Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Default My new old school board

Powell Peralta Kevin Harris Pro re-issue
    26" x 7"
    no concave whatsoever
    nose hangs out pretty far, but zero pop

one interesting measurement i found, comparing it to my current board...
    although my new board is only an inch shorter, there 4" less space in the center area between the bolts...

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

that thing is dope.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I fucking LOVE that they can put Peralta's name back on the reissues.

I came back from an injury by getting a Vato's Bones reissue deck, double risers, and pool wheels with the intent to basically start over from when I was a kid and relearn everything I never could bring myself to do growing up. I now hang the deck proudly on my wall, but always wished it didn't say "Powell Classic" on the topsheet when I was riding it.

Here's hoping the old-tech deck does for your style what it did for mine, sir.

Mighty fine purchase, indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    I fucking LOVE that they can put Peralta's name back on the reissues.

I came back from an injury by getting a Vato's Bones reissue deck, double risers, and pool wheels with the intent to basically start over from when I was a kid and relearn everything I never could bring myself to do growing up. I now hang the deck proudly on my wall, but always wished it didn't say "Powell Classic" on the topsheet when I was riding it.

Here's hoping the old-tech deck does for your style what it did for mine, sir.

Mighty fine purchase, indeed.
    thanks dude, can't wait to skate this thing. I have a feeling no concave and that long popless nose are gonna do wonders for flatground. I'll probably use it just for that, and keep my Brew Killers deck for bombing hills and other misc non flatgroundish stuff

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

I think I still have an old thrashed out Welinder and Mullen in storage somewhere. That is a lovely board you have there. Can't wait to see new footy with it. If they still have the old habit (mushrooming and seperating) I'd recommend grabbing a set of tailbones for use on each end as it will add probably 1000% to the life of it from the abuse.

Edit: Forgot on the tailbones you'll need to sand them down so they go flush as they have a tendency to always hang a bit over the rounded edges of the deck.
    Last edited by replicant; 04-29-2011 at 03:52 AM.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

vcj grpx are all epic

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    I think I still have an old thrashed out Welinder and Mullen in storage somewhere. That is a lovely board you have there. Can't wait to see new footy with it. If they still have the old habit (mushrooming and seperating) I'd recommend grabbing a set of tailbones for use on each end as it will add probably 1000% to the life of it from the abuse.

Edit: Forgot on the tailbones you'll need to sand them down so they go flush as they have a tendency to always hang a bit over the rounded edges of the deck.
    thanks man, I'll see how it goes, but i think for this first wave of old school boards I'd rather not have any guards/tailbones or whatever. Especially since i love grabbing the board. I'll see how i like it, how it wares and lasts.