Thread: For the new gen: What is Fluckit style?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    i_am_a_snail

what knex said pretty much

with a lil effort and thought your films can go along way...

film good...

get buck...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

yeah, pretty much what Knex said, just do what you do well. Be it filming, editing, creativity, style, difficulty, just have something, and put in time and effort because it shows.

Oh, and quality over quantity, i'd rather watch a short part full of stuff that took you forever than a full part with filler and accidentals.

Everyone here on fluckit has different likes and dislikes, just like anywhere else. Low Pop, High Pop, Realistic, ULTRA Realistic, Superman Double Back Flips... doesn't really matter as long as you're doing it stylishly. Anyone who says you MUST have "X" style doesn't get how fluckit rolls.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

One beauty of fluckit is: there is no one style. Just a bunch of dudes bringing there own flavor to the site. There is no conforming to one specific style here, because everyone does what they want to do.

Regardless of how you go about it, effort is what makes a video. If your video was lacking, someone will give you a tip on how to improve.

Just do what you do, and feel free to ask for help.
    youtube.com/tacoman1337

At fluckit...

we contribute.

we produce.

Some people say what they want, but the conversation stays mature. Some people dick ride just because everyone else thinks so and so is good. Positive reguardless. Film and skate with effort. Have fun... always.

if whatever you do puts a smile on your face,then that's what should matter.for me seeing other people's different styles and creativity helps me improve and gives me ideas and motivation.bottom line is that no matter the effect this game and community has on you,it should first and foremost be fun.fluckit does a good job with that in my opinion.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by TACOPUNISH3R View Post
    One beauty of fluckit is: there is no one style. Just a bunch of dudes bringing there own flavor to the site. There is no conforming to one specific style here, because everyone does what they want to do.

Regardless of how you go about it, effort is what makes a video. If your video was lacking, someone will give you a tip on how to improve.

Just do what you do, and feel free to ask for help.
    In that case, I guess I'll just suck up my pride and ask... What the fluck does a guy have to do to get some feedback on his work around here?!

I'd like to think I've really gotten into a good stride, and a large part of that comes from observing the vets' work and trying to pick up on the styles that inspire me to go sink hours into my box rather than my local park, but aside from my homies (who I love, don't get me wrong) from my other community, I'm getting fluckall for critiques. I'm not sure if it's a matter of being well enough known to get a crowd to watch my stuff, or if the lack of commentary is for the sake of "it's okay," but I was REALLY hoping some of the guys I'm e-looking up to could give me a little push to get to their level.

I don't want to come off like a whiney bitch or anything, but like I said, I came here to improve my efforts in this quasi-art, and I'm sure I do a little bit at a time, but I know there's some dudes with a badooky of tricks in their sleeves around here... And I'd love to have some of them in mine.

That being said, I just hope I'm contributing enough to be worth the whine. I live my life by the "don't be that guy" rule, and bringing this up makes me feel like "that guy."
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Just keep posting man. Post replies to others vids, be honest but polite with your critiques. Try to see about seshing with others and keep putting out vids. Even if you're not getting feedback, you're likely getting views. Eventually you'll get what you're looking for.

Though, I generally get less than 10 replies per vid posted so I may not be the example to follow lol.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

damn, i love this community (=

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    In that case, I guess I'll just suck up my pride and ask... What the fluck does a guy have to do to get some feedback on his work around here?!

I'd like to think I've really gotten into a good stride, and a large part of that comes from observing the vets' work and trying to pick up on the styles that inspire me to go sink hours into my box rather than my local park, but aside from my homies (who I love, don't get me wrong) from my other community, I'm getting fluckall for critiques. I'm not sure if it's a matter of being well enough known to get a crowd to watch my stuff, or if the lack of commentary is for the sake of "it's okay," but I was REALLY hoping some of the guys I'm e-looking up to could give me a little push to get to their level.

I don't want to come off like a whiney bitch or anything, but like I said, I came here to improve my efforts in this quasi-art, and I'm sure I do a little bit at a time, but I know there's some dudes with a badooky of tricks in their sleeves around here... And I'd love to have some of them in mine.

That being said, I just hope I'm contributing enough to be worth the whine. I live my life by the "don't be that guy" rule, and bringing this up makes me feel like "that guy."
    i'd say just keep at it, if you are getting better and improving the views and comments will come.
    There's just tonnes of guys here that have been making great vids for years,(im sure for some guys it's in the hundreds)
    its not fair to the new guys, a lot of decent, or even good vids can get overlooked.

Speaking personally, and not about your vids, but just in general. If I can't get through the whole video, if there were no real "banger" tricks and it was just good or average I tend to not say anything. Nobody wants to give a purely negative review, as constructive and polite as it may be, especially the way some people take criticism.

Usually what i look for in a video is just having your own unique style, no matter what it is, tricks that are difficult, one of a kind or just real smooth. The edit and filming have never been as important to me, its icing on the cake but vids with the focus on the skating will always be my favorite. I enjoy vids from people with all different styles, and amazing editing and filming can go a long way.

New ones will almost always be overlooked...

until they get a chance...

I got my guidance. You'll get yours. I like you because you are involved. Keep posting, make your name old, and you'll get your views. Don I can see that you'll be one of the significant shredders of the new generation. Stick around and you'll eventually shape your own style.
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 04-22-2011 at 02:09 PM.

shit, I know I'm a new guy and all but I'd say just going into a lobby online with friends and just having chill sessions going for tricks and lines, just fucking around! Personally I love getting tech on ledges and innovating/doing stuff people haven't done as much. Key word - Creativity.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Fluckit Style is tha best style...... regardless of actual skating style everyone gets a little props from time to time (ea wasnt really like that, more negative stuff)

like all others have said Fluckit Style (from what I can tell), is about supporting each other, and doing what makes you Happy/Have Fun

Im newer (started in Skate 3), I think most people know who I am now (....most), BUT I never got there by going on live with people.......
    I just did my Own Thing (Fluckit Style), made vids, made parks and graphics (always doing things for my enjoyment not others), and eventually people caught on and started to dig my shit

I was never here to become "known" either, if you keep doing your thing and making vids for fun, then you will be here for a while

and cool thing about fluckit is..... for the most part, everyone gets the credit they deserve

dont get caught up in the little bogus stuff, and do your OWN thing AND FUN WILL COME

Ill be watching for your next video no doubt