Thread: For the new gen: What is Fluckit style?

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Default For the new gen: What is Fluckit style?

Hey all, I've already learned a lot from watching the vets' vids that's influencing my new work, but I was just asking... What is acceptable to the Fluckit guys?

I've seen some talk of a new generation coming on, and being new, I'm probably part of it. Not that I'd personally follow every letter to the T, but I'm curious what you guys like and dislike in terms of styles?

Might save some of us new guys some trial and error, and the established set some wasted youtubing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

personally I don't care what you do, as long as you do it well
    if you've put thought into whatever you've done, it shows- and the other way around
    never been a fan of random tricks... (I'm not speaking for fluckit, I'm speaking for myself)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

What is Fluckit style?

quitting.

do anything you wanna do.

I suggest focus on low popping. And think outside the box. That's pretty much how I go about it and id like to think im good at fake skating

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Fluckit style = having fun

period

/thread
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

what knex said pretty much

with a lil effort and thought your films can go along way...

film good...

get buck...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

yeah, pretty much what Knex said, just do what you do well. Be it filming, editing, creativity, style, difficulty, just have something, and put in time and effort because it shows.

Oh, and quality over quantity, i'd rather watch a short part full of stuff that took you forever than a full part with filler and accidentals.

Everyone here on fluckit has different likes and dislikes, just like anywhere else. Low Pop, High Pop, Realistic, ULTRA Realistic, Superman Double Back Flips... doesn't really matter as long as you're doing it stylishly. Anyone who says you MUST have "X" style doesn't get how fluckit rolls.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

One beauty of fluckit is: there is no one style. Just a bunch of dudes bringing there own flavor to the site. There is no conforming to one specific style here, because everyone does what they want to do.

Regardless of how you go about it, effort is what makes a video. If your video was lacking, someone will give you a tip on how to improve.

Just do what you do, and feel free to ask for help.
    youtube.com/tacoman1337

At fluckit...

we contribute.

we produce.

Some people say what they want, but the conversation stays mature. Some people dick ride just because everyone else thinks so and so is good. Positive reguardless. Film and skate with effort. Have fun... always.

if whatever you do puts a smile on your face,then that's what should matter.for me seeing other people's different styles and creativity helps me improve and gives me ideas and motivation.bottom line is that no matter the effect this game and community has on you,it should first and foremost be fun.fluckit does a good job with that in my opinion.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by TACOPUNISH3R View Post
    One beauty of fluckit is: there is no one style. Just a bunch of dudes bringing there own flavor to the site. There is no conforming to one specific style here, because everyone does what they want to do.

Regardless of how you go about it, effort is what makes a video. If your video was lacking, someone will give you a tip on how to improve.

Just do what you do, and feel free to ask for help.
    In that case, I guess I'll just suck up my pride and ask... What the fluck does a guy have to do to get some feedback on his work around here?!

I'd like to think I've really gotten into a good stride, and a large part of that comes from observing the vets' work and trying to pick up on the styles that inspire me to go sink hours into my box rather than my local park, but aside from my homies (who I love, don't get me wrong) from my other community, I'm getting fluckall for critiques. I'm not sure if it's a matter of being well enough known to get a crowd to watch my stuff, or if the lack of commentary is for the sake of "it's okay," but I was REALLY hoping some of the guys I'm e-looking up to could give me a little push to get to their level.

I don't want to come off like a whiney bitch or anything, but like I said, I came here to improve my efforts in this quasi-art, and I'm sure I do a little bit at a time, but I know there's some dudes with a badooky of tricks in their sleeves around here... And I'd love to have some of them in mine.

That being said, I just hope I'm contributing enough to be worth the whine. I live my life by the "don't be that guy" rule, and bringing this up makes me feel like "that guy."
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Just keep posting man. Post replies to others vids, be honest but polite with your critiques. Try to see about seshing with others and keep putting out vids. Even if you're not getting feedback, you're likely getting views. Eventually you'll get what you're looking for.

Though, I generally get less than 10 replies per vid posted so I may not be the example to follow lol.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

damn, i love this community (=

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    In that case, I guess I'll just suck up my pride and ask... What the fluck does a guy have to do to get some feedback on his work around here?!

I'd like to think I've really gotten into a good stride, and a large part of that comes from observing the vets' work and trying to pick up on the styles that inspire me to go sink hours into my box rather than my local park, but aside from my homies (who I love, don't get me wrong) from my other community, I'm getting fluckall for critiques. I'm not sure if it's a matter of being well enough known to get a crowd to watch my stuff, or if the lack of commentary is for the sake of "it's okay," but I was REALLY hoping some of the guys I'm e-looking up to could give me a little push to get to their level.

I don't want to come off like a whiney bitch or anything, but like I said, I came here to improve my efforts in this quasi-art, and I'm sure I do a little bit at a time, but I know there's some dudes with a badooky of tricks in their sleeves around here... And I'd love to have some of them in mine.

That being said, I just hope I'm contributing enough to be worth the whine. I live my life by the "don't be that guy" rule, and bringing this up makes me feel like "that guy."
    i'd say just keep at it, if you are getting better and improving the views and comments will come.
    There's just tonnes of guys here that have been making great vids for years,(im sure for some guys it's in the hundreds)
    its not fair to the new guys, a lot of decent, or even good vids can get overlooked.

Speaking personally, and not about your vids, but just in general. If I can't get through the whole video, if there were no real "banger" tricks and it was just good or average I tend to not say anything. Nobody wants to give a purely negative review, as constructive and polite as it may be, especially the way some people take criticism.

Usually what i look for in a video is just having your own unique style, no matter what it is, tricks that are difficult, one of a kind or just real smooth. The edit and filming have never been as important to me, its icing on the cake but vids with the focus on the skating will always be my favorite. I enjoy vids from people with all different styles, and amazing editing and filming can go a long way.

New ones will almost always be overlooked...

until they get a chance...

I got my guidance. You'll get yours. I like you because you are involved. Keep posting, make your name old, and you'll get your views. Don I can see that you'll be one of the significant shredders of the new generation. Stick around and you'll eventually shape your own style.
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 04-22-2011 at 02:09 PM.

For me fluckit has never been about getting views or comments on my vide personally I believe if your making your vids for others that's actually the opposite of what "fluckit" style is about. Make the vids for u what u like feel what gets you off the first vid u put put that isnt done for what u think others wanna see but is done solely on what u feel will most likely be the best vid u put out. Vid response is the last thing I think should be on your mind. Fluckit for me is the people themselves no the vids they put out
    Ungrindable.........I beg to differ!!

what jp said
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

i never get many views on my shit either, but im not really looking for any. it's just fun for me. i know if i just stay around for a while, people will know who i am and how i go about things and maybe watch a few vids, but for now i just comment and give feedback, so at least a few of you old guys know me. just hang around for a while and people'll get around to giving feedback, don't feel discouraged.

as jp said, it's about the people themselves, not the vids.

aside from asking what needs to be improved..
    you have to explain to the viewer what youd like to accomplish presentation wise...

i told everyone a long time ago that i love raw low cam zero circa 96 shit..
    in your face raw skating...
    then after i released a few more vids people gave me more constructive opinions towards helping me make the filming style i want...
    to help me reach my goal...

if you just make vids without your peers knowing what you want then theres really no way to criticize without looking like a dick...
    just asking for feedback opens up the conversation block for all kinds of opinionated shit..
    weather its cam tricks spots or even the way you look...

explain your goal...
    help your viewers understand where your coming from and where youd like to go..

antwan showed up first vid with a very flattering note to pawn..
    before everyone watched his vid we knew what we were going to see...
    and the comments hes been receiving reflect on his personal goal..

i am a snail is another example...
    everybody watches yet no one is clear of his goal..
    his comments might be down but the views are always there..

most importantly...
    have no fear of the same genre...

jerr bear makes amazing real life type vids..
    if thats your goal then study and match the work..
    no one said there can only be one king of a fake skate genre...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Thanks guys. 'Specially Marco. I'm not trying to be the next big thing, persey, but there's no harm in learning. Given the fact we're stuck with the games we have for the forseeable future, the only way to get more milage (for me, anyway) is going to be doing things I've done, but much better. I swtiched from Casual to Hardcore this last summer, and had a blast kinda relearning all the basics and getting that little bit better everytime I pumped out a montage. Like I said, seeing the level of talent here is already expanding what I see, which is almost making s3 new again for me.

Thanks for all the support again, ya'll. I'll be sure to start sticking some director's notes in on my things in the future. Sounds like from there, it's all just keep on fluckin'.

shit, I know I'm a new guy and all but I'd say just going into a lobby online with friends and just having chill sessions going for tricks and lines, just fucking around! Personally I love getting tech on ledges and innovating/doing stuff people haven't done as much. Key word - Creativity.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Fluckit Style is tha best style...... regardless of actual skating style everyone gets a little props from time to time (ea wasnt really like that, more negative stuff)

like all others have said Fluckit Style (from what I can tell), is about supporting each other, and doing what makes you Happy/Have Fun

Im newer (started in Skate 3), I think most people know who I am now (....most), BUT I never got there by going on live with people.......
    I just did my Own Thing (Fluckit Style), made vids, made parks and graphics (always doing things for my enjoyment not others), and eventually people caught on and started to dig my shit

I was never here to become "known" either, if you keep doing your thing and making vids for fun, then you will be here for a while

and cool thing about fluckit is..... for the most part, everyone gets the credit they deserve

dont get caught up in the little bogus stuff, and do your OWN thing AND FUN WILL COME

Ill be watching for your next video no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    no one said there can only be one king of a fake skate genre...
    yeah i did, and its me.
    peasants.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

lolskatehead

its obv me

Yes You Can!

I feel you DonVigo, I used to get really annoyed at the lack of comments I get, but like people have said, as long as you do your thing and always have fun with it people will appreciate it whether they say so or not. like pawn I'm all about putting as many good, raw tricks in a vid as possible; the more perfectionistic you are the more polished your vids will seem.

I've recently been thinking about the nature of this game and it occurred to me that those of us who play seriously are kinda like the equivalent to poor medieval puppeteers showing their craft on the streets for the ruffians (= teh internets). Puppetry is a legit artform, but obviously we're constrained in our craft by the limitations of the game, BUT until we've met all the limits of our imagination within the game, wr haven't really reached those limitations.

This also leads me to thinking about edits; while I enjoy a good edit, I do feel like the community over celebrates the value of a good edit; to me the main reason for playing the game is to be able to play out your ideal skating aesthetic and the rest is just extra. But to each their own.