Thread: skaters vs bmxers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I ride a scooter, I am 24 years old and i know proper park etiquette. The problem isn't the equipment the person is riding, it's the person riding it. Yes young kids on scooters are especially annoying but on any given day I can point out the same amount of young kids on bikes and skateboards being guilty of the same things. Scooters get a bad rep but everyone at my skatepark gives me respect and I give them the same respect in return. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

I love watching skateboarding and skateboarders, there is just something amazing about it. I consider myself blessed if i had any talent on a real skateboard. Nothing has ever come natuarally to me but I have always had a strange attraction to the obscure and smaller tight knit communities like this one and the scooter scene is the same way. Jest a bunch of people doing waht makes them happy and not giving a shit waht other people think abouut it.

Think about it like this I probably get the same response from people when I tell them I ride a scooter as you would get if you told someone you made skate videos on a video game.

Oh heyyy almost forgot! To anyone wondering, scootering is far from dead there have been huge progressions in scootering in the recent years and there are plenty of companies pushing invation and riders doing thing wyou would have never imagined.

This is waht real scooter riding looks like...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se1ZbIJahuc
    Last edited by xxCALM KILLERxx; 06-23-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    Never lead,
    Never follow,
    Always walk alone

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by xxCALM KILLERxx View Post
    I ride a scooter, I am 24 years old[/url]
    Unless you're insanely good or making money from it, it just isn't right on a full grow adult.

Never been a fan of scootering (or whatever you call it). Haven't rode a scooter since I was about 10, and that was only the odd time. Just dont think it requires that much skill. Yes most of that video did, but I could 360 and tail whip or whatever and I hardly touched the scooter.

Most BMX and skateboarders around here are pretty cool. (I don't know about at the park, its pretty poor and full of goth/emo junkies who believe they own the place, so I haven't visited in years) Everyone has respect for each others ability and stuff, just the guys who take themselves too serious who have the problems.

I don't know if what I just said had anything to do with this thread, but there's too many words to read.

the bmx community has thee largest group of aggressive assholes ive ever seen in any sport.
    i have no idea why so many are so pissed.
    every other mother fucker thinks there on bonedeth.

scooters.
    i dont understand how scooters arent made in different sizes.
    if a dude is 6,1 and he has a size 13 shoe give the dude a lil more room for his feet.
    and lift the fuckin handle bars at least 6-10 inches..
    the size of a scooter on a grown man looks like a desperate plea for comedic relief.
    going fakie is the shit but i cant not see a toy commercial everything i see a grown man on one.

this all coming from a 27 year old who rides fixed freestyle as there current hobby.
    why would i try to do tricks on a giant full size bike?
    why would i use a fixed drive tran that never stops moving if im in motion. (wheels move=legs move)
    because its fun and difficult and im an idiot.

do not want to spam with videos but two i suggest and two for shits.
    matss production is on point.

tom is tom.

http://vimeo.com/30966938
    http://vimeo.com/31280609
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    *fgf related post*
    why would you do fgf instead of bmx? that constant pedaling shit inhibits you from doing quite a few tricks.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo