Thread: Our future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't Worry, Be Happy Cookiesupporter's Avatar

Fluckit really shouldn't die. I mean I don't post that much, but I still check the site daily. I like it here

Gt: Cookiesupporter
    Fb: Simon Luebeck
    I did it all for the cookie

My convo with Cuz today

ME:

Sorry to bother you on this, but I'm guessing you might know someone who knows something? We can't access reel clips or caps online for almost 2 weeks. Since I'm the admin at Fluckit ands it's arguably the most viewed source for info anymore, I was wondering if I could pass along any info. Thanks dude

CUZ:

Hey Brian,

Unfortunately, since I have absolutely nothing to do with EA anymore...I actually don't have any info. I do know a few people, but the ones I know have moved on to other projects. When I left in October, there was a real sense that no-one cared about the game at all. They were gearing up for their Black Ops SSX and didn't give a rat's ass about Skate.

Bummer...I suspect fixing Skate reel is pretty low priority if a priority at all. I'll email someone, but I'm thinking y'all/we need to keep at customer service.

Sorry...this rips my heart out, because Skate was our baby. Ugh.

ME:

Thanks dude, as I'm sure your guessing, this is not good news to all our buds. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Keep rolling bro

CUZ:

Yeah, it sux for me, too. We...The Oak Street Locs...were starting up a new vid. Hopefully someone will fix this...it kills me. Truly kills me.

ME:

yeah dude that just plain sux. We were doing a final OATS X (10 btw haha) is was gonna be special. Me and Pawn have means of still recording. But Tubs was saving his clips up and going to get a little xbox $ card thing and upload in one day cuz hes saving his bread for college. Oh well from me and the rest of the (now practically crying comunity because I shared your response) we thank you man, met a lot of really cool peeps

If I hear anything, so will you
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Guys, wether I get to actually know you or not, in the couple weeks since I've joined I've kicked myself for not getting in on this community earlier. This seems to be the most pure thing out in gaming, I struggle to call it art, but the sharing of our work and development/progression from it... It's like, REAL skating was when I was a kid and had other friends that skated, too. I hope you guys keep this up until the end, and I hope I can get the means to grab a cap card and keep at it with ya'll. Keep up doing what you all do, it's freaking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

this saddens me truly...i dont play that often anymore but i come here everday. pretty much a home haha. hopefully the people who do still play and enjoy it will get a cap card. i enjoy watching everyone of the videos that come out over here. real or fake.

i sure as fuck am not done with this game yet, i wanted to release at least two more full vids, and i really wanted to relaunch baroque.

still have tonnes of clips saved on my computer, and a list of stuff i wanna film specifically for the next stingray vid too...

Plus e.a. can't just kill our servers yet, they need to give us at least 30 days notice. but considering we paid for more server space (those with the filmer pack), and considering skate.create being such a big selling point with this game, i really don't see how they can kill them off, without a fight at least.

anyway, i know i've not been around as long as most of you but this place feels like home and all you guys are just as obsessed with skateboarding (fake and real) as me, so i'm sure not going anywhere

psn: adda89ldn
    fb: if you're in the fluckit fb group just look for adriano in the members list.

Fluckit is fine...

Its up to us to keep it alive for at least the next few years.... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember Demz saying he had some sort of 7 year contract for running the site.

As for skate videos...

I know you OGs are dead tired of Skate 2 (probably).. but I say we film our asses off for skate 2 while its working. Skate 3 is looking dead... its criminal, but real. Unfortunately I blew my cap card money on more games.....

gt: TG Marco Polo

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    Fluckit is fine...

Its up to us to keep it alive for at least the next few years.... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember Demz saying he had some sort of 7 year contract for running the site.

As for skate videos...

I know you OGs are dead tired of Skate 2 (probably).. but I say we film our asses off for skate 2 while its working. Skate 3 is looking dead... its criminal, but real. Unfortunately I blew my cap card money on more games.....

gt: TG Marco Polo
    Hmm... Skate 2 again, eh? It's been quite a while. Maybe this is our silver lining?!

Where do we go for the S2 Reel? I just surfed the EA site... And go figure... Nothin'.
    Last edited by DonVigo; 04-04-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.