Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bin laden DEAD !

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    jokes don....

but yeah...

so niggas dead...

does anybody see any shit changing because of this?....

coughNOcough..
    You're on the money. My wife just deployed to Afghanistan right before this happened and she'll still be out there for her entire scheduled deployment.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

XBL
    emericaridr11

......FilmBurns!

wait thats not right...... BILL HICKS FOR LIFE!

Osama Dead, all Americans going wild..... Im not proud to say I am an American

my 2 cents about partying...

i personally don't have a problem with it... i wouldn't do it myself but...

i guess its one of those emotional things.

we will never know the extent of anger, hatred, and sadness that those Americans had when they had to jump and fall at ripping speeds... to their death.. when they had to watch from the windows of a plane... waiting for an incredibly terrible impact. I feel bad for the people on the planes. Imagine their faces as they inched closer to the building. They'd all throw a party... a big one.

ive been thinking about this all day..

i knew this shit didnt make sense..

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/...her-King-quote

"Megan McArdle, a blogger at the Atlantic, tracked the original quote down to Jessica Dovey, a recent Penn State grad living in Kobe, Japan, who posted this as her Facebook status:

I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. "Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." MLK Jr.

The first sentence is Ms. Dovey's own, followed by a quotation from King's 1963 book, "Strength to Love." At some point along the way, the quote marks vanished, and Dovey's words got mixed up with King's. Subsequently, the quote was shortened, leaving only Dovey's line, now attributed to the civil rights leader."

mlk...
    is not stupid...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

jest..

my homeboy left like 3 weeks ago...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    I had something else written.. but decided to just keep it short. Nothing the US did prior to 9/11 warranted those attacks. Bin Laden's own twisted ideology and his perversion of Islam is what caused those acts.. not the other way around. Our presence in Muslim countries has only been invasive in the aftermath of 9/11.
    Jest, while I respect your opinion I have to disagree with you. And that's fine, conversations like this are a good thing, you seem like a good dude and my response is definitely intended to be respectful, if there's any doubt. But, I don't believe that our presence has only recently become invasive. Of course there was nothing to warrant those attacks and of course religious fanaticism is hugely to blame for this, but I don't feel that these attacks would have occurred had the US not been involved in the Middle East. The issues in that area are incredibly complex and have been built over hundreds of years. Our presence there did not help.

While occupying the Middle East hasn't made us popular in the least bit.. we only had two choices. Fight or Allow another similar attack happen. Bin Laden and aL Queda's plan to fight the US was hinged on the US bringing the fight to them. And the only way to do that was to attack our civilians in such a manner as to make it a necessity for us. So trust.. if we didn't fight them now.. they would've just kept trying to attack our Civilian Population to entice us into War until they achieved it.
    Did we really only have two choices? I'm going to quote something from the article I linked earlier:

"So I was in the Middle East in the days after 9/11. And we had garnered the empathy of not only most of the world, but the Muslim world who were appalled at what had been done in the name of their religion. And we had major religious figures like Sheikh Tantawy, the head of al-Azhar – who died recently – who after the attacks of 9/11 not only denounced them as a crime against humanity, which they were, but denounced Osama bin Laden as a fraud … someone who had no right to issue fatwas or religious edicts, no religious legitimacy, no religious training. And the tragedy was that if we had the courage to be vulnerable, if we had built on that empathy, we would be far safer and more secure today than we are."

I feel that while there may be at some point a need for the US to retaliate to protect itself, an approach like the one referenced above would at the very least show the world that we are not wild cowboys waiting for the opportunity to bust through the door, guns blazing. Violence is definitely their best tool for recruiting new members. If we can further prove them to be outsiders of the Muslim world, by practicing peace, then maybe their recruitment will be affected. This may not be the most effective idea, but it's one that exists. There are also probably more, I'm no expert on the subject. I just read some shit on the internet, same as everyone else.

I hope your wife comes home safe and sound, Jest.

Ok, I'm done talking about world events on a fake skateboarding forum. Haha.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Apparently we're all just finding out
    they didn't announce his death until they got hard DNA evidence
    Kind've funny that we can't indentify the guy we've been hunting
    So it must've been a guns a blazing thing.. unrecognizable so they needed proof.

ive been thinking about this all day..

i knew this shit didnt make sense..

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/...her-King-quote

"Megan McArdle, a blogger at the Atlantic, tracked the original quote down to Jessica Dovey, a recent Penn State grad living in Kobe, Japan, who posted this as her Facebook status:

I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. "Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." MLK Jr.

The first sentence is Ms. Dovey's own, followed by a quotation from King's 1963 book, "Strength to Love." At some point along the way, the quote marks vanished, and Dovey's words got mixed up with King's. Subsequently, the quote was shortened, leaving only Dovey's line, now attributed to the civil rights leader."

mlk...
    is not stupid...
    You have no idea how relieved I am about this. I kept seeing people post this quote everywhere and I kept thinking it didn't make any sense.

jest..

my homeboy left like 3 weeks ago...
    Good thoughts go out towards him. May he return home safely.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    Jest, while I respect your opinion I have to disagree with you. And that's fine, conversations like this are a good thing, you seem like a good dude and my response is definitely intended to be respectful, if there's any doubt. But, I don't believe that our presence has only recently become invasive. Of course there was nothing to warrant those attacks and of course religious fanaticism is hugely to blame for this, but I don't feel that these attacks would have occurred had the US not been involved in the Middle East. The issues in that area are incredibly complex and have been built over hundreds of years. Our presence there did not help.
    The respect is shared.

Generally I agree. Everything stems from the creation of Israel and how volatile that whole situation is. However that was a collective act of the UN.. so I don't see why the US gets the majority of the flack for it. Aside from that major issue though, the US presence in the Middle East before that point had been to help keep Communist Russia out of Afghanistan (thus helping the Muslim country) and helping fight off Saddam's invasion of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia (again.. to help the Muslim countries). In all situations.. the Government in power Requested and Accepted our help. We didn't just fly in against those countries will.

Did we really only have two choices? I'm going to quote something from the article I linked earlier:

"So I was in the Middle East in the days after 9/11. And we had garnered the empathy of not only most of the world, but the Muslim world who were appalled at what had been done in the name of their religion. And we had major religious figures like Sheikh Tantawy, the head of al-Azhar – who died recently – who after the attacks of 9/11 not only denounced them as a crime against humanity, which they were, but denounced Osama bin Laden as a fraud … someone who had no right to issue fatwas or religious edicts, no religious legitimacy, no religious training. And the tragedy was that if we had the courage to be vulnerable, if we had built on that empathy, we would be far safer and more secure today than we are."

I feel that while there may be at some point a need for the US to retaliate to protect itself, an approach like the one referenced above would at the very least show the world that we are not wild cowboys waiting for the opportunity to bust through the door, guns blazing. Violence is definitely their best tool for recruiting new members. If we can further prove them to be outsiders of the Muslim world, by practicing peace, then maybe their recruitment will be affected. This may not be the most effective idea, but it's one that exists. There are also probably more, I'm no expert on the subject. I just read some shit on the internet, same as everyone else.
    I would agree wholeheartedly had that been their first/only attack. But it was Bin Laden's 2nd attack on the WTC Buildings in less than 15 years, in addition to multiple attacks to Embassy's around the world. Couple that with the fact that it was the largest American casualty to a terrorist attack in the history of the country and that it was done on our own soil and it makes the choice to seek retribution of some type almost immediately necessary.

I hope your wife comes home safe and sound, Jest.

Ok, I'm done talking about world events on a fake skateboarding forum. Haha.
    Appreciate it man. Despite having different opinions, it's good to discuss these things.. so no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Apparently we're all just finding out
    they didn't announce his death until they got hard DNA evidence
    Kind've funny that we can't indentify the guy we've been hunting
    So it must've been a guns a blazing thing.. unrecognizable so they needed proof.
    I think it was more because Bin Laden has/had Doubles in many different places throughout the world. Had to make sure it was actually him and not a Doppleganger.

On a stand alone note: I was just watching somthing on PBS that said the Seals reported that Bin Laden wasn't armed, so I could be wrong on that.. which would, of course, lend to legitimizing the thought that it might have been the teams mission to kill him. Still.. it would've been much better to capture him.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

look what i started a debate lol
    create it and skate it !

Banned

Saddam Hussein's dead?

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Saddam Hussein's dead?
    No, Saddam and Tupac have a new album coming out next month.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Banned

Must tell Elvis Presley

XBL
    replicant#2618

Must tell Elvis Presley
    Elvis produced it.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL
    TheDietTea

It's going to be on the We are Fluckit video guys..
    Got it bootleg.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    It's going to be on the We are Fluckit video guys..
    Got it bootleg.
    Link plox
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Banned

Shit's already on YouTube fool

Okay you gotta admit I was close
    Last edited by jerr bear; 05-04-2011 at 10:26 AM.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Shit's already on YouTube fool

That was the first album. duh! Biggie produced that joint.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Banned

My bad

XBL
    replicant#2618

My bad
    nice find. i smell grammy.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    Monkadelic

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Ahhhh, his last FB entry. Saw it earlier and snickered.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

why did this thread suddenly turn EA?

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    People got too heavy so we added levity.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

lol why did i start this its getting crazy
    create it and skate it !

Banned

lol this post made the thread EA imo

loveyou

this thread isn't crazy imo...

just a good discusssion

thanks for the insult bo!...

way to put down everyone in the thread and the forum at the same time..

touche...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

funniest thing monk's ever posted
    good job

dag gave me dis
    http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound
    eeeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks for the insult bo!...

way to put down everyone in the thread and the forum at the same time..

touche...
    no what i meant ur confuzed ( like its getting crazy because it went EA lol)
    create it and skate it !

jokes...

YESILURKTHISFORUMCONSTANTLY...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Justice - the fair and equal treatment of everyone.

I offer this simple definition to point out that justice has not been served. One cannot serve justice, just as an entire country cannot serve justice. It would take an entire nation's population to "serve justice" upon itself, which will never happen.

With that being said, war has always been ugly. War, by definition, demands death. Osama bin Laden declared War on America. His terrorist organization killed innocent American citizens in the most shocking and public display of violence that the world has ever seen within the boundaries of America's most symbolically American city (N.Y.).

The ensuing "war on terrorism" was clearly misguided. It has even been suggested that America was duped by its own government to support a war in Iraq based on false premises so that public money could be privatized (tax money was spent into private coffers via sub-contracted war companies). These events were unfortunate. America's reputation has been badly tarnished as a result and deservedly so.

Obama is NOT responsible for Bush's War on Terror. It is irresponsible to misunderstand culpability. Osama bin Laden's crimes were horrific. He is a mass murderer, there can be no question. Obama punished his crimes and deserves credit for rectifying the wrongs that Bush could not.

It is unfortunate that America seems to take pleasure in a man's death, but that man was himself a killer. If a man walked into my home and shot my wife and child in the head I would not stop long enough to value his life or ponder the ethics of retribution. I would in fact murder him in hot blood. I would let my rage take control. I would see his blood run into the dirt even if it meant that my life was forfeit.

I say all of this simply to illustrate the idea that Osama bin Laden's murder was both justified and sanctioned. The American reaction is subject to scrutiny, but Obama is not to blame, just as a father is not responsible for the actions of his children.
    Last edited by Jack; 05-05-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I say all of this simply to illustrate the idea that Osama bin Laden's murder was both justified and sanctioned. The American reaction is subject to scrutiny, but Obama is not to blame, just as a father is not responsible for the actions of his children.

most intelligent thing i've heard all day.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

On a stand alone note: I was just watching somthing on PBS that said the Seals reported that Bin Laden wasn't armed, so I could be wrong on that.. which would, of course, lend to legitimizing the thought that it might have been the teams mission to kill him. Still.. it would've been much better to capture him.
    If you or anyone else really believes, armed or not, that Bin Laden would've allowed himself to be captured alive, you're both naive and stupid, I'm sorry. But he is not one to become a prisoner and would much rather die a "martyr" in his 'people's' eyes.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

goooooooooooooooooooooooo jack
    DP NIGGA
    ALL DAY ER DAY
    DOUBLES FO LIFE SON
    EVERYBODY GOT A DOPPELGAENGER
    SUCK A DICK

but ferreal though
    yunotakepikturofosama

Default xxxxxx

bin laden influenced the guy to create pokemon to fund the war on terror and build factories that served for training grounds to train al quesdila .

bin laden lives on my couch . global/topangabooty
    I don't do drugs, I am drugs - dali

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    If you or anyone else really believes, armed or not, that Bin Laden would've allowed himself to be captured alive, you're both naive and stupid, I'm sorry. But he is not one to become a prisoner and would much rather die a "martyr" in his 'people's' eyes.
    thanks but i disagree

Banned

I don't think he wanted to be captured dead,

how else was he gonna make money with the single he and 2Pac brought out?!

THINK PEOPLE

XBL
    replicant#2618

I don't think he wanted to be captured dead,

how else was he gonna make money with the single he and 2Pac brought out?!

THINK PEOPLE
    I miss the picture. It made the post more sexah. Besides he faked his death so he could stay on the CIA payroll and still be able to cut the Tupac album incognito.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Banned

Just add me on GW