have to try hardflips with the foot placement of tres.
    haha i wish more people could do em like that. it honestly took me FOREVER to figure it out. like i used to try them like that and never understood how people flipped it then one day it seriously just clicked and its one of those tricks you'll always feel proud of when you do a good one, no matter how often you do it.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

yeah no doubt dude. if ever i'd get hardflips, i'd probably be the happiest dude ever haha i've been messing with that trick for a couple of years and never got it lol been like 3-4 years I can fs flip, and people always told me it was similar, so I started trying it, but never got it lol never thought about trying the same foot placement for tre flip though, so I'll definitely try it like that next time I skate

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

almost got an impossible my first day trying
    Same position as my no complys, both feet completely spread out on the board.
    Really weird feeling trick, doesn't seem like the momentum should be there, but it is haha

XBL
    TheDietTea

Ha damn pawn nice I couldnt get those legit but I can do 360 shuvs with the sideways one foot casper trick.. Wonder what other variations I can muster

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    almost got an impossible my first day trying
    Same position as my no complys, both feet completely spread out on the board.
    Really weird feeling trick, doesn't seem like the momentum should be there, but it is haha
    impossibles are the most comfortable trick once you get em down haha. really consistent and feels really controlled so you dont have to have a heart attack when you do them going fast

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I hate you Tom for nailing down all the tricks I wish I could do haha. I have to skate way more often... Any tips for impossibles? hahaha

XBL
    TheDietTea

I guess it was never about being clean to me and being in that mindset I couldnt focus on the trick itself but ive been taking time to clean them up and its helped me get things dialed in as well as expand in new directions.

XBL
    TheDietTea

One foot manual is such a fun trick.. Got them pretty far today

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    One foot manual is such a fun trick.. Got them pretty far today
    nice, one foot nosemanuals too? Nothing more fun than one foot nosemanuals as fast as you can go...

XBL
    TheDietTea

Never been a nose manual person maybe ill try them soon I filmed one I assume its visible because I immediately recieved hate http://youtube.com/watch?v=LxZIE96M36I

got a few no comply impossibles, baby steps, still wanna get a legit impossible

XBL
    TheDietTea

The vertical one or the 360 shuv? Ive gotten a few vertical but seems more possible because its one footed.. Id like to get the 360 shuv vertical having that sounds crazy.. would be sick though.

The vertical one or the 360 shuv? Ive gotten a few vertical but seems more possible because its one footed.. Id like to get the 360 shuv vertical having that sounds crazy.. would be sick though.
    360 shuvs are not impossibles; never believe that they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

XBL
    TheDietTea

From what ive seen its a one footed 360 shuv at an angle id like a vertical wrap around mid air type trick
    Last edited by Antwan; 08-15-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Some people use more angle than others, but an impossible is basically the board doing a backflip, wrapping around your back foot. If you look at Mullen's, they're completely vertical. The ones I were getting had a little angle to them, but definitely weren't sloppy enough to be considered 360 shuvs

From what ive seen its a one footed 360 shuv at an angle id like a vertical wrap around mid air type trick
    Now that impossibles are cool again, everybody and their mom are doing 360 shuvs with the back foot on the board and claiming it's an impossible. See 4:43

But on the other hand you've got guys like Dylan doing legit impossibles

XBL
    TheDietTea

Stand by what I said man the way they start it is like a shuv so it isnt entirely vertical

Stand by what I said man the way they start it is like a shuv so it isnt entirely vertical
    That's just ridiculous, man. No one has ever done a straight vertical impossible... because it's impossible. Human anatomy doesn't allow for it. Even Rodney's toe hook impossibles are angled, and that'd be the easiest way to do them.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I dont think it has anything to do with anatomy who can say theyve honestly tried a new approach to the impossible? Ive got them vertical with a foot planting, just give me some time.

I dont think it has anything to do with anatomy who can say theyve honestly tried a new approach to the impossible? Ive got them vertical with a foot planting, just give me some time.
    Step off impossibles are an entirely different beast because you get to step away from your back leg and the board can wrap freely and avoid the knee. When you pop it legit, you stay above the board and you can't get your leg far enough away for it to go straight up and not hit your knee/shin. People have been doing impossibles for almost 20 years now, if it could be done vertical it would have by now.

thats exactly whats happening to me trying impossibles now without the footplant. I keep hitting myself right in the inside of the knee, you need a little bit of angle.

I did a no comply impossible to manny took an hour but was well worth it

i got late front shoves this week cause of this guy .
    GT-J0RD4N KR3W/FS Bigspins

GC Accounts-J0RD4N KR3W, L4KR, MF DRAWLS, FS Bigspins
    MF JORDAN,Justin Eldridge and now Vincent Alvarez .

MORPHINE NATION

thats exactly whats happening to me trying impossibles now without the footplant. I keep hitting myself right in the inside of the knee, you need a little bit of angle.
    Are you trying them on your freestyle shape? I couldn't imagine even trying that trick without concave (yes I know it's been done, but still...), best of luck to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by MF DRAWLS View Post
    i got late front shoves this week cause of this guy .
    I have every intention of going out and learning those tomorrow.

Yeah Briden, I use my freestyle board for everything except bert slides. I've got super soft filmer wheels, so theres zero sliding out.

got a few no comply impossibles, baby steps, still wanna get a legit impossible
    since we were talking about impossibles, i thought id show one of mine. Not completely vertical but you can clearly see it wraps. (But somehow theres still people arguing that mine are 3 shoves.) Plus with 3 shoves being a trend-trick now and everyone doing them like shane oneill makes it questionable which ones are 3 shoves vs impossibles. It all comes down to the person doing the trick to actually feel the difference. i know i do impossibles and i can get it vertical at times but its not the most comfortable feeling unless its diagonal

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

how you do them Tom is, imo, the best looking ones. You've got them on lock, so clean with the rotation and all

I love Ed Templeton's impossible wich is the "legit" way.
    but i also like David Gonzalez's Impossible kinda more 3 shove like.
    mainly cause thats the way i do them. i guess i get more "pop" on em..
    (would love to do them more classy but what ever i guess) lol
    Last edited by MF JORDAN; 08-16-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: wanted to ponit out the pop joke for poops an giggles.
    GT-J0RD4N KR3W/FS Bigspins

GC Accounts-J0RD4N KR3W, L4KR, MF DRAWLS, FS Bigspins
    MF JORDAN,Justin Eldridge and now Vincent Alvarez .

MORPHINE NATION

Quote Originally Posted by experienceosiris View Post
    since we were talking about impossibles, i thought id show one of mine.
    That's what's up, real clean.

On the topic of straight vertical tricks, I found this old clip (NOT me) from a Euro S.K.A.T.E. contest a while back, really wild shit.

thats crazy...

imagine like 10 years from now, guys are gonna have that flip into grinds and stuff

XBL
    TheDietTea

Dude sick vids dudes kinda ironic you shared that briden but thats how I pictured it in my head fucking bizzare.. I have to learn it now

XBL
    TheDietTea

Wallrides on fences and one foot revert to fakie hand varial flip

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I got the signature 5-0 slash nosegrab, but on a 11 foot wall with plenty of vert and pool coping.

Wanna talk about scary?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

It's one of those "it's only scary the first time" kinds of tricks. Honestly man, if I wasn't on this end of the screen watching your progression, I probably wouldn't have started pushing myself so hard this year to do new shit in the first place. As I see it, you're still the master of personal progression, I'm just going a little bigger every time I go out.

Well, that and I have a buddy who I've gotten back into skating. On day one, dude wouldn't drop in on a 3 foot quarter I learn ALL my tricks on (curved pocket in all my vids) and now I've got him dropping in on the six foot walls and learning to carve the bowl. Hoping to get him into grinds by the end of summer. If he's with me, I'll try something really big to stoke him out. Kinda the "if he can do it, I can do it" approach.

But, it's all my homies both physical and internetal that are keeping me going. Thanks, Pawn, Antwan, and all the rest of ya's!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Just starting to really get back into skating every day again now that the snow's gone. Been getting a bunch of new tricks, feels great just thought i'd share, so what tricks have you guys been working on or just learned this season?

boneless 540 manual spin
    footplant 1640 manual spin
    1 foot 900 manual spin
    1 foot 360 shuv landing one foot
    switch hardflip
    switch tre