Thread: If the effects of this solo last more than four hours, call your doctor.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm on my phone so mods forgive browser doesn't allow me to scroll post in edit

But above is all meant in <3
    Ungrindable.........I beg to differ!!

Pretty solid. A couple of bangers in there.. although I have to agree with JP, some tricks didn't seem thought out, it's like they just kinda happened while skating around.

My biggest gripe would be the lack of skate sounds though. I like to be able to here the grind, and especially the landing!

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Hey guys, this one drifted off the front page before I could get that feeback.

As far as the tricks, every so often I'm guilty of the "oh, that random trick looked cool" filiming style, but it's probably less often than you think. 9 times out of 10 I don't flim the first thing I land, as I'll try a few tricks out on an object before I commit. However, I've never thought as far as the feet in the frame... Like, totally above the level of detail I've been looking at. That's a game changer, really. Shame I've plunked a ton of footy for my next project already, but that's a noodler.

And I'm assuming "waveforming" has something to do with the sound file. Beyond that, I dunno. I can read that to see where the main beats are, but I've also never really tried too hard to make landings go on beat. Another detail to start tracking.

However, I like to leave the vignetting on for consistancy. I'm a little ADD and for some reason it distracts the hell out of me in montages where it switches.

Speaking of, Shaydee - Do you know how to keep that sound in a super long lens shot?! I know that up close shots are cake, as you're right there, but my long lens shots seem silent when I get my hands on 'em.

Seriously guys, thanks. That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

What sort of long lens are you using? I go for about 110 - 160mm and that picks up the skating sounds fine, sometimes I may up the volume of that clip a bit, but not often.

A solution, albeit a painful one would be to film the clip again up close and put that clips sounds in place of the long lens ones.
    Last edited by Shaydee UK; 05-02-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typo