Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: skaters vs bmxers

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRewind View Post
    my ps3 slim doesnt play ps2 games so im trying to get this ps2 emu working....Im going to get a xbox 360 with a copy of DM2 hopefully soon
    I've been watching ebay the past week or so and I was able to grab the Xbox versions of Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 and Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 for $6.20 ($4.00 of which was USPS Priority 3-Day Shipping). It was only $2.20 total for both games when I won the auction. Now to get back into practice.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

I ride a scooter, I am 24 years old and i know proper park etiquette. The problem isn't the equipment the person is riding, it's the person riding it. Yes young kids on scooters are especially annoying but on any given day I can point out the same amount of young kids on bikes and skateboards being guilty of the same things. Scooters get a bad rep but everyone at my skatepark gives me respect and I give them the same respect in return. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

I love watching skateboarding and skateboarders, there is just something amazing about it. I consider myself blessed if i had any talent on a real skateboard. Nothing has ever come natuarally to me but I have always had a strange attraction to the obscure and smaller tight knit communities like this one and the scooter scene is the same way. Jest a bunch of people doing waht makes them happy and not giving a shit waht other people think abouut it.

Think about it like this I probably get the same response from people when I tell them I ride a scooter as you would get if you told someone you made skate videos on a video game.

Oh heyyy almost forgot! To anyone wondering, scootering is far from dead there have been huge progressions in scootering in the recent years and there are plenty of companies pushing invation and riders doing thing wyou would have never imagined.

This is waht real scooter riding looks like...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se1ZbIJahuc
    Last edited by xxCALM KILLERxx; 06-23-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    Never lead,
    Never follow,
    Always walk alone

Bump 'cause this thread is really interesting.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goon_Panda View Post
    Bump 'cause this thread is really interesting.
    Indeed. I get really mad when, at a spot full of bikers, some of them (who I've known for months, even years) start saying sh!T about skateboarders and skateboarding, with no logical explanation (because there's none).
    In 2 weeks, the United BMX Team (some of, if not, the best, bmx riders in the world from the US and Europe) is coming to Argentina for 3 weeks and ride locals places, film stuff for their upcoming trip dvd and such. I know they wont want to shot park clips in a foreign, never-ridden-before country for a dvd, but, if some of those days, Mr. Corey Martinez and Nathan Williams would like to just cruise a bowl or something like that, they wont be able to, because there isn't any. Lol why do I care about them, I want to ride a bowl so bad ;(

I hate that. Where I live we have rectangular pools. I've never had the epic joy of carving up a multi-elevation kidney pool.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

not to be a dick, but riding bowls is maaaaaaaaaaaad fun haha just riding one in circles is a blast. But Agus, those dudes that you mentioned seem legit, try to find where they ride and try to get a few photos! that would be tight!!

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by xxCALM KILLERxx View Post
    I ride a scooter, I am 24 years old[/url]
    Unless you're insanely good or making money from it, it just isn't right on a full grow adult.

Never been a fan of scootering (or whatever you call it). Haven't rode a scooter since I was about 10, and that was only the odd time. Just dont think it requires that much skill. Yes most of that video did, but I could 360 and tail whip or whatever and I hardly touched the scooter.

Most BMX and skateboarders around here are pretty cool. (I don't know about at the park, its pretty poor and full of goth/emo junkies who believe they own the place, so I haven't visited in years) Everyone has respect for each others ability and stuff, just the guys who take themselves too serious who have the problems.

I don't know if what I just said had anything to do with this thread, but there's too many words to read.

the bmx community has thee largest group of aggressive assholes ive ever seen in any sport.
    i have no idea why so many are so pissed.
    every other mother fucker thinks there on bonedeth.

scooters.
    i dont understand how scooters arent made in different sizes.
    if a dude is 6,1 and he has a size 13 shoe give the dude a lil more room for his feet.
    and lift the fuckin handle bars at least 6-10 inches..
    the size of a scooter on a grown man looks like a desperate plea for comedic relief.
    going fakie is the shit but i cant not see a toy commercial everything i see a grown man on one.

this all coming from a 27 year old who rides fixed freestyle as there current hobby.
    why would i try to do tricks on a giant full size bike?
    why would i use a fixed drive tran that never stops moving if im in motion. (wheels move=legs move)
    because its fun and difficult and im an idiot.

do not want to spam with videos but two i suggest and two for shits.
    matss production is on point.

tom is tom.

http://vimeo.com/30966938
    http://vimeo.com/31280609
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    not to be a dick, but riding bowls is maaaaaaaaaaaad fun haha just riding one in circles is a blast. But Agus, those dudes that you mentioned seem legit, try to find where they ride and try to get a few photos! that would be tight!!
    For sure man, they'll be 1 week in my city, will stop at the local shop for pics signs and all that shit. As soon as they get on their bikes I'll be with the shutter half-pressed heheh.

I'm so stoked with this man, like, I imaging this dudes riding the tuffest streets spots downtown, everything we've always dreamed of doing, this guys will.

yay new flyer.

I ride BMX. I also used to be a "Scooter Kid". There was no discrimination between bikes, scoots, skates and blades. Us bikers and scoots would actually give skaters and inline bladers priority over the mini/bowl at our local park. It's like scooter kid says "dude, you wanna hit the ledge?" Skater says "Yup," scooter kid: "go for it bro". Then the skater does a Shuvit to tail, and the Scooter kids and bikers are all like "DUDE THAT WAS DOPE!" , all in unison.

It still happens in my town today, and we actually have comps with separate discipline challenges, e.g. BMX best trick, Skate best line, Scoot best trick, Blades best line etc.

We do get the occasional problem with some bmx guys being total douchebags though. Some skater got landed on and broke his knee the other day, I had to drive him to hospital. There are tags all over the park saying "wanks on planks", and "fruits on scoots".

At our park, there's a section we call skater island cos it has all the rails, stairs, ledges and pads. The bikers are taking it over and the skaters are gettin' very sick of it. No biker cares about a skater hitting the tranny area, so I don't think there should be any problem.

I guess you could call our local park "dangerous as fuck".
    Last edited by Goon_Panda; 03-24-2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: recent shit

Steam
    Monkadelic

Snaking has always been a factor in everything from bmx, fruitbooting, and boarding. It's something you have to either learn to live with or be aggressive yourself to get in b4 the next person in a public park with no structure; PERIOD! There's alot of hate generated from all sides on this- but its a solid cold, hard, fact. its gonna happen- and ALOT..... you snooze you lose period! It's just the frequency has upped a notch quite a bit with the BMX'ers in small indoor parks than rather large outdoor ones than I remember. You can go 20 mph and shoulder block a fruit out of the way without the worry of a handlebar, axle, or spokes grinding in your teeth or up your ass. I always had a good non-spoken communication at parks with other ppl with sign language- if I'm going x mph after a trick and I see someone coming in on my personal space, I politely gave a finger pointing in the direction I wanted them to go around me or the way I was going, depending on the situation. If they couldn't read that; then they got the full rock botom of the impact they were destined to with me still stand looking over them saying what a dumbass. Snake if you want- be aggresive in it tho if you have to; and defend your stance to dipshits is the key to making your day at the park a much enjoyable one.

p.s. as far as scooters go; just run the shit over them no matter what lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    p.s. as far as scooters go; just run the shit over them no matter what lol
    Dude, it's not what people ride, it's the people who ride them. Don't douche.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

fuck skaters

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    fuck skaters
    Why would you say that? LOL, I shouldn't care. Cos I scoot, bike and skate. All fucking three.
    Last edited by Goon_Panda; 03-24-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: me threesta

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    fuck skaters
    in that case, why are you even on a skate/fake-skate forum...

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    in that case, why are you even on a skate/fake-skate forum...
    *cough*that'sthejoke*cough*

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Quote Originally Posted by terminallyCapricious View Post
    *cough*that'sthejoke*cough*
    ^...

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    *fgf related post*
    why would you do fgf instead of bmx? that constant pedaling shit inhibits you from doing quite a few tricks.

ignore this post

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    I used to ride skateboards but i sucked so i started riding bmx
    Isen't that how every bmxer starts?

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rushiie View Post
    Isen't that how every bmxer starts?

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    I made the same face when I saw "Isen't"

ignore this post