Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I really just need new trucks. I've been riding some old Thunders that are meant for size 8s.
    Last trick I learned was No Comply front tails on curbs/parking blocks.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

XBL
    TheDietTea

Went to the local park for about an hour today
    made what I like to call sketchy stalls..
    ok so I'm sure we've all walked on the board while it was sideways feet just about hanging off of the nose and tail
    it's even more fun on a transition with a fluid revert out.. did my first 360 revert today too out of a sketchy stall

not to be confused with walk the dog by the way..
    what I'm talking about is almost a scooting motion on both sides of the board rather fast the way I do it.
    Last edited by Antwan; 04-02-2011 at 02:05 PM.

pawn i think it would be a lot harder FS just because you can't use your toe to flick it as well. Then again i'm better at heelflips than kickflips so i guess i'm going against myself. Also i learned bs boardslides shuv out and bs crooks today. I'm trying to convert to a dennis busenitz style just because it makes ledge tricks so much easier

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah everyone's different man..
    I do no complys inverted in my normal stance.. hard to explain even.. I'll try to get footage sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by xI blisk Ix View Post
    pawn i think it would be a lot harder FS just because you can't use your toe to flick it as well. Then again i'm better at heelflips than kickflips so i guess i'm going against myself. Also i learned bs boardslides shuv out and bs crooks today. I'm trying to convert to a dennis busenitz style just because it makes ledge tricks so much easier
    I prefer skating fast as fuck, too. I was never really a huge gap person, but I have really high ollies and I like to do tricks over stuff. Only thing bad about skating fast, the faster you skate, the harder you fall.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

Quote Originally Posted by nolan1053 View Post
    I prefer skating fast as fuck, too. I was never really a huge gap person, but I have really high ollies and I like to do tricks over stuff. Only thing bad about skating fast, the faster you skate, the harder you fall.
    yeah and it makes the road rash that much worse but hopefully it will make a good story when the girls ask about it

yeah pawn just mess with it you'll get it eventually i've been trying to learn a heelflip under laser fip kinda thing

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

yeah and it makes the road rash that much worse but hopefully it will make a good story when the girls ask about it
    Yeah i love the fast skating too every once in a while. But yeah roadrash sucks haha

XBL
    TheDietTea

"Im actually feeling pretty good right now" haha
    I've bailed at high speed but not that fast..
    all I know is with a decent amount of speed cooking up when you bail it's more of a whiplash than anything
    almost like a state of numb that hurts later.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

yeah, im definitely more comfortable with the no comply fs shuv, got em pretty much on lock, curbs, into manuals ect, but your right it would make the flip harder, but i think i'd late heel out of a no comply fs before i no comply bs shuv underflip.