Thread: A little theory about time and space...

Blazing a Trail SeksulChokolate's Avatar
    PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

Default A little theory about time and space...

Recently, I developed a theory regarding the notion that time and space have no beginning and no end. The idea is relatively simple and can be explained with nothing more than a line.

So here it is:

Let's say you have a line...

Now from our perspective we can clearly see a definite beginning and end of the line...
    Now say one is to cut the line into halves over and over again...
    Theoretically, the line would never stop being cut into two because each piece that is created from the split can be split into two once more.

What this means is that although from our perspective the line has a starting and ending point, the line is, in fact, an infinite shape with no beginning or end.

So what does this mean?

Well, philosophers and scientist often use lines to represent the idea of time and space. In theory, if a line, from one perspective, can have a definite beginning and end, but from a perspective much smaller than our own have the appearance of being infinitesimal, can't the same apply to time and space?

From our perspective the two may not seem to have two end points, but from another larger perspective, the two may have two end points.

Let me know what you think...
    I'm just rambling.
    Hoodlum: Threat

XBL
    TheDietTea

This kind've thinking can be fun but it's kinda like that movie where jim carrey goes crazy haha
    maybe not as intense but I get lost in thought sometimes..
    You can apply theories to whatever you want, but according to common knowledge something without "Fact" Is Fiction
    This is what I like to call the thought process of stupid intelligence.

Here's what gets me though.. "Fact" was made by someone; it had no meaning at one point..
    Everything is pre-defined and that's the way it is, right?

I answered your theory with a question..
    it never ends..

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Reminds me of this:

Albert Camus wrote that the only serious question is whether to kill yourself or not.
    Tom Robbins wrote that the only serious question is whether time has a beginning and an end.
    Camus clearly got up on the wrong side of the bed, and Robbins must have forgotten to set the alarm.
    There is only one serious question. And that is: Who knows how to make love stay?
    Answer me that and I will tell you whether or not to kill yourself.
    Answer me that and I will ease your mind about the beginning and the end of time.
    Tom Robbins (Still Life with Woodpecker)
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Blazing a Trail

I love this topic and seriously think there's something to it!

OP, Do searches for String Theory, M theory, Dimensions, worm holes, ACTUAL time travel, Parallel Universes, etc etc..

You'll all be amazed at how close Quantum Psychics is getting to proving these theories. Many will of course be wrong, but ALL of them blow the mind!

I personally lean towards the idea that we live in a frequency or sort of radio wave. Sightings of Ghosts, Big Foot, UFO's, etc etc I think are real but are the result of us accidentally tapping into their frequency when we see/hear them. It's kinda like when cell phones first came out SOME times you could hear someone else in conversation by accident (your frequency crossed theirs).

great thread. skate= type of art= science?

have any of you heard of schrodingers cat probability theorem?
    basically, you put a cat in a box, along with enough food and water to last the cat 'x' amoun of time. you also put in a poison gas that will trigger at a random time during 'x' amount of time. you cant see into the box or hear inside te box.

halfway through 'x', the cat, in probability, is 50% dead and 50 percent alive, until you open the box, when it changes to either on or the other. of course this is related to another theory, "by observing something you change it" but thats for another day.