Thread: skaters vs bmxers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I used to ride BMX around the same time I started skating. but we had no skate parks, so the BMX riding was done on dirt stunt tracks and skating was done on the street. this was 91 or so, I was 12.

eventually I stopped riding my bike, even sold it when I was 16. I never really had beef with BMX riders because I know that shit is fun too. the only problem is when they come into a small skate park, if you get hit by a guy on a bike, or have to ditch your board or kill your line because a BMX rider ate shit or something it gets annoying. there were a couple that used to show up at the Huntington HS skate park, which was really the only one around when I was skating, and that thing is tiny and it actually got a little hairy with BMX dudes rolling around. I don't really skate anymore (old and hurt), but if I'm at a skate park just rolling around doing rocks on tranny I always keep an eye out for those guys. I know they close the Vans skate park in Orange to skaters one night a week and just let the BMX riders have their fun.

I have mad respect for the sport though, especially the vert guys, that shit is nuts.

XBL
    emericaridr11

BMX is so tight.... BUT the people who ride them (at least fools around me) think they fucking own the skatepark

they snake us all over the place, and act like they deserve to

ya BMX is Awesome, BMXers SUCK ass (in colorado)...... and they chip off the coping but thats ok, cant get mad at that

There are lot of dicks in bmx , but there in every sport .Being a bmxer i always felt that we should just get along .Etiquette, Etiquette, make eye contact with people before randomly snaking someone ( thanks for letting me know how u feel )
    create it and skate it !

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    There are lot of dicks in bmx , but there in every sport .Being a bmxer i always felt that we should just get along .Etiquette, Etiquette, make eye contact with people before randomly snaking someone ( thanks for letting me know how u feel )
    true that.... I wished more BMXers here had that same mentality...... its always the 12 years olds and BMXers who snake me