Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bin laden DEAD !

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

I'm against all kind of terror and 911 was a horrible event, no doubt in that. But what sickens me is the shitty eye-for-an-eye attidude most americans seem to have, i don't say all of them, and if you're feeling pissed on, it wasn't my intention, i'm just saying my honest opinion. For me the whole so called "war on terror" is a farce, the only possible reason for it wouldn't be hunting down obl but gain money, power and most important oil.

Just my two cents, feel free to hate me for saying so...
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    The fact of the matter is both sides have their wrongs.

We killed their people. They killed our people. The situation is too complicated and too censored to the public...

therefore finding the absolute right and wrong... hero and enemy...

is impossible.

These were very sound words and I feel like they were overlooked, so I'm highlighting them.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepoet View Post
    The problem with these numbers are that a large portion of these deaths are caused by insurgent and local terrorist retaliation against the U.S. presence in Iraq. I don't think it's fair to attribute the deaths entirely to the U.S. military. It would be ignoring the fact that a lot of deaths are caused by people who are threatened by a democratic Iraq.
    if your 4000 troopers had not been there, they would still be alive.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I just want to restate: It's fair to celebrate for those who have personal connections to the events of 9/11, or any other attack that Bin Laden was "in charge" of.

However, in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

I think that's a sentiment worth sharing. And again, I'm sorry so many of my fellow Americans give us a bad name. We're not all living by the Code of Hammurabi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

^^ i like that

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Me, too!

After all, every murderer when he kills runs the risk of the most dreadful of deaths, whereas those who kill him risk nothing except promotion.
    Albert Camus
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

In my words, the death of a figure, or an ideal has happened. And that makes the lives of many good people a little easier to lead. However, as an human being, death is never something to celebrate.

I dunno, I have my reasons I was pleased with the news, but it was all seperate from the real humanity of the subject. I think a lot of people are having difficulty identifying that disconnect.
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    I just want to restate: It's fair to celebrate for those who have personal connections to the events of 9/11, or any other attack that Bin Laden was "in charge" of
    well i still think celebrating and telling people "justice is served" is like denying the concept of justice...im not supporting terrorists, i just mean that any criminal deserves a trial, victims deserve a trial... vengeance is barbary and should not be considered as a good way to end this...
    eye for an eye IS barbary

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Tell a kid who lost a parent that justice wasn't served. Tell the wife of a firefighter that went in after the planes hit that justice wasn't served.

There are those who deserve celebration. To them, and to all my friends serving to protect me in a way I wasn't willing to so myself, some sort of positivity is fair.

You can argue the symantics of the subject all you want, but to those people, in my opinion, that is indeed justice being served.

Not the loss of life of another person, but the things which that person represented.

^^ again.. why is american lives more worth than for example afghan lives? or pakistani? or iraki? each death brings sorrow, be it in the holy usa or the middle east.

Blazing a Trail

Tell a kid who lost a parent that justice wasn't served. Tell the wife of a firefighter that went in after the planes hit that justice wasn't served.
    yeah you just let emotions drive justice, stinky argument... this is not how its done...
    Last edited by Slamooh; 05-03-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Bohemian - Where in there did I say anyone's life was worth more than any other nationality's? That's a pretty asinine jump of logic. Again, to SOME, justice has been served. I think trying to take the sentiment away from those people only serves the purpose of being a true contrarian. They happen to be my countrymen, and I can share that sentiment to some degree. Again, this doesn't speak to the value of any person's life based on where they live aside from my ability to relate to them.

Slamooh - Again, the only reason I can think you say that is that you ignored the words "to those" in the second part of that which put the concept of "justice" into context. TO THOSE people, justice has been served. I can identify with that emotion, which is what I was speaking to... Not making an attempt to define "justice." Another far cry from what I was trying to say.

Again, there are some people who take pride in this piece of news. It's identifiable, unless you blindly defy that fact for the sake of doing so. There's no humanity in that. I personally don't celebrate the "justice" for my own personal good, but for those who deserve to do so themselves.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Either way if they would've gotten OBL alive and would've taken him to the US to give him a "fair" trial, the consequence would've been, that they'd sentence him to death either by chair, gas-chamber or whatnot. I'm all against death-penalty, it doesn't bring back those who died.
    The only way to really serve justice would be to make peace, otherwise there still be people dying for some dickheads with blown attitudes that sit back in their fancy chairs, and don't get their hands dirty.
    Fuck eye for an eye!!!
    Osama didn't fly those planes and Obama didn't pull the trigger but both are murderers, for their idea of what is good and holy...
    Last edited by fallingskyline; 05-03-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

If he had come peacefully at anytime over the past 12+ years then I am sure he would have had a court to explain himself. However, he chose to run and orchestrate even more atrocities against his "enemies" for over a decade. What he got in the end he deserved in my opinion.

The US people celebrating in the street are just fucking nimrod college kids and idiots for the most part looking for an excuse to party and politicians/journalists celebrating his death are just positioning for public promotions.

As for the deaths involved in war. Even is a silly conflict like the War on Terrorism/Drugs/etc there will always be casualties. The US has actually done fairly well at trying to avoid civilian casualties. Our enemies however have not been as kind when you see them bombing schools, public transportation, cafe's, etc so those numbers go up. Both sides are flawed, but it depends on which side of the fence you view it from as to how much is acceptable. Go back to WW1, WW2, and Vietnam for example of how modern wars were fought to excess with little regard to civilian lives.

To me Bohemian is simply trolling, but it's getting responses. </shrug>
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Surely it is a big thing for the US getting one of their biggest enemies, no doubt in that, and it is a welcome thing to have it right now, where the country and its financial system is against the wall. See all those spent dollars from your taxes went to a good aim.
    I don't care about those partying people, they'd do so if a bag of rice would fall over in china...
    You cannot compare the WW I & WW II with the asymetric warfare nowadays, if it was like in the wars before, men would meet on an open field shoot themselves and the last one standing is the winner, sadly it isn't so easy. We are in one opinion that every war has it casualties, there simply is no way to avoid that.

For me flix isn't trolling he just has another point of view...

Blazing a Trail

Slamooh - Again, the only reason I can think you say that is that you ignored the words "to those" in the second part of that which put the concept of "justice" into context. TO THOSE people, justice has been served. I can identify with that emotion, which is what I was speaking to... Not making an attempt to define "justice." Another far cry from what I was trying to say.
    Of course, i didnt ignore that part, imo, this is the main flaw of your point of view. you never put justice into context, you should not consider how the victims feel... ... If those people think justice has been served, i find it disturbing and its universally disturbing. Applying justice is trying to be objective... you should not consider subjective point of views.. especially victims who lack logic because of emotions.
    but we re really off subject...

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

So, in other words, you lack the compassion to be able to identify with those this is a good thing to, and my point of view is flawed?

If you say so. I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you at this point, as I don't think you and I could see eye to eye on this subject. You strike me as either too holier-than-thou, or simply too rooted in your own opinion to get anywhere with. I stand by my point that this is a victory to some, and I identify with it. You don't. Doesn't make my opinion on the subject "flawed."
    Last edited by DonVigo; 05-03-2011 at 02:00 AM.

i dont even feel the need to justify my statements. trolling or not, call it what you will. but i def do not jump to conclustions, ive been following this for ages and ive seen and read as much as i can to base my own view of whats happened and is happening. Theres many sides and the whole situation is insanely complex. and i dont like arguing in forums, english is not my main language and i often get misunderstodd or misinterpreted.

bottom line, the world is fucked.. and it will only get worse the coming years. (partly because the american population is brainwashed into supporting these "justified" wars on whatever they choose for the time beeing.)

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    bottom line, the world is fucked.. and it will only get worse the coming years.
    true that, as long as there are people starving and other countries annihilate food with tax-payer's money to keep prices high, mankind will erase itself. but that's pretty much off topic

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

In the earlier posts to me flix you just came across troll like. You're allowed your opinion no matter how much I may disagree with aspects of it. A good portion to me just simply reminds me of the other side of the fence analogy.

As for comparing it to WW1 and WW2 slam that was just an example of how different the wars (and I use that loosely for war on terror) have been fought. Instead of carpet bombing entire neighborhoods the troops are trying hard for precision attacks. This doesn't always happen, but it does show a way they are trying to change the parts of previous warfare they viewed as mistakes. I myself view war differently and thankfully I am not in charge or the death tolls would be a hell of a lot higher. War on Terror is political posturing as it's a premise that can never be won and a metric fuckton of contries are involved in this sham. I just hope our troops come home soon.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    Sounds like a good trip
    Let's not forget that they will bomb with intent of killing themselves
    Bad trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    well i still think celebrating and telling people "justice is served" is like denying the concept of justice...im not supporting terrorists, i just mean that any criminal deserves a trial, victims deserve a trial... vengeance is barbary and should not be considered as a good way to end this...
    eye for an eye IS barbary
    You're acting like he was executed without due process. The Seal Team's mission was to capture and extract him. When they breached the house to capture him, he picked up a weapon and attacked. Had he not picked up that AK, he'd have been taken into custody alive.

^^ again.. why is american lives more worth than for example afghan lives? or pakistani? or iraki? each death brings sorrow, be it in the holy usa or the middle east.
    No one is saying one life is worth more than another and you're definitely trolling the topic with that garbage. Death is inevitable in war and War will exist so long as Mankind is fallible.

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    Either way if they would've gotten OBL alive and would've taken him to the US to give him a "fair" trial, the consequence would've been, that they'd sentence him to death either by chair, gas-chamber or whatnot. I'm all against death-penalty, it doesn't bring back those who died.
    The only way to really serve justice would be to make peace, otherwise there still be people dying for some dickheads with blown attitudes that sit back in their fancy chairs, and don't get their hands dirty.
    Fuck eye for an eye!!!
    Osama didn't fly those planes and Obama didn't pull the trigger but both are murderers, for their idea of what is good and holy...
    I disagree. Capture was the intent of the mission. He picked up a gun and was unwilling to be taken alive (like many evil men before him). In that regard, the Seal(s) who are directly responsible for his death had no other choice.

Of course, i didnt ignore that part, imo, this is the main flaw of your point of view. you never put justice into context, you should not consider how the victims feel... ... If those people think justice has been served, i find it disturbing and its universally disturbing. Applying justice is trying to be objective... you should not consider subjective point of views.. especially victims who lack logic because of emotions.
    but we re really off subject...
    The logic implied here is nice and all but doesn't work in reality. The damage done to the victim MUST be considered when dealing justice. How else would won determine if the punishment fits the crime? Keep in mind that specifically in this case, Bin Laden had released tons of propaganda boasting about the crimes he committed.. so the need to prove it was him would've been ceremonial at best.

i dont even feel the need to justify my statements. trolling or not, call it what you will. but i def do not jump to conclustions, ive been following this for ages and ive seen and read as much as i can to base my own view of whats happened and is happening. Theres many sides and the whole situation is insanely complex. and i dont like arguing in forums, english is not my main language and i often get misunderstodd or misinterpreted.

bottom line, the world is fucked.. and it will only get worse the coming years. (partly because the american population is brainwashed into supporting these "justified" wars on whatever they choose for the time beeing.)
    It's most definitely trolling. And overall your "opinion" is offensive even if only because not only do you look down your nose at others for their decisions, without offering your own but because you're grouping an entire society together in your twisted, unproven viewpoint.

Blazing a Trail

Jest, what bothers me is how people use the term justice, how people are celebrating this in the US and all of that is dumb. Its maybe just symantics as donvigo said... its not. It gives a hint about how some people think in the USA...and i hate that.
    I still think it's bad hes dead and im really wondering if it was a murder raid or a capture raid...
    A question is : capture him or kill him, whats best for USA ? what's best for obama ? a trial or a corpse in the sea ?
    I dont have answers, im just wondering. i do think we can't trust what is being told about the raid...we ll never know i guess...

Dude i definitely agree with this
    The damage done to the victim MUST be considered when dealing justice
    but letting emotions speak is weak... this is not how justice works. Letting emotions speak means punishment won't fit the crime ...no control over emotions and the primitive being in everyone of us takes the lead, fails at reasoning, retaliation... i know theres no doubt here, Bin Laden is a bad guy. There should not be any difference in the justice process between a guy killing one person and a guy killing thousands though...

By the way, i m strongly against death sentence. Maybe thats why my opinion seems twisted... But its another debate i guess
    Last edited by Slamooh; 05-03-2011 at 08:44 AM.

America is an embarrassing place to live sometimes. A great place full of great people who make very poor decisions. This attitude of "They killed ours so we gotta kill theirs!!!!" is the type of logic you should have left in the sandbox in elementary school. Additionally, you're celebrating the death of someone who has no operational role in Al Qaeda. Bin Laden was a spiritual leader and mentor, he was not planning or issuing the orders that cost anyone their lives. It will have no effect on their operation. They have gained a martyr and these battles and constant infiltrations into countries where we have no business will only inspire more to join their ranks. Why does everyone think that going in and killing these people is going to change anything? We are giving them exactly what they want in doing so. These people want Jihad. We're giving them that.

In addition this talk about revenge for 9/11 is frustrating to me. Why do you think that they attacked us on 9/11? Something to do with how they "hate freedom"? Do you think they want to martyr themselves to attack our "freedom"? Could it possibly have anything to do with our military bases in their land? Huh, you think they might be mad about our soldiers occupying land that's been theirs for hundreds of years? Who would've thought... Our military occupations have killed much much more than 3,000 people. I'm not trying to devalue the lives of the victims at all, it was a terrible tragedy and a loss for all of humanity. But we continue to behave in a way that prompts these attacks and are somehow expecting a different response. Do you think any of the victims would say "Yes, please avenge my death with the lives of thousands of other civilians, American and allied troops"? I don't. I don't know what the right response is. I don't have the answers and no one person has all of the answers. Which is why it's important that people really look into what's happening so that everyone can bring something to the table to discuss so that we could maybe reach some sort of agreement. Or we could just keep up the macho bullshit and wait for the nuclear holocaust.

Here are some interesting thoughts about the situation from someone who has covered Al Qaeda extensively. It's short, read it, it'll hopefully make you think. http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/05/02-2

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    America is an embarrassing place to live sometimes. A great place full of great people who make very poor decisions. This attitude of "They killed ours so we gotta kill theirs!!!!" is the type of logic you should have left in the sandbox in elementary school. Additionally, you're celebrating the death of someone who has no operational role in Al Qaeda. Bin Laden was a spiritual leader and mentor, he was not planning or issuing the orders that cost anyone their lives. It will have no effect on their operation. They have gained a martyr and these battles and constant infiltrations into countries where we have no business will only inspire more to join their ranks. Why does everyone think that going in and killing these people is going to change anything? We are giving them exactly what they want in doing so. These people want Jihad. We're giving them that.

In addition this talk about revenge for 9/11 is frustrating to me. Why do you think that they attacked us on 9/11? Something to do with how they "hate freedom"? Do you think they want to martyr themselves to attack our "freedom"? Could it possibly have anything to do with our military bases in their land? Huh, you think they might be mad about our soldiers occupying land that's been theirs for hundreds of years? Who would've thought... Our military occupations have killed much much more than 3,000 people. I'm not trying to devalue the lives of the victims at all, it was a terrible tragedy and a loss for all of humanity. But we continue to behave in a way that prompts these attacks and are somehow expecting a different response. Do you think any of the victims would say "Yes, please avenge my death with the lives of thousands of other civilians, American and allied troops"? I don't. I don't know what the right response is. I don't have the answers and no one person has all of the answers. Which is why it's important that people really look into what's happening so that everyone can bring something to the table to discuss so that we could maybe reach some sort of agreement. Or we could just keep up the macho bullshit and wait for the nuclear holocaust.

Here are some interesting thoughts about the situation from someone who has covered Al Qaeda extensively. It's short, read it, it'll hopefully make you think. http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/05/02-2
    In all fairness, 10 years ago I caught a lot of flack from my friends and family members because I was the one going "you know, there's a very valid reason other cultures hate us and would want to attack us."

I understand how a lot of the world looks at us. Face it, we're the ones making Jersey Shore happen. If there was a single example I could give as to why it is the rest of the world looks at Americans with disdain, that'd be the best one I could give. And, HorseHead, you're right... It's fucking embarrassing. Sad as it is, TV seems to be the biggest influence on our culture, and if you look at that media influence, no wonder we all seem stupid, greedy, and childishly indignant about our perception of our freedoms and liberties. We make celebrities out of people who shouldn't be paid any attention to in the first place, and then obsess over all of their flaws while hypocritically emulating them. We have major news networks which aren't legitamite news outlets, yet people follow the biased and slanted information as if it were some sort of holy verbiage. We do what we want, when we want to do it, regardless of who it may effect, because we're freee to do so, and if you try to go against that freedom or speak ill of it you're "unamerican" or "unpatriotic."

I think rather than "a great place full of great people who make very poor decisions" I'd say "it's a great place with some great people and some individuals who care more about themselves and what they're 'free' to do than the greater good of the rest of their society."

Another thing I've been chastised for saying before, but I still believe it: I'm fortunate to be an American. I don't know if it's anything to take pride in anymore.

notes with demzilla....

like bo..
    you read every article you can to make your own decision...

like opinions...
    every one is entitled to one and should be allowed to keep having one...

like all american history.
    "a eye for an eye" is thee military democratic motto...

like language...
    "justice" is not the same as "fare" "balanced" "even" "honest" "right" "wrong"..

like sympathy..
    im not connected but i am allowed to rejoice with those that are effected...

like extremist...
    we have them in the streets "rioting"/celebrating like others strap bombs to them selfs...

you shouldnt be poking others opinions with a fine tooth comb trying to dismantle the others persons logic...

you should be asking each other thoughtful questions to help each other understand each persons point of view..

opinions are not persuasive essays...

there is no right and wrong...

respect is understanding differences..
    lets try to respect each other here boys...

personally..

even if that pic of his head is fake...
    its the exact thing i wanted to see the next morning..

when i was at the bar the bartender on the bull horn said "raise your glass for america"
    i did..
    and i drank a sip in celebration for my fellow countrymen...
    that was my celebration/sympathy...

is what we did "justice"...
    honestly...
    what "justice" could match the amount of harm and pain this one man has caused?...
    probably nothing...
    so that term kinda makes no sense to me...
    i woulda used a headline using the word "closure"...
    to me its more respectful....

oh i cant wait to get the name of the dude who got the bullet through his left eye..
    so gangster...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

is what we did "justice"...
    honestly...
    what "justice" could match the amount of harm and pain this one man has caused?...
    probably nothing...
    so that term kinda makes no sense to me...
    i woulda used a headline using the word "closure"...
    to me its more respectful....
    Semantics, again, but I agree Demz. Probably the better term for the situation I was referencing in the first place. I raise my... Uh... Cup of coffee to you!

"who care more about themselves"
    is a ...
    "very poor decisions"

semantics..
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" -Martin Luther King, Jr

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    "who care more about themselves"
    is a ...
    "very poor decisions"

semantics..
    Yeah, I rephrased. Which is a function of semantics. Just expanding upon a thought I agree with by adding my own thoughts to it.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

quit it?

so many people were hyped on that shit today
    fucking idiots

I like cookies..

jokes don....

but yeah...

so niggas dead...

does anybody see any shit changing because of this?....

coughNOcough..
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

when its all said and done...

south park has less joke material
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

I've been reading these posts quite carefully. I agree with some of you more than others.
    I will not bother sharing my geopolitic views but I have to say that Horseheads post brings joy to my heart. Remarkably insightful to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post

like all american history.
    "a eye for an eye" is thee military democratic motto...
    That's scary, mostly because it's true.

Here's US policy explained simply:

Last edited by HorseHead; 05-03-2011 at 01:02 PM.

It's a fucking show in here...

Flaming debates...

eh fuck it... i suck at debates...

god bless them fucking americans
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 05-03-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Jest, what bothers me is how people use the term justice, how people are celebrating this in the US and all of that is dumb. Its maybe just symantics as donvigo said... its not. It gives a hint about how some people think in the USA...and i hate that.
    I still think it's bad hes dead and im really wondering if it was a murder raid or a capture raid...
    A question is : capture him or kill him, whats best for USA ? what's best for obama ? a trial or a corpse in the sea ?
    I dont have answers, im just wondering. i do think we can't trust what is being told about the raid...we ll never know i guess...
    While those questions are valid.. the only thing questionable about the entire event is the burial. When you take into account Bin Laden's mantra and the values that he preached and lived by.. the official story makes perfect sense. That he refused to be taken alive. No matter how skilled that Seal team is.. if they're being fired upon.. they're going to put down that threat. They're not going to risk their own lives for the sake of sparing him just so that he could be killed in a sanctioned execution later.

As far as what is best politically.. look at the rampant doubt that's flying through the world. Conspiracy theorists thrive on the idea that the general populace is easily swayed and confused. So what does it mean that the General Populace is doubting the legitimacy? Did everyone suddenly get smarter/more aware? Nope. It's just that people want evidence and that evidence isn't being provided. So definitely.. a live capture and trial would have been infinitely better than this death and quick burial. It would have been irrefutable. So though the way the events have unfolded is odd.. they certainly don't benefit those currently in power.

Dude i definitely agree with this
    but letting emotions speak is weak... this is not how justice works. Letting emotions speak means punishment won't fit the crime ...no control over emotions and the primitive being in everyone of us takes the lead, fails at reasoning, retaliation... i know theres no doubt here, Bin Laden is a bad guy. There should not be any difference in the justice process between a guy killing one person and a guy killing thousands though...

By the way, i m strongly against death sentence. Maybe thats why my opinion seems twisted... But its another debate i guess
    I agree that being overly emotional compromises logic. But empathy does not. That's why victims don't choose the punishments.. judges do. So to say that the emotional state the victim is left in after the fact should be ignored completely, is a bit much for me. It should be considered because the emotional state of the victim is a part of the damage done. I do not, for a second, feel that the mission was intended to kill though. If that were truly the case, he would've been killed by an explosive device rather than with bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post

I had something else written.. but decided to just keep it short. Nothing the US did prior to 9/11 warranted those attacks. Bin Laden's own twisted ideology and his perversion of Islam is what caused those acts.. not the other way around. Our presence in Muslim countries has only been invasive in the aftermath of 9/11.

While occupying the Middle East hasn't made us popular in the least bit.. we only had two choices. Fight or Allow another similar attack happen. Bin Laden and aL Queda's plan to fight the US was hinged on the US bringing the fight to them. And the only way to do that was to attack our civilians in such a manner as to make it a necessity for us. So trust.. if we didn't fight them now.. they would've just kept trying to attack our Civilian Population to entice us into War until they achieved it.

It's a little bit like when you're a kid. You're told never to hit others even if they hit you. And in some cases.. not responding works. In other cases however, not responding is taken as a sign of weakness and they just keep hitting you. Eventually.. even if it's exactly what they want.. you're going to have to hit back.
    Last edited by jest118; 05-03-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: typos like a mofo!

XBL
    TheDietTea

Hibbity bloo blah
    We started a war
    killed osama
    What happens when people are off guard
    war tactics son