Thread: skaters vs bmxers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blazing a Trail

Man thats cool replicant.... You lucky sob... I wish DM3 didnt turn into BMXXX

I still play those games..

Heres a vid I made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSHoP...el_video_title...

When I get a cap card I'll make DM2 vids for sure
    Last edited by EternalRewind; 05-26-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRewind View Post
    Man thats cool replicant.... You lucky sob... I wish DM3 didnt turn into BMXXX

I still play those games..

Heres a vid I made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSHoP...el_video_title...

When I get a cap card I'll make DM2 vids for sure
    Very nice. That brings back memories. Loved the Alley Oop stuff. I was always a half-cab nerd and still am. I still play them too when my PS2 works (on 4th or 5th one >_<!). Might look into the PS2 emu scene and see how it is.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    Very nice. That brings back memories. Loved the Alley Oop stuff. I was always a half-cab nerd and still am. I still play them too when my PS2 works (on 4th or 5th one >_<!). Might look into the PS2 emu scene and see how it is.
    my ps3 slim doesnt play ps2 games so im trying to get this ps2 emu working....Im going to get a xbox 360 with a copy of DM2 hopefully soon

XBL
    replicant#2618

my ps3 slim doesnt play ps2 games so im trying to get this ps2 emu working....Im going to get a xbox 360 with a copy of DM2 hopefully soon
    Oddly enough on DMFBMX2 I have it for Gamecube, Dreamcast, and PS2. I don't have the Xbox version, but a quick google shows it for as low as $1.99 and up (Some $5 after shipping added). Ebay has some even cheaper.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

the BMX'ers are cool when they're off their bikes. (at least in my town) I've met some chill guys from out of town, but you don't see them around much.
    Problem is, the skatepark in my town is very small, with almost everything falling into one line. The bikers hog this entire run, doing nothing at all, or just sitting on something random in the middle of the run. That, and it seems like none of them notice when you are skating something, and just ride by, almost freaking crashing into you. I have nothing against BMX'ing, I just don't like any of the ones in my town.
    youtube.com/tacoman1337

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by TACOPUNISH3R View Post
    the BMX'ers are cool when they're off their bikes. (at least in my town) I've met some chill guys from out of town, but you don't see them around much.
    Problem is, the skatepark in my town is very small, with almost everything falling into one line. The bikers hog this entire run, doing nothing at all, or just sitting on something random in the middle of the run. That, and it seems like none of them notice when you are skating something, and just ride by, almost freaking crashing into you. I have nothing against BMX'ing, I just don't like any of the ones in my town.
    Kinda similar scene around here dude..
    But it varies haha it's weird
    Some parks they will just be in the way but depending on the setup
    sometimes they will just be chilling on the sidelines.

That happens with skaters too though.. I've run into a few people
    had to stop for someone coming
    the skaters actually seemed more aggressive around here.

Fluckit Master

Mate that DM2 edit is awesome! nice moves man.

Here is a video I made of me riding the bike in THAW. I had it all modded so I could ride the bike in parks created by myself (that mod also gave me the chance to play online with self created maps, pretty much like skate 3 right now, had tons of fun with it back in the '07 hahah).

You can see realistic gaming is all I do (like in the skate series tho).

I find THAW the best bike game and it's not even a fully bmx game! THAW has smooth and realistic physics, too bad about the lack of tricks but, It's way too good for just a skate game with a bike as an option.

I've been playing both skate and bmx game for years (I've been riding my bmx for years too) and I find skate games way more fun. Needless to say Thrasher S&D was/is/will be beyond epic.

XBL
    replicant#2618

I've been watching ebay the past week or so and I was able to grab the Xbox versions of Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 and Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 for $6.20 ($4.00 of which was USPS Priority 3-Day Shipping). It was only $2.20 total for both games when I won the auction. Now to get back into practice.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

I ride a scooter, I am 24 years old and i know proper park etiquette. The problem isn't the equipment the person is riding, it's the person riding it. Yes young kids on scooters are especially annoying but on any given day I can point out the same amount of young kids on bikes and skateboards being guilty of the same things. Scooters get a bad rep but everyone at my skatepark gives me respect and I give them the same respect in return. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

I love watching skateboarding and skateboarders, there is just something amazing about it. I consider myself blessed if i had any talent on a real skateboard. Nothing has ever come natuarally to me but I have always had a strange attraction to the obscure and smaller tight knit communities like this one and the scooter scene is the same way. Jest a bunch of people doing waht makes them happy and not giving a shit waht other people think abouut it.

Think about it like this I probably get the same response from people when I tell them I ride a scooter as you would get if you told someone you made skate videos on a video game.

Oh heyyy almost forgot! To anyone wondering, scootering is far from dead there have been huge progressions in scootering in the recent years and there are plenty of companies pushing invation and riders doing thing wyou would have never imagined.

This is waht real scooter riding looks like...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se1ZbIJahuc
    Last edited by xxCALM KILLERxx; 06-23-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    Never lead,
    Never follow,
    Always walk alone

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by xxCALM KILLERxx View Post
    I ride a scooter, I am 24 years old[/url]
    Unless you're insanely good or making money from it, it just isn't right on a full grow adult.

Never been a fan of scootering (or whatever you call it). Haven't rode a scooter since I was about 10, and that was only the odd time. Just dont think it requires that much skill. Yes most of that video did, but I could 360 and tail whip or whatever and I hardly touched the scooter.

Most BMX and skateboarders around here are pretty cool. (I don't know about at the park, its pretty poor and full of goth/emo junkies who believe they own the place, so I haven't visited in years) Everyone has respect for each others ability and stuff, just the guys who take themselves too serious who have the problems.

I don't know if what I just said had anything to do with this thread, but there's too many words to read.

the bmx community has thee largest group of aggressive assholes ive ever seen in any sport.
    i have no idea why so many are so pissed.
    every other mother fucker thinks there on bonedeth.

scooters.
    i dont understand how scooters arent made in different sizes.
    if a dude is 6,1 and he has a size 13 shoe give the dude a lil more room for his feet.
    and lift the fuckin handle bars at least 6-10 inches..
    the size of a scooter on a grown man looks like a desperate plea for comedic relief.
    going fakie is the shit but i cant not see a toy commercial everything i see a grown man on one.

this all coming from a 27 year old who rides fixed freestyle as there current hobby.
    why would i try to do tricks on a giant full size bike?
    why would i use a fixed drive tran that never stops moving if im in motion. (wheels move=legs move)
    because its fun and difficult and im an idiot.

do not want to spam with videos but two i suggest and two for shits.
    matss production is on point.

tom is tom.

http://vimeo.com/30966938
    http://vimeo.com/31280609
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...