Thread: My new old school board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

im going to be keeping my trucks and wheels on my old set up:

just ordered some trucks and wheels, went with the lowest/lightest Indys and some soft 52 mm filmer wheels

http://www.a51.ca/skateshop/shop/pro...ies-black-129/

http://www.a51.ca/skateshop/shop/pro...ared-evans-52/

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I just scored a set of Aces for my newest setup, and I LOVE the things. I was on the east coast, at a skatepark a buddy runs, and one of the local pro's and some Ishod Wier guy (HELL of a nice guy, and yeah, I know he's one of the best am's out) got into a convo about 'em. Local guy said they're based on the 80's era Indy design. I love 'em. They're stable enough that I ride 'em looser than the indy's I came off of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    I just scored a set of Aces for my newest setup, and I LOVE the things. I was on the east coast, at a skatepark a buddy runs, and one of the local pro's and some Ishod Wier guy (HELL of a nice guy, and yeah, I know he's one of the best am's out) got into a convo about 'em. Local guy said they're based on the 80's era Indy design. I love 'em. They're stable enough that I ride 'em looser than the indy's I came off of.
    was it this one? http://www.a51.ca/skateshop/shop/pro...trucks-00-raw/

was one of my choices, says its recommended for 6.5" and under board widths while most of them that i looked at had a range more in the 7-8" range.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Mine are gold, but yeah, that's them.

Generally, for the last... Shit, 20 years I've only been able to fall in love with Indy's. All I've ridden since... Hell, the last new trucks before I tried the Ace's were Fury's when they came out, but I switched out of those pretty damn quick. The Ace's replaced some 7 year old Indy's I was totally married to, and I'm VERY pleased with them. Like I said, the old design. Makes them feel very, very familiar. I'd figure with all that kick-ass freestyling you do the extra stability would help. I'm an old pool/bowl/transition junkie, and they let me loosen up to the point that I'm finding new lines at the park I've been riding on and off for over 10 years. I love 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    Mine are gold, but yeah, that's them.

Generally, for the last... Shit, 20 years I've only been able to fall in love with Indy's. All I've ridden since... Hell, the last new trucks before I tried the Ace's were Fury's when they came out, but I switched out of those pretty damn quick. The Ace's replaced some 7 year old Indy's I was totally married to, and I'm VERY pleased with them. Like I said, the old design. Makes them feel very, very familiar. I'd figure with all that kick-ass freestyling you do the extra stability would help. I'm an old pool/bowl/transition junkie, and they let me loosen up to the point that I'm finding new lines at the park I've been riding on and off for over 10 years. I love 'em.
    thanks a lot man, I knew some of you old school guys would have some helpful insight.

I've got the Ace's bookmarked, i'll see how i like my indy's when they come in. If they're too wide i'll throw em on my old deck and pick up the Ace's for my new one.

Finally got my new board set up. Got the trucks as tight as they'll go and some 52 mm filmer wheels, 80a, super soft. This is going to be a strictly flatground board. Its really fun having two oldschool decks at the same time. With them both set up so differently,(one full loose crazy wheel bite, hard wheels, the other super tight with super soft wheels) I've never been so happy with my set up. Now i just need to get my own longboard

XBL
    TheDietTea

Looks interesting..
    The further boards have a little scuffing?
    I've been noticing it on my board.. made me wonder about thicker grip
    but I've been doing a lot of caveman variations lately maybe with some good gloves