Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our future

Default Our future

A lot of "I think this or I think that" going around
    I passed allong the question to Cuz this morning so hopefully we may get some concrete answer/answers.
    I still have hope and I think we will get it back until I hear otherwise from a reliable source. Plus with cap cards, our "art" can still be done.
    If I'm wrong this will without a doubt be the beginning of the end.
    It doesn't have to be the end of our comunity.
    I have enjoyed meeting a lot of the people envolved with this game and hope to continue to do so.
    We can continue to have a comunity that shares similar interests. We can always change this site in anyway to do so. Most if not all of us share the love for skateboarding and for me at least fluckit has been one of if not the biggest source for any skateboard related info/videos

My gt is thesignguy
    Fb is Brian McClenahan

Your thoughts?
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Definitely interested to hear any heads up.
    Gonna have to save some scratch for the PVR card since I don't have $200 just extra with house bills and such taking precedence.
    I'm here for the longhaul since I like the community, love the game series, and simply have a passion for skateboarding.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

fluckit is one hell of a community, its not just fakeskating or related videos, its a 2nd home for "old fucks" (but not only) loving skateboarding and everything related to that. even with servers dying you can still have a hell of a time here

i <3 fluckit

gt / psn: fallingskyline
    fb: frank genet
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Don't Worry, Be Happy Cookiesupporter's Avatar

Fluckit really shouldn't die. I mean I don't post that much, but I still check the site daily. I like it here

Gt: Cookiesupporter
    Fb: Simon Luebeck
    I did it all for the cookie

My convo with Cuz today

ME:

Sorry to bother you on this, but I'm guessing you might know someone who knows something? We can't access reel clips or caps online for almost 2 weeks. Since I'm the admin at Fluckit ands it's arguably the most viewed source for info anymore, I was wondering if I could pass along any info. Thanks dude

CUZ:

Hey Brian,

Unfortunately, since I have absolutely nothing to do with EA anymore...I actually don't have any info. I do know a few people, but the ones I know have moved on to other projects. When I left in October, there was a real sense that no-one cared about the game at all. They were gearing up for their Black Ops SSX and didn't give a rat's ass about Skate.

Bummer...I suspect fixing Skate reel is pretty low priority if a priority at all. I'll email someone, but I'm thinking y'all/we need to keep at customer service.

Sorry...this rips my heart out, because Skate was our baby. Ugh.

ME:

Thanks dude, as I'm sure your guessing, this is not good news to all our buds. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Keep rolling bro

CUZ:

Yeah, it sux for me, too. We...The Oak Street Locs...were starting up a new vid. Hopefully someone will fix this...it kills me. Truly kills me.

ME:

yeah dude that just plain sux. We were doing a final OATS X (10 btw haha) is was gonna be special. Me and Pawn have means of still recording. But Tubs was saving his clips up and going to get a little xbox $ card thing and upload in one day cuz hes saving his bread for college. Oh well from me and the rest of the (now practically crying comunity because I shared your response) we thank you man, met a lot of really cool peeps

If I hear anything, so will you
    Helen Adams Keller

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Guys, wether I get to actually know you or not, in the couple weeks since I've joined I've kicked myself for not getting in on this community earlier. This seems to be the most pure thing out in gaming, I struggle to call it art, but the sharing of our work and development/progression from it... It's like, REAL skating was when I was a kid and had other friends that skated, too. I hope you guys keep this up until the end, and I hope I can get the means to grab a cap card and keep at it with ya'll. Keep up doing what you all do, it's freaking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

this saddens me truly...i dont play that often anymore but i come here everday. pretty much a home haha. hopefully the people who do still play and enjoy it will get a cap card. i enjoy watching everyone of the videos that come out over here. real or fake.

i sure as fuck am not done with this game yet, i wanted to release at least two more full vids, and i really wanted to relaunch baroque.

still have tonnes of clips saved on my computer, and a list of stuff i wanna film specifically for the next stingray vid too...

Plus e.a. can't just kill our servers yet, they need to give us at least 30 days notice. but considering we paid for more server space (those with the filmer pack), and considering skate.create being such a big selling point with this game, i really don't see how they can kill them off, without a fight at least.

anyway, i know i've not been around as long as most of you but this place feels like home and all you guys are just as obsessed with skateboarding (fake and real) as me, so i'm sure not going anywhere

psn: adda89ldn
    fb: if you're in the fluckit fb group just look for adriano in the members list.

Fluckit is fine...

Its up to us to keep it alive for at least the next few years.... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember Demz saying he had some sort of 7 year contract for running the site.

As for skate videos...

I know you OGs are dead tired of Skate 2 (probably).. but I say we film our asses off for skate 2 while its working. Skate 3 is looking dead... its criminal, but real. Unfortunately I blew my cap card money on more games.....

gt: TG Marco Polo

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    Fluckit is fine...

Its up to us to keep it alive for at least the next few years.... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember Demz saying he had some sort of 7 year contract for running the site.

As for skate videos...

I know you OGs are dead tired of Skate 2 (probably).. but I say we film our asses off for skate 2 while its working. Skate 3 is looking dead... its criminal, but real. Unfortunately I blew my cap card money on more games.....

gt: TG Marco Polo
    Hmm... Skate 2 again, eh? It's been quite a while. Maybe this is our silver lining?!

Where do we go for the S2 Reel? I just surfed the EA site... And go figure... Nothin'.
    Last edited by DonVigo; 04-04-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

I tried uploading skate 2 footage yesterday and failed, it said I was out of server space even when I wasn't.

But I'm hoping someone else can prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    I tried uploading skate 2 footage yesterday and failed, it said I was out of server space even when I wasn't.

But I'm hoping someone else can prove me wrong.
    i've been uploading stuff in s2 all of last week.

I'm equally stoked that it works, and bummed that it doesn't work for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by adda89ldn View Post
    Bless you, good sir.

Just got more from cuz
    Doin this from my iPhone so bare with me

New Message
    S3 reel
    Back to Messages Mark as Unread Report Spam Delete
    Between Cuz Parry and You
    Earlier Messages

Cuz Parry April 4 at 12:24pm Report
    Hey Brian,

Unfortunately, since I have absolutely nothing to do with EA anymore...I actually don't have any info. I do know a few people, but the ones I know have moved on to other projects. When I left in October, there was a real sense that no-one cared about the game at all. They were gearing up for their Black Ops SSX and didn't give a rat's ass about Skate.

Bummer...I suspect fixing Skate reel is pretty low priority if a priority at all. I'll email someone, but I'm thinking y'all/we need to keep at customer service.

Sorry...this rips my heart out, because Skate was our baby. Ugh.

Brian McClenahan April 4 at 12:29pm
    Thanks dude, as I'm sure your guessing, this is not good news to all our buds. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Keep rolling bro

Cuz Parry April 4 at 12:57pm Report
    Yeah, it sux for me, too. We...The Oak Street Locs...were starting up a new vid. Hopefully someone will fix this...it kills me. Truly kills me.

Brian McClenahan April 4 at 1:03pm
    yeah dude that just plain sux. We were doing a final OATS X (10 btw haha) is was gonna be special. Me and Pawn have means of still recording. But Tubs was saving his clips up and going to get a little xbox $ card thing and upload in one day cuz hes saving his bread for college. Oh well from me and the rest of the (now practically crying comunity because I shared your response) we thank you man, met a lot of really cool peeps

Cuz Parry April 4 at 7:18pm Report
    Last ditch email to some people left at EA...and they do know about it now, (the right people evidently didn't realize there was a problem) and might be able to get it fixed. No promises...but at least it's on a person's radar that has the skill to fix it. Whether or not it gets fixed, who knows?.... fingers crossed.

Brian McClenahan April 4 at 7:44pm
    Wow man. At least a shred of hope. I can't thank you enough even if you feel like it wasn't much, it means a lot to a bunch of us that really get geeked out on this thing you helped bring to life. Your good people, I share this with the whole comunity.
    Reply:

Attach:

Back to Messages
    Helen Adams Keller

that is awesome news!let's keep hoping for the best.

I should probably stop uploading clips then, hah.

Time to start looking for a cap card if it is down forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    replicant#2618

Always nice to have hope.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

We need to get our word to IGN. How can we submit articles?

We also need numbers in order to really push towards a reasonable solution.

our future...
    fluckit..
    you..
    me...

people that want to play regardless of reel or capture cards..
    people that dont make as many vids but comment every other day...
    people that love the series...

have years of fun ahead of them...

when reel finally dies those with cap cards with carry the flame till others can catch back up...
    when the servers die and theres no more cap sharing it will turn to pictures and descriptions....
    when the gc dies, blank decks or pro boards and still keep us virtually rolling...

we are not dead..
    we are not dieing...
    at this point it sounds like fluckit is loosing hope and its pissing me off...

ive had fun with skateboardings games without cap cards for years before skate...

regardless if i own on now...

i REFUSE to stop enjoying myself...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    our future...
    i REFUSE to stop enjoying myself...
    I 100% agree with this statement.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    we are not dead..
    we are not dieing...
    at this point it sounds like fluckit is loosing hope and its pissing me off...
    THIS.

wtf is going on here? Even if reel is down, fluckit isn't going anywhere

reel dies. ok? If you don't have a cap card, collab with someone who does. WE CAN SWAP CAMERAS REMEMBER? There's enough cap carders here that this isn't going anywhere. And i'm embarrassed of ye' who have lost faith so quickly.

edit: btw... reel works again... noobz
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

I don't really see were anyone gave up hope? I just read everything, besides heads (jokingly I'm sure) DOORS video, everyone was pretty willing to stick around, buy cap cards, play S2. Not sure I get were people were giving up but maybe I missed something. The whole point of the thread was to explain that fluckit will always be here and to post your FB and GT so we can trade and keep in touch, the hope was being givin up everywhere BUT here. That was why I started this thread.

Anyway..... this is the last part of my conversation with Cuz

ME:

It's back!!! Not sure if this little convo had anything to do with it, but i'd like to think it did. Can't wait for the locs video. I will go on my way now, thank you again

CUZ:

Umm...yep...it did. The right people had to know about the problem. The disconnect between EA customer service and the surviving Skate team members is pretty huge. Like I said, those still at EA that made Skate still love it and are proud of what we all built...it's just that they are working on other games and tasked with other responsibilities.

Like I also said...I don't work there...and thought someone would have figured out there was a problem. With a little prompting they did. Crisis averted...for now. Let's carpe that diem and get filming

I plan on giving a thank you back to him so if anyone has anything to say post it in here and i will forward it on to him
    Helen Adams Keller

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    I plan on giving a thank you back to him so if anyone has anything to say post it in here and i will forward it on to him
    Put it in the We Are Fluckit video.
    Cuz is the man
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    Put it in the We Are Fluckit video.
    Cuz is the man
    what is that again? i forget. it was so long ago.

but seriously thanks for talking to him sg.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Good to see it back up. Still going to pursue my data cable idea.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

if i can at any point in time im buying a cap card i can hook up to my mac for the day skate.create inevitably goes kaput.

psn:i_am_a_snail
    fb:alex freeburg

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

hahaha skatehead

You know, i'm a total noob in the community, i've only been into making vids and doing graphics ETC since the end of november 09 and only active in forums for about a year as I always just did my own thing on YT

I found fluckit through people on the ea site recommending it (marcopolo to be precise), and since joining, i love it here. This for me is where the communuty is at, everyone is cool, and relaxed, you get decent constructive feedback and people actively look to help each other out, so i'm deffo gonna fight kicking and screaming to keep any part of this alive. Reading the messages above it seems you alll feel the same, so its all good :-)

Fluckin' Hatchling

I agree with Deacon 100%. The community has become quite hostile lately, which is why I am not sad to leave. But I still believe that the community is far from over, people think that since S3 is "gay" that that means the skate community has fallen apart? What, just because innout leaves means the community has no back bone? I think not, I think we are farrr from done.

I don't know what it is about the community on YT, some of them seem to spend more time hating on people they dont know than concentrating on putitng out good content, its a shame as there are some really good players/editors on there who get lost in the bullshit sometimes.

cap card...
    Last edited by Skatehead; 05-08-2011 at 12:41 AM.

the rad ones left

XBL
    TheDietTea

It died because Cuz left

Definitely going to start making videos again. Haven't done anything since I was on Catface... or Frequency. Either one.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    the rad ones left
    Which is why you're still here...

ha!

touché

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    It died because Cuz left
    because cuz is the only one that worked on anything