Thread: Bin laden DEAD !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The fact of the matter is both sides have their wrongs.

We killed their people. They killed our people. The situation is too complicated and too censored to the public...

therefore finding the absolute right and wrong... hero and enemy...

is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    The fact of the matter is both sides have their wrongs.

We killed their people. They killed our people. The situation is too complicated and too censored to the public...

therefore finding the absolute right and wrong... hero and enemy...

is impossible.

These were very sound words and I feel like they were overlooked, so I'm highlighting them.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I just want to restate: It's fair to celebrate for those who have personal connections to the events of 9/11, or any other attack that Bin Laden was "in charge" of.

However, in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

I think that's a sentiment worth sharing. And again, I'm sorry so many of my fellow Americans give us a bad name. We're not all living by the Code of Hammurabi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

^^ i like that

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Me, too!

After all, every murderer when he kills runs the risk of the most dreadful of deaths, whereas those who kill him risk nothing except promotion.
    Albert Camus
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

In my words, the death of a figure, or an ideal has happened. And that makes the lives of many good people a little easier to lead. However, as an human being, death is never something to celebrate.

I dunno, I have my reasons I was pleased with the news, but it was all seperate from the real humanity of the subject. I think a lot of people are having difficulty identifying that disconnect.
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    I just want to restate: It's fair to celebrate for those who have personal connections to the events of 9/11, or any other attack that Bin Laden was "in charge" of
    well i still think celebrating and telling people "justice is served" is like denying the concept of justice...im not supporting terrorists, i just mean that any criminal deserves a trial, victims deserve a trial... vengeance is barbary and should not be considered as a good way to end this...
    eye for an eye IS barbary

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Tell a kid who lost a parent that justice wasn't served. Tell the wife of a firefighter that went in after the planes hit that justice wasn't served.

There are those who deserve celebration. To them, and to all my friends serving to protect me in a way I wasn't willing to so myself, some sort of positivity is fair.

You can argue the symantics of the subject all you want, but to those people, in my opinion, that is indeed justice being served.

Not the loss of life of another person, but the things which that person represented.

^^ again.. why is american lives more worth than for example afghan lives? or pakistani? or iraki? each death brings sorrow, be it in the holy usa or the middle east.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    ^^ again.. why is american lives more worth than for example afghan lives? or pakistani? or iraki? each death brings sorrow, be it in the holy usa or the middle east.
    quit it?

so many people were hyped on that shit today
    fucking idiots

It's a fucking show in here...

Flaming debates...

eh fuck it... i suck at debates...

god bless them fucking americans
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 05-03-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    Tell a kid who lost a parent that justice wasn't served. Tell the wife of a firefighter that went in after the planes hit that justice wasn't served.
    yeah you just let emotions drive justice, stinky argument... this is not how its done...
    Last edited by Slamooh; 05-03-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Bohemian - Where in there did I say anyone's life was worth more than any other nationality's? That's a pretty asinine jump of logic. Again, to SOME, justice has been served. I think trying to take the sentiment away from those people only serves the purpose of being a true contrarian. They happen to be my countrymen, and I can share that sentiment to some degree. Again, this doesn't speak to the value of any person's life based on where they live aside from my ability to relate to them.

Slamooh - Again, the only reason I can think you say that is that you ignored the words "to those" in the second part of that which put the concept of "justice" into context. TO THOSE people, justice has been served. I can identify with that emotion, which is what I was speaking to... Not making an attempt to define "justice." Another far cry from what I was trying to say.

Again, there are some people who take pride in this piece of news. It's identifiable, unless you blindly defy that fact for the sake of doing so. There's no humanity in that. I personally don't celebrate the "justice" for my own personal good, but for those who deserve to do so themselves.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Either way if they would've gotten OBL alive and would've taken him to the US to give him a "fair" trial, the consequence would've been, that they'd sentence him to death either by chair, gas-chamber or whatnot. I'm all against death-penalty, it doesn't bring back those who died.
    The only way to really serve justice would be to make peace, otherwise there still be people dying for some dickheads with blown attitudes that sit back in their fancy chairs, and don't get their hands dirty.
    Fuck eye for an eye!!!
    Osama didn't fly those planes and Obama didn't pull the trigger but both are murderers, for their idea of what is good and holy...
    Last edited by fallingskyline; 05-03-2011 at 01:11 AM.
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

If he had come peacefully at anytime over the past 12+ years then I am sure he would have had a court to explain himself. However, he chose to run and orchestrate even more atrocities against his "enemies" for over a decade. What he got in the end he deserved in my opinion.

The US people celebrating in the street are just fucking nimrod college kids and idiots for the most part looking for an excuse to party and politicians/journalists celebrating his death are just positioning for public promotions.

As for the deaths involved in war. Even is a silly conflict like the War on Terrorism/Drugs/etc there will always be casualties. The US has actually done fairly well at trying to avoid civilian casualties. Our enemies however have not been as kind when you see them bombing schools, public transportation, cafe's, etc so those numbers go up. Both sides are flawed, but it depends on which side of the fence you view it from as to how much is acceptable. Go back to WW1, WW2, and Vietnam for example of how modern wars were fought to excess with little regard to civilian lives.

To me Bohemian is simply trolling, but it's getting responses. </shrug>
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3