Thread: My new old school board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Finally got my new board set up. Got the trucks as tight as they'll go and some 52 mm filmer wheels, 80a, super soft. This is going to be a strictly flatground board. Its really fun having two oldschool decks at the same time. With them both set up so differently,(one full loose crazy wheel bite, hard wheels, the other super tight with super soft wheels) I've never been so happy with my set up. Now i just need to get my own longboard

XBL
    TheDietTea

Looks interesting..
    The further boards have a little scuffing?
    I've been noticing it on my board.. made me wonder about thicker grip
    but I've been doing a lot of caveman variations lately maybe with some good gloves

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Looks interesting..
    but I've been doing a lot of caveman variations lately maybe with some good gloves
    Stick with first aid tape for fingers as you still keep your control and it's cheap. Gloves tend to snag on shit too much.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Looks interesting..
    really not a fan of gloves, better off taping your fingers like Mullen did, more control. I do wear them occasionally if we're bombing hills and putting our hands down, little bert slides and carves and stuff, I just dont like them for grabbing the board, not enough control.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I was wondering what the tape was about..
    first aid tape.. alright..
    Will have to get some soon.
    Fucked up my thumb today.. tiny notch layer of skin missing sucks.
    I think I'm going to try out a double impact board..
    I doubt this is very accurate but why the hell not

finally had a nice 2 hour flatground sesh on the new board...

Its so responsive, the most subtle movements go a long way.it takes some getting used to, but im loving it. In combination with the soft wheels its made my manual/spacewalk combinations longer and better than ever. The longest one was like 45 sec haha. I'd just spacewalk in circles, doing little manuals here and there just to get my balance back, having a blast

I am going to get those Ace trucks, smaller and lighter does sound better, and it would be nice to have a thin enough truck to do primos if i ever decide to get back into them, cuz right now the indys hang out just enough to make em impossible...

XBL
    TheDietTea

I've messed with spacewalks a bit..
    do you keep your shoulders straight?
    I've been keeping my shoulders out right and just leaning my lower body into the spacewalk.. feels so different..
    you're skating the flatter board? Never would've guessed you'd have better results.

I just stay loose, swing the arms, twisting with the hips. You have to get into a rhythm, just keep pumping.

I found the funnest way to spacewalk is to just manual around in circles, throwing in spacewalks here and there, the focus being on just keeping the manual not how big of a rotation you get on the spacewalk itself. Then just increase the ratio of spacewalk:manual and try to get them longer. Getting spacewalks to the point where you are doing a series of 180 rotations is the funnest thing but definitely takes a lot of practice to get to that level, baby steps.

I'd recommend just really working on your slow manuals, you've got the long tennis court manuals and whatnot, try manualing until you run out of speed then just keep holding it and spacewalk to get your momentum back. Switch to and from a manual to a spacewalk is a great way to quickly change your centre of gravity and momentum.