Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Default What new tricks have you learned this year?

Just starting to really get back into skating every day again now that the snow's gone. Been getting a bunch of new tricks, feels great just thought i'd share, so what tricks have you guys been working on or just learned this season?

boneless 540 manual spin
    footplant 1640 manual spin
    1 foot 900 manual spin
    1 foot 360 shuv landing one foot

XBL
    TheDietTea

Not sure what to call it but no comply wall kick while flipping the board with one foot did that one
    Did a Hippie wallplant.. Board under bench foot off wall beside bench
    360 reverts are hard
    1 foot 360 reverts are harder
    1 foot manuals would be cool have gotten a little distance with them
    to rail underflip.. really close to that one
    Holding my manual longer
    Landed a few wallplant fingerflips.. got lucky with a quad one..
    Pretty good so far.. variations of variations are the best.

Blazing a Trail

I finally learned how to fs flip..I really want to learn how to to more manual tricks sometime, I want to 360 flips to nose manny etc...Anything safe and not so dangerous lol

I'm going to be 26 in may and I plan on skating and learning new tricks until im to lazy to continue or an not interested in skating...

One foot mannys and one foot nose mannys.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

feel a few more new ones coming in but as of right now it would be
    nollie BS 360 shuv
    nollie BS and FS bigspins
    nollie 180 (don't go back first not sure what one it is)
    switch ollie sex change

also i'm super close to nollie tres can't wait tell i can stick em every time its sad my regular tres are pretty much non existance

Quote Originally Posted by xI blisk Ix View Post
    feel a few more new ones coming in but as of right now it would be
    nollie BS 360 shuv
    nollie BS and FS bigspins
    nollie 180 (don't go back first not sure what one it is)
    switch ollie sex change

also i'm super close to nollie tres can't wait tell i can stick em every time its sad my regular tres are pretty much non existance
    Backside and Frontside are weird when you're nollie. A nollie bigspin looks like a fakie frontside bigspin.

LASER FLIPS!! Laser flips and wallies basically. I need to skate more in real life hahaha. Oh and I got fakie big down a bit cleaner.

I got mine on film actually
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

What form of jesus are you!

Apparently the form that gets no respect
    Helen Adams Keller

i landed all these tricks...

Minglin'

The weather has actually only just started to turn nice a few weeks ago so I haven't had much time to start getting new tricks done. Spent most of my skate days on refresher courses just make sure I've still got everything I can already do. I did learn hardflips of the switch variety the other day though but I only got 2 in a row, and it only counts if you get 3 so meh. I really wanna learn cab back tails, was trying them for months last summer but kept landing in back lip. Sketchy ass trick, that.

SG what movie was that from ?
    I got like 3 of his parts on my phone right now that I watch on a regular basis before playing for inspiration. - TheBullet

The great "back to school"
    Appears that movie is 25 years old
    Helen Adams Keller

skatehead 4 president!

XBL
    TheDietTea

I was thinking about a sideways shuv it has been on my mind and I don't have to start working till the 1st
    Thinking something close to a shuv while doing a powerslide? Yet to experiment..

getting dumped

Default cat

ive been learning some front 360 shuvs, fs crooks, pivot fakies on transition and overall transition skating stuff

11' starting off good!
    I don't do drugs, I am drugs - dali

XBL
    TheDietTea

fakie pivot to no comply hardflip.. but I kept getting an extra half flip after the hardflip rotation the board bounces upside down flips and I land bolts
    got them consecutive son.. I don't know if you'd call that an underflip but it's damn fun
    to do three in a row with little speed
    working from home and mobile.. damn I'm in the business.. skating on call is what's up.

Also working on no comply impossible.. hard to get the flip completely vertical

sounds sick Antwan, you should try and post some footy some time if you can.

Lately i've been coming close to one foot 360 powerslides on flat and i've really been improving on my manual spins. My best yet was like 10 full rotations.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I tried a lot in two hours manual spins was one thing.. can't seem to get past 540s
    I'll slip up or my board goes into a 360 shuv
    Got a few flatground ollie footplants
    Yeah I don't really have a camera I could try an iphone filmer lol
    I wouldn't know what camera to buy.. and I can't seem to save in HD anymore so it would probably be for no use to buy something great, we'll see though..
    I'm really just getting back into skateboarding.. got a sal flip body varial.. did a hippie jump footplant on the side of this pole.. kinda scary it was pretty much a kick

funny you say that you can't get past 540's. I kind of consider 540 and under one trick and over 540 another. Because you can pretty much do up to 540's in one pump, but anything over you need to pump again in the rotation. Kind of like how you would hula hoop, I've found if you kinda keep pumping throughout the spin and not just at the start they feel so different, very fun...

learned a few new tricks in a few days worth of skating.
    switch ollie fs body varial
    nollie BS 180
    nollie BS big spin
    no comply pop shuv underflip

My friend just learned how to fakie 540 big spin my goal is to learn them by the end of the week keep doing bigger spins though -.-

I need to get back into skating. I've been kind of out of it, no motivation.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I'll have to try that pawn.. I usually try to use the momentum of the rewind and hold a manual.. curious though, do you tail-skid with yours?
    It looks like it in some of your footage but hard to tell at certain times.. I'm trying to stay on my wheels haha

Blisk the no comply shuv underflip? haha what? do you kick it when you are landing or is it one motion or what..
    I always thought those were interesting to watch I've only seen a few but I've seen people kick on their way down to land bolts and
    on the way up.

Yeah I hear that nolan it's more about just getting out there because it's cold as hell around here right now
    but at least it isn't raining.. being stuck inside for rain and or snow can cause some depression.. good to get out..
    and when I skate It's all about me; kinda zone everything else out.

yeah antwan, i used to scratch occasionally on the big spins, i cut that out recently. Ive really improved my manual spins lately, went from at best 4 full rotations to 8. will probably put a trick tip up at some point, quite a few tips.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Would be cool.. I've looked it up there aren't many old school trick tips that I could find sadly..
    I had seen the one foot reverts before though so I tried looking for it..
    I've tried studying videos but some things still don't click you know.

the no comply pop shuv underflip is pretty easy if you put some time into it. all you need to do is put your back foot more off the toe side than usual begin the pop shuv and when its about half way through the pop shuv rotation flip your foot up (back foot)

in this video he kinda screwed up keeping his back foot right under the board so it resulted in a late flip making him over rotate it. fun trick i recommend learning it

the no comply pop shuv underflip is pretty easy if you put some time into it. all you need to do is put your back foot more off the toe side than usual begin the pop shuv and when its about half way through the pop shuv rotation flip your foot up (back foot)

in this video he kinda screwed up keeping his back foot right under the board so it resulted in a late flip making him over rotate it. fun trick i recommend learning it

That looked real cool, gotta try those, i think i'd rather do it with a fs shuv though

I really just need new trucks. I've been riding some old Thunders that are meant for size 8s.
    Last trick I learned was No Comply front tails on curbs/parking blocks.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Went to the local park for about an hour today
    made what I like to call sketchy stalls..
    ok so I'm sure we've all walked on the board while it was sideways feet just about hanging off of the nose and tail
    it's even more fun on a transition with a fluid revert out.. did my first 360 revert today too out of a sketchy stall

not to be confused with walk the dog by the way..
    what I'm talking about is almost a scooting motion on both sides of the board rather fast the way I do it.
    Last edited by Antwan; 04-02-2011 at 02:05 PM.

pawn i think it would be a lot harder FS just because you can't use your toe to flick it as well. Then again i'm better at heelflips than kickflips so i guess i'm going against myself. Also i learned bs boardslides shuv out and bs crooks today. I'm trying to convert to a dennis busenitz style just because it makes ledge tricks so much easier

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah everyone's different man..
    I do no complys inverted in my normal stance.. hard to explain even.. I'll try to get footage sometime.

pawn i think it would be a lot harder FS just because you can't use your toe to flick it as well. Then again i'm better at heelflips than kickflips so i guess i'm going against myself. Also i learned bs boardslides shuv out and bs crooks today. I'm trying to convert to a dennis busenitz style just because it makes ledge tricks so much easier
    I prefer skating fast as fuck, too. I was never really a huge gap person, but I have really high ollies and I like to do tricks over stuff. Only thing bad about skating fast, the faster you skate, the harder you fall.

yeah, im definitely more comfortable with the no comply fs shuv, got em pretty much on lock, curbs, into manuals ect, but your right it would make the flip harder, but i think i'd late heel out of a no comply fs before i no comply bs shuv underflip.

Quote Originally Posted by nolan1053 View Post
    I prefer skating fast as fuck, too. I was never really a huge gap person, but I have really high ollies and I like to do tricks over stuff. Only thing bad about skating fast, the faster you skate, the harder you fall.
    yeah and it makes the road rash that much worse but hopefully it will make a good story when the girls ask about it

yeah pawn just mess with it you'll get it eventually i've been trying to learn a heelflip under laser fip kinda thing

yeah and it makes the road rash that much worse but hopefully it will make a good story when the girls ask about it
    Yeah i love the fast skating too every once in a while. But yeah roadrash sucks haha

XBL
    TheDietTea

"Im actually feeling pretty good right now" haha
    I've bailed at high speed but not that fast..
    all I know is with a decent amount of speed cooking up when you bail it's more of a whiplash than anything
    almost like a state of numb that hurts later.

im gonna skate with Mustafiz filming tomorrow morning for like 20 mins, should have a nice little flatground vid by the end of the weekend if all goes well

I was trying to fakie flip this loading ramp not too long ago, but you need to get pulled by a car doing it. So I was hauling ass switch and hit a crack or a pebble or something going up the ramp and flew and landed directly on my left shoulder.
    Skating fast is scary but so much fun.