Thread: Ideas to competition.

Default Ideas to competition.

Yo fluckers..i just had an idea to some competition from finnish skatemag called hangup and thought it would be nice to do in skate community
    I just want your opinions about it. What it sounds ? Is it worth of anything ? I mean s3 street league thing fucked up...
    Okay !

Competition idea; Need 10-20 active fakeskaters. there will be four or five lists of challenges/objects. Maybe 10-20 objects in every list. Lists would include mostly tricks or spots.

There will be object-list like from different spots of port carverton. T.ex "bricklynn banks full pipe gap". there could be three different tricks to do in that spot ranked with different points by difficulty. 1p could be pretty easy trick like fs flip for example, 2p should be little harder and 3p hard trick enough to get competitors cry.

Another list could be special objects-list. T.ex. There will be object "do nosegrind to 10 stair handrail". It would be always 3points from special object.

third list could be random stuff like "do no comply wallride to memorial park pillar" or "get up to roof of hotel building"

And no CAPs, only in port carverton. More that kind of objects and different object-lists. Competitors films objects they can do and send their footage/done objects to judge/judges like me and judges will match their points and disqualify wrong objects. Then there will be winner.
    So, guys...what it sounds ? I cant do this alone. I dont have any prizes for winners so would there be interest for race without prizes ? Tell me your opinion and ideas. About name ? Pointing ? About lists, tricks, rankings ? About anything ? If someone wants to help me, PM or send something here.. Ok ? Theres no stupid ideas and opinions, theres just too stupid wiltzuh to progress them...
    Last edited by Wiltzuh; 03-02-2011 at 01:00 PM.

I think there wouldnt be matter of console cause its only in port carverton. I think megaupload using skill would be required from possible competitors

Kinda sounds like a King of the Road.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

Quote Originally Posted by nolan1053 View Post
    Fluck yeah i thought i have seen this also somewhere else than in skatemag and that was it ! King of the mothherfluckin pc

Quote Originally Posted by nolan1053 View Post
    This was my first thought, too.

I think a compilation video at the end would be enough of a prize. Require everyone to submit the raw .FLV files to the judges, then at the end have the results in the final video (again, like KOTR).
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

PSN
    nigarachi_sijupo

Ayoo i know StingRAySB is down for this shit

Quote Originally Posted by KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R View Post
    Ayoo i know StingRAySB is down for this shit
    orly?

PSN
    nigarachi_sijupo

Quote Originally Posted by adda89ldn View Post
    orly?
    with all the HESH mofos we have on the team well be like cons

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

i'd judge, if you want me to
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    i'd judge, if you want me to
    well i possibly need some help with judging and especially matching those points up...if u have anything to ask...PM me or Briden. We're doin this together. Maybe something coming out soon =)

So is there no individuality to this? correct me if i'm mistaken, but it sounds like you'll basically tell whoever is in this to hit this spot and do it this exact way.

I'm not a fan of being trapped into such matters, but I hope i'm wrong.

and I hope you stick to finishing this if it happens, the only person to finish their own competition so far is prowlin and ripper, to my knowledge.

ill and vibez, if you ever read this, get off the pooper and finish it already, hah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    So is there no individuality to this? correct me if i'm mistaken, but it sounds like you'll basically tell whoever is in this to hit this spot and do it this exact way.

and I hope you stick to finishing this if it happens, the only person to finish their own competition so far is prowlin and ripper, to my knowledge.

ill and vibez, if you ever read this, get off the pooper and finish it already, hah.
    yeah i know that...excactly ! my street league competition went down january so as you can see, i'm ASKING people opinions in this thread =)
    I'm not sure is it worth of having. I and Briden would be ready to finish that...it's all about competitors =)

There will be multiple trick lists for certain spots, but there's plenty more besides that. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say it's inspired by Thrasher's KOTR, but definitely not a direct rip-off.

There's always room for individuality, but the hardest part is judging stuff like style, filming, etc. I had an idea like "Filming, style, overall presentation will count only in the result of a tie." But nothing is final, and feedback is appreciated if you think there's a better way of doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

I would love to be in if you want me, but is xbox ok?

Quote Originally Posted by BannerBoy360 View Post
    I would love to be in if you want me, but is xbox ok?
    Sure...we may need some help but this is progressing really slowly because i have billions of other projects up and ea.site is failing...impossible to get footage without CAP card. I PM you when help is needed =) thx

I gotta agree with Derk. Not creative enough for me to want to try. Plus anyone can just keep trying untill they get it. It would have to be more like a live in-game challenges and you have a time limit to do it. And getting online with a bunch of peeps is just a lot or work

Great ida. Love the scavenger hunt concept. Room for creativity is a must, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by BladderBoy View Post
    Great ida. Love the scavenger hunt concept. Room for creativity is a must, i think.
    BB do you think LB would do little article for the winner. Like 1 size or half ? Because it would give more interest to try more for win ? I would really appreciate it ! But yes, first we have to finish primary projects...there's so much of them and Ea site sucking...so it may take time to start working with this. I and Briden have already challenges but personally i dont have time to keep this yet because of School, real skateboarding and other projects. I really want to do this when i have time =D

i'm down. sounds way legit
    Hesitation.....Kills